s i x t e e n

edited

"tyler!" melanie yelled from across the school yard, dropping the books in her hands and stumbling to run to him with her backpack on.

tyler had obvious bruises from his father, who didn't care about the fact that officers could come by.

he tried covering it up with concealer, but they were too dark to cover up, so he took the entire thing off. so he wouldn't look like he was a wanna-be cover up.

he was walking slowly, with his head down and his hood on over it, covering the black eye that he tried to ignore but couldn't.

"t-tyler!" melanie yelled, starting to cry because of how obvious it was that he was hurting. when tyler looked up, melanie was only a few feet away, but she stopped all together and broke down right there.

he hadn't come to school in literally three days, with no texts, phone calls, or anything.

they thought he was dead.

melanie had told ashley about it, so he still has his job, but he would have to go today to keep it.

melanie had fallen down to her legs and started bawling into her hands when she saw him.

tyler's breath hitched and he walked to melanie as fast as he could bare.

he sat down, right in front of her, and he hugged her while she cried. they didn't need words.

she hugged him back, even though it hurt both of them. one physically, and one mentally.