f i f t e e n

edited

"no fucking way, mister," tyler's mother said, looking at tyler with fire in her eyes and anger bursting through the vain in her forehead. "you've got a hell of a lot of explaining to do."

"m-momma-"

"i don't want to hear any fucking excuses, tyler!" she yelled, making him flinch and tears to well up in his eyes. his vision was becoming blurry and his eye becoming red. "i said home before dark, it's noon the next day!"

"i-i'm sorry, m-momma!" tyler tried to speak over her, but ended up squeaking because of the fact that he was seconds away from bawling.

"what were you doing yesterday, huh? with that girl again? i think she's a bad influence on you, tyler," she said, shaking her head and looking at him, but him not connecting their gaze.

"n-nothing, momma! i-it w-wasn't her f-fault!" tyler said, a single tear drop falling from his eyes.

"then why the fuck do you look like shit and have a god damn hickey on your neck?" she screamed.

"it w-was an accident, m-momma!"

she took a moment before squinting her eyes even more and looking at him like she was going to beat him, "you got drunk, didn't you?"

tyler tried to stand from the couch to look at her face to face, "momma-"

"no!" she screamed and pushed him back, causing him to fall back down on the couch and cry some more. "no fucking way, tyler robert joseph!"

"m-momma, p-p-please-"

"god fucking damn it, tyler! i swear to fucking god!" she said, starting to throw things to control herself from hurting tyler. because last time she almost had an officer come by.

-

she broke everything.

the lamp, the tv, the radio, she ripped the couch cushions, she spilled the water from the flower vase, she even managed to bring down the grandfather clock by ripping out the pendulum.

and she left tyler there, crying in the uncomfortable darkness that consumed him.