t w e n t y s i x

edited

"you guys fucking suck!" brendon yelled over the falls' loud eruption of water, trying to get his message to the top of the falls where everyone else was. brendon quickly swam out of the water to the side where there was a grassy area, where he rang out his white shirt that was now sticking to him and cleaning his glasses with his fingertips. he shook out his hair like a dog and pouted at them as they all laughed. "it's not funny!"

"you fell into the waterfall!"ashley laughed, "how is that not funny?"

"shut up!" brendon whined. he did fall into the bottom of the falls, but they also had agreed that one of them was going to jump into the lake and catch everything coming down so that it wouldn't get wet before everyone else jumped in.

with that fact in mind, melanie threw her walking stick at brendon, him catching it and using it himself because he didn't feel like putting it down. he watched as melanie jumped into the bottom, holding her nose and her legs like a child would. when she came up somehow her make-up didn't even look touched, but no one questioned anything as she say next to brendon and smiled.

ashley threw her guitar at them both, them catching each side because it was too big and too heavy for either of them to catch by themselves. ashley put her hair into a ponytail and pulled up her shorts before getting a running start and front flipping off the top, landing straight into the water. melanie and brendon clapped their hands at her in amusement.

tyler watched as joshua took off the back pack, then peeled his white t-shirt off showing his impressive upper half making tyler blush. josh knew what he was doing, and he was quite a cocky little shit. "hey tyler," he said, "jump with me."

"w-what?" tyler stuttered, pulling against his jacket's sweater paws.

"come on, it'll be fun," he said, unzipping tyler's jacket for him, making him blush harder.

underneath the jacket was a white tank top that was too loose and had low hanging sides, and of course it had to be white. before tyler could even protest, joshua threw his jacket out to ashley, who caught it as soon as it was next to her.

joshua took tyler's hand in his, looking him the eye. "ready?"

tyler hummed, and they both jumped at the same time. tyler couldn't help but smile wide at the feeling of falling, then instantly feeling colder and colder from the water's aura before falling into it. underneath, he could see josh looking back at him, smiling even though it made it harder to keep air. tyler smiled too before they both went to the surface.

"ten out of ten, best thing i've ever seen," brendon said in a fake british accent as they both got out of the water and tried to dry off, "i swear it should be on every telev-" josh flicked water at his face making his glasses dirty, and making joshua laugh.

"come on, come on," melanie said, carrying the back pack, and stuffing tyler's jacket into it to make one less thing to carry. "let's go, let's go!"

-

to tyler, there is no place more beautiful than behind the falls. they shimmered in the moonlight as you sat behind them, listening to the static, white noise of it hitting the other water fiercely. ashley had started a fire behind it, carefully putting weeds and dead plants over it to keep it running.

tyler sat next to it, enjoying the warmth, and also trying to get as dry as possible because of his white t-shirt's wetness. his shorts were basically dry, but still. and unfortunately for tyler, josh decided to keep his shirt off.

ashley played some strings on the guitar, beautifully making the scene feel even more peaceful.

and of course, melanie and brendon were spray painting the walls behind it, claiming it as theirs. melanie's knowledge of calligraphy made her signature look beautiful, while brendon just drew his 'symbol' and a b, drawing it as he had a marijuana stick hanging out his mouth.

"you were dancing in your tube socks, in our hotel room," ashley sang softly and carelessly, making up the lyrics as she strummed her guitar in a random pattern. "flashing those eyes, like highway signs. light one up and hand it over, rest your head upon my shoulder. just wanna feel your lips against my skin."

they all gathered around the fire like children, listening to ashley sing as if she were their mother. she sounded sweet enough to be.

"white sheets, bright lights, crooked teeth in the night life. you told me this is right where it begins," she sang, while josh put his arm around tyler, tyler not even noticing and listening to the sweet sound of ashley's voice. she rarely sang, so he savored these moments.

"but your lips hang heavy, underneath me. and i promised myself i wouldn't let you, complete me."

brendon lit the hanging joint silently, passing it around to the others, making the smoke fill the soft air and follow ofter the fire. "i'm trying not to let it show, that i don't want to let this go. is there somewhere you can meet me? 'cuz i clutched your arms, like stairway railings. and you clutched my brain, and eased my feeling."