Chapter 3

You actually decided to go for a run around the track today, so you got your things together and headed out. Over the past week you have been thinking about the text you received. No, you didn't change your number. You didn't see the need to change it anymore because it occurred to you that no matter how many times you change it he would always find a way to discover the new one. You were taking this way better than you thought you would it's probably because you were in a better head space than before.

Ever since the mall you and Dean have texted each other almost everyday. The two of you would just text random things to each other during the day. Dean would mostly text you from work telling you how some of the customers should just ride a bike if they couldn't take care of their cars properly.

As you were winding down with stretches a shadow loomed over you. Ugh, what is it? I'm sweaty and sticky. And really just need a shower right now.

You removed your earbuds as you looked up at the person in front of you. Oh my chuck. "Jake?"

He gave you a big bright smile. "So you do remember me I was afraid you wouldn't."

The last time you saw Jake was high school. He always flirted with you, but you never flirted back because you were with Gordon. Jake was also one of Gordon's jock friends, but unlike the rest he wasn't a dick. If there was one thing in high school you wished would have happened it would have been the chance to have met Jake first.

Jake put out his hand to help you up. You wiped your sweaty palms on your leggings once you were on your feet.

"Are you visiting someone here?" You say picking up your backpack.

"I'm here with a friend for a while. Said they had to see someone and asked if I wanted to come along."

"Oh."

"You look great." Jake says walking beside you.

You clear your throat and mutter a "thanks".

The two of you sit down and talk for a while, discussing what the both of you have done over the years. He tells you he joined the national guard right after high school, but got out of it once his contract was up. He said it just wasn't for him. And he's still the sweet guy that you once knew. When you were about to say something else your phone rung. You give Jake an apologetic smile and answered.

"Hello."

"How's it goin' sweetheart?"

"It's goin' good. I ran into an old classmate today." You say giving Jake a small smile. "What about you?"

"Um," Dean let's out a chuckle, "I've been hangin' out with Cas today and we have a little problem."

 You start to laugh. You're all to familiar with Cas and his little problems. "What's happened this time, boo?" You chuckle out.

"Well, you know those little washer things..."

You let out a sigh, "he stuck one on his finger didn't he?"

"He was trying to prove to me it could be used as a ring. He got it on, but when he tried to pull it off, it was a no go. We've tried everything and nothing worked. And he's also starting to panic."

"Y'all are at his house right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, what I want you to do is go into his kitchen and there should be some string in the drawer by the sink." There's shuffling on the phone and a happy noise from Dean. "Now go to the bathroom and get the tweezers out of the drawer." Another noise of victory. "Go back to Cas and put me on speaker, boo."

"Okay, you're on."

"BB, what were you thinking, babe?"

"I was trying to prove Dean wrong, but it didn't go as planned." Cas gasps and shouts, "DEAN MY FINGER IS TURNING BLUE!"

"De, what I want you to do is wedge the string under it using the tweezers." Cas starts to yell at Dean. "Castiel James Novak, don't you yell at him, you shouldn't have done it in the first place." You can imagine Cas with his mouth shut glaring at Dean.

"Okay, it's under it."

"Now wrap the string around the top part of his finger. Wrap it tight."

"Okay."

"Take the piece that you placed under the washer and start unraveling it from there."

There's a muffled shout from Cas, he's so dramatic, and then the noise of something hitting the floor.

"Yes, I won't loose my finger! I love you so much!" Cas shouted into the phone with Dean laughing in the background.

"Yeah yeah, I love you too. Now let me get off the phone, boo." You chuckle.

"Why?" Cas whined.

"Because I was talking to someone when Dean called me." You look out of the corner of your eye to see Jake texting someone.

"Who are you talking to?"

"Some guy named Jake." Dean told Cas much closer to the phone than before.

"Oh, the guy I told you to dump Gordon for?" 

You clear you throat, "yeah, BB."

"Okay, I guess I can hang up. Love you, bye." Cas says.

"Talk to ya later, sweetheart." Dean says into the phone.

"Love you both. Bye, babes." You finally hang up the phone with a amused huff.

"Do you have kids?" Jake asks with the same smile from earlier.

You give him an amused smile. "No, I don't have any kids, but dealing with them I wouldn't be a bad mom."

Jake laughs and scoots closer to you. You should really get home your body is starting to feel grimy and just all around, no. Take a shower, make yourself some dinner, and just go to bed. You turn to tell Jake this and find him staring at you intensely. You push yourself off the bench when you start to feel his hand sliding up your thigh. You power walk with a 'bye' thrown behind you as you rush off towards your car.

What the hell was that? It seems like you just can't catch a break. Is it just a coincidence the two of you bumped into each other? Your starting to think it wasn't. Rewinding the start of y'all conversation he did say he came down with a friend. It would be just your luck if that friend is Gordon.

Little did you know, Jake watches as you drive out of the parking lot talking to his friend on the phone.

A/N 

So, last night episode though. Don't worry I'm not gonna give any spoilers but it's just, is anybody else confused like I am?