Chapter 18

No, Dean is not jealous if anyone asks. He just doesn't like how Michael came back into Cas' and (y/n)'s life. Dean just wants to watch out for them. They're two important people in his life.

Michael had been here for about a week and (y/n) has been over Cas' place everyday, coming back home to Dean when it's late and they're both tired.

It's honestly not about not trusting a new guy around (y/n) because Cas is with her and they have history. She was so excited to be able to see Michael again. The first night of him being in town, she talked Dean's ear off telling him all the great times they had as children even though he was informed of that when they were at dinner.

So, now all Dean wants to do is get off work, go home, and snuggle up with (y/n) (he's not afraid to admit that he's a teddy bear). And that's another thing she doesn't ride with him to work anymore because when she gets off she goes straight to Cas' house.

He agreed to close up the shop, wanting to finish off a car he was working on. It gives him time to have a blank mind, to just focus on the task at hand and not wonder why Michael being here was eating him up.

Finally finishing, Dean closes up and heads home. When he arrives (y/n)'s and Cas' cars are parked outside of the house and the living room light is on. There's a ten out of ten chance that Michael is there, but the only way to find out is to go in.

Opening the front door three pairs of eyes lock onto him.

"Hey Babe." (Y/N) calls happily sitting on the couch between Cas and Michael with her head resting on her kneecaps.

"Hey (y/n), Cas, Mike." He takes off his jacket and hangs it up making his way to the back of the couch. Dean leans over the back of the couch behind her and kisses her forehead. "I'm gonna take a shower."

The "okay" he receives is a little delayed, but he doesn't dwell on it. He moves about minding his own business gathering the things he needs to take a shower. Dean scrubs all of the grease off of his skin and spends the rest of the time standing under the warm water. When he's finally ready to get out he dries his hair and wraps the towel around his waist.

Opening the drawers of his dresser he pulls out some pj's not knowing if Cas and Michael is still here because if they weren't he would just walk around the house with a towel on. While he puts on his clothes Dean can swear he smells hamburger meat cooking. (Y/N) walks into the bedroom.

"Dinner's ready." She walks out leaving the bedroom door open.

When Dean leaves out of the room (y/n) is sitting on the couch with a plate of spaghetti in her hands. Dean looks at the coffee table and sees his own plate waiting for him.

"Did you want somethin' to drink?" Dean asks pulling out a beer out of the fridge.

"Yeah, gimme a root beer."

With two different beers in hand he heads back and plops down on the couch.

"When did Cas and Mike leave?"

She's blankly staring at the TV screen spinning her fork around playing with her food rather than eating it. "Well, you were in the shower for about an hour. So I'd say an hour and ten minutes ago."

Dean takes in her neutral controlled tone and he has a feeling that statement has another meaning to it. Probably something along the lines of, "you would know if you were out here". But he doesn't say anything and just stuffs his face with sauce covered noddles and ground beef.

Finishing, Dean leans back splaying a hand over his stomach. "Thanks, that was really good."

"Yeah, no problem." (Y/N) takes the empty dishes into the kitchen.