f o u r

edited

"hey, tyler," ashley said, walking back into the store. he looked up from his comic book when she arrived, not getting off his stool and just waving at her.

it's not like tyler was stupid or anything, he knew exactly where she went and why. ashley's eyes always gave it away along with the stench that wrecked her clothes.

tyler didn't judge her though. high schoolers were supposed to have fun. he just knew that he was different.

"so," ashley said facing him as she sat on the stool behind the counter, "i'm gonna make it up to you."

tyler took a second before closing his comic and placing it on the counter. "o-okay."

"you obviously need friends," tyler rolled his eyes but smiled anyways because of embarrassment, "so i'm only letting you off if you go with my friend brendon to a football game."

tyler tensed a bit, and looked at her with desperate eyes. she knew he hated big places, knowing him for about a month now.

"come on, it won't be that bad," she said. she handed him the ticket and ruffled his hair before going into the back room.

"make up your mind and by the time i get out of this room! i expect you to be gone."

she paused for a moment because she didn't hear his chair move.

"josh's playing, you know."

and after about ten minutes, and her walking out, he was gone.