"D-Derek what are you doing?" I heard my self-mumble. Derek just smiled and continued his adventure, south of the border to where my mouth was located. My heart beat started accelerating to a high speed that I thought I would drop dead from heart attack any time soon. 

              "Breath Em, I don't I want you dead," The bastard joked; I can't believe he is playing me like this. Right when I was about to speak, Derek's lips covered mine in a slow passionate kiss. I froze for a moment and I could have sworn my heart beat stopped for a minute. Both my voice and breath decided to take a vacation there and my hand fell limp at my side. Without noticing I started to respond to Derek's kiss, and that's when I noticed that he was now moving towards me even further and I was terrified. 

        "What are you looking for in my sisters mouth?" I voice echoed, I instantly pushed Derek away and got off the couch. What the hell did I just do? 

"Xavier?" 

         "Why are you awake?" I demanded a little louder than I intended to be. I was thankful my voice decided to canceled the little vacation and return to me in time to save me. Derek sat frozen on the couch with his lips a little ajar and begging to be kissed again. I averted my eyes from his lips just in time to see my brother, starring daggers at Derek. What the hell? This kid is only four, and the last time I checked I was the older sibling and not him.  

                    "I was a little thirsty, and I came to get water but, then I saw him eating you, so I came in here to stop him," he mumbled quietly. Derek burst in to a fit of laughter, falling off the couch. I shot him my best death glare which caused him to freeze in place.

Xavier took that time to storm towards Derek pointing an accusative finger at him.

               “I hate you, what were you doing to Em? She is really nice and you were biting her or.......what was he doing Em?” he demanded sounding more like my father rather than a four year old little boy. I cracked a small smile and wiped if off before any of them saw it and turned to my brother to hug him. This kid is four and he is protective of me, and the thought of my four year old brother caring that much and storming in here to save me brought tears to my eyes.

             “Come here sweetheart it's okay he was not hurting me, and I'm so proud of you Xavier.” hugging him tightly to my chest I started picking him up in my arms and proceeded towards his bedroom.

               “And you, stay here until I get back, we need to have a little chat.” I winked before walking away. What the hell/ since when do I flirt with guys not to mention make-out with one? God life is complicated.

                  “Em, are you going to sleep here too?” Xavier asked his eyes glittering with hope. I looked down at him and smiled. I didn't want to crush his little dreams so why not.

              “I though after all this years you'd get tired of sharing rooms with me,” I joked kissing his little nose sweetly. His response was a little babyish giggle which caused me to giggle even more.

Xavier fell asleep while examining my hand in his tiny little one. I just smiled the entire time that it until I heard his little snore.

       “You're back,so what are we doing?” Derek asked raising his eye brows. I just rolled my eyes and started walking towards him.

     “Look Derek, you are really sweet and all, but I ha-.” and that was as far as I got before I was cut off by Derek's angry voice.

“Ya yeah I've heard it before, you don't need to say anything, or any more.”

“Derek it's just tha-” again with the interruption.

      “Yeah, it's just that there is another guy right. You know what your problem is em? You don't trust people because you think everyone is the same. You were let down and you think that it is going to happen again,” he began scooting closer to me. I winced from his words because mostly they were true. Heck they were all true. it hurt that he could read me that good.

“Derek it is not you, it is m-.”

“Yeah, I know what your going to say,” he said cutting me off.

      “Would you please shut up and let me finish my sentence's?” I demanded angrily. Derek stared back at me shocked and surprised at the same time.

      “Derek I like you. Really, I really like you, but my brother is my main priority and if I start to date things will get complicated, and I don't have anymore space for complicated. I'm really sorry that I led you on but I can't do this Derek, you and I cant be anything more than just friends, please you have to under stand.” I poured my heart out the best way that I can. He just stared at me before standing up with a pissed scowl on his handsome face.

   “I thought you were better than the other girls Em, but you are just like all of them.”

     “Derek I'm different, I just don't have any space on my schedule for us, and I don't want to lead you on, and hurt you,” I finished. He looked at me for a long time before breaking the silence.

“Make space than,” he spat, taking a hold on my arm, but not tight enough to hurt me.

“I can't Derek, that will be a distraction,” I admitted looking him dead in the eye.

“A distraction/ from what Em?”

   “I cant tell you that.”

   “Why the hell not” he demanded angrily.

    “Because I just cant. can you please just respect that and leave it alone?” I demanded getting a little angry.

       “Why is it so bad that I'm fighting for you?” he confessed. I couldn't form anymore words. Derek really did care for me, but I have a brother that I have to protect from the law, they want to take Xavier away and I'm the only family member that he know and has. I cant risk that. nothing is more important to me than him. I will make the rest of my life miserable, just to keep him happy.

       “Derek, I like you I really do,” I began and his eyes became hopeful when I said that, making it all that harder.

“But?”

      “But it would be really selfish of me to pick you, and please I cant tell you so don't ask,” I said with tears rolling down my cheeks, I didn't want to hurt him, I really didn't I like him a lot, but picking him would mean losing Xavier and I was not ready for that.

You know what Em, there is nothing more I can say that will make you give me a chance, so I will just leave, but I'm not giving up I will wait the rest of my life if I have to,” Derek, said just before walking out the door leaving me standing there with tears streaming down my face. I didn't know what this meant, do we have to leave again, does this mean our time here is over.

     “Em, please don't cry, I don't like it when you cry.” a sweet and soft voice coed from behind, making me turn around, just in time to see my little brother standing there, holding my blanket in his tiny little hands.

    “Did Derek leave, because of what I said to him?” he asked looking guilty.

    “No honey he left because he has some thing to take care of,” I informed.

    “Did he hurt you?” he asked once again sounding like a big brother rather than younger. I just rolled my tear full eyes and scooped him up into my arms before answering his question with a simple 'No' and carried him off to bed, where I cried myself to sleep with my baby brother in my arms.

*****************************************************************************************************************

  THIS BOOK IS DEDICATED TO A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. KARINA YOU ROCK AND YOUR A VERY SWEET FRIEND SO THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT, AND WELL EVERY THING. OH, AND SHE IS REALLY FUNNY, SO GO CHECK OUT HER BOOK  

http://www.wattpad.com/user/kari_kinis 

AND DONT FORGETT TO VOTE, COMMENT AND FAN. AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF EM AND DEREKS REALASHINSHIP. SHOULD THEY HOOK UP? SHOULD SHE GIVE HIM A CHANCE? SHOULD SHE OPEN UP TO SOMEONE? TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.