CH 10: I love the new him..

Start from the beginning

"I would love to be your 'new' assistant" I said smiling which made my teeth show.

"Okay, welcome aboard assistant." He said offering his hand for me to shake.

I took his hand in mine and we were shaking hands for what seemed like a few minutes.

"Okaay..."I said releasing his hand.

Awkward much...

"huhuum, yeah, I'll see you at work then."

I nodded and he continued walking towards the door.

"Oh by the way" Harris said, turning around once again.

"And don't be late or.."

"Or I will be fired, I know I know." I said finishing his sentence.

He smiled and turned back around and opened the door.

"Bye" He waved and I closed the door behind him.

God, that was.. euhm... interesting. I was glad he wasn't even mad for shouting at him, he took me back without me doing something to earn it. He changed or he just showed his heart for once.

I know he said people wouldn't dare to talk about us anymore, but he can't control the people that look at me. And I just know that tomorrow I will be treated as a monument. Everybody will stare at me, 'I'm the girl that got other people fired', anyway, I don't care..

Even though I got my job back, my brother was right, I changed.. In the past I wouldn't even be in the same room as a non-mahram, but now I slept in the same house as one. That can easily escalate to sleeping with someone in the same room. Astagfirullah! I will be more careful around Harris, I mean my boss, I'm doing my job and I will be coming straight back home after that.. No sleeping at someone else's houses anymore.

I stayed up until midnight waiting for my brother to come home, but he still hasn't returned. What if something happened? I will never forgive myself, it's my fault whilst he was totally right.. I need to..

As I was about to call him for the hundred time, he arrived home.

"Hey" I said, "Where were you? I was worried!"

"I was just visiting some friends, I'm sorry Aliah I shouldn't of said those things." He said giving me a hug.

Whilst I was hugging him he didn't smell like he always did. I could swear that I smelled a girl's perfume. It's probably nothing..

"It's fine Said. I got my job back and I will stay away from Harris.. promise!" I said.

"Okay good, anyway.. I'm going to bed" He said kissing my forehead and leaving to the guest room. It's actually his room, it just became the guest room when he left.

It was getting pretty late and I don't want to be late for my, I think, first day of work..

I brushed my teeth and went to bed, I made a quick dua for myself and my parents, like I always did before going to bed, and immediately fell asleep.

*The next morning*

The driver picked me up and we were on our way to work. I need to get my driver's license fast, I don't want someone to pick me up every morning.. I know it's his job, but as long as I don't got my driver's license I will always be picked up by either him or Harris and that would destroy my plan on staying away from him.

The other thing I didn't understand was that a handsome guy like Zain would open doors for everyone that enters the building.. I mean, doesn't he get tired standing up the whole day.

"Good morning miss Samuni" Zain said opening the door for me.

"You can call me Aliah, Zain.. You don't have to be polite and all." I smiled.

"Sure Aliah, I heard you had a rough day yesterday, if you ever want to talk or..."

"Thank you Zain, then I'll let you know." I replied.

Zain was really handsome.. He was tall, had short black hair, brown eyes and was muscularly build. And he's really kind and understanding. Everything I actually look for in a guy.

I shook that thought away, he is way out of my league.

I arrived at my desk and knocked on Harris's door before sitting down.

"Good morning sir, do you want me to bring you coffee, oh wait you don't drink coffee, tea?"

"Good morning Aliah, no I don't need anything. Just get to work." Harris responded.

I know that it sounded harsh, but he actually said it on a really soft tone.

I loved the new him..

Love? Noo, pfieeuw ofcourse not, I mean I like the new him... anyway let's get started.

~~~~

Weeeeh, we reached 20K reads!

Thank you so much!

I hope you enjoyed this new chapter!

Xxx

~Edited by R3Hijabi