Chapter 37 (goodbye )

Beth P.O.V

At the sound of mom entering the room I turned “you took a long time” I said to her then I faced my sleeping dad.

“here drink this, careful it is hot” she said ignoring my statement.

“dad fell sleep few minute ago” I said then I turned to look at her, something was odd “so whose those people you said you knew that would protect us” I asked.

“people your father worked with and would certainly protect us better than those people you knew” she said in spiteful way.

“those people recued me, you and dad, so don’t talk this way about them” I said annoyed.

“as you say, that guy is waiting for you outside to take you for examination” she said then she pulled a chair near dad and sat.

“ok, I’ll take my leave now, take care of Dad until I come” I said smiling at her.

“yeah sure, as soon as you finish come here, the people I talked to you about will be here soon” she said then turned to hold dad’s hand, I smiled at them, ‘I always loved how dad and mom loved each other and dreamed someday I’ll have the same relationship, and this would be with Liam’ I thought as I closed the door slowly so it wouldn’t make noise.

I turned to be surprised by Liam standing in front of me, I hugged him then stepped on my tiptoe to kiss his cheek “ I missed you” I said cheerfully.

He grabbed my arms around his neck and unhooked them then he placed them beside me “me too, you have checkups to do” he half smiled then walked in front of me, there was something odd about him, he wasn’t Liam that I came with, but maybe he is worried about the result of the checkups and that I would die of this brain tumor.

After two hours of examination we sat there outside the doctor office waiting for the result “shouldn’t you head to your mother?” he said.

I looked at him and smiled “I want to stay with you a bit longer” I said cheerfully expecting him to smile or hug me but he wasn’t happy he looked like he is in pain and sad “what’s wrong, did something happen back there with your friend?” I asked anxious and Kyle face jumped to my mind, I was worried for him after he said he will go after Alic alone.

“no, they are fine” he said and gave me a fake smile, there is something weird. He grabbed my hand gently and kept his gaze at my hand “I am sure everything will turn fine to you too” his lips turned to a straight line, then he looked at me.

“yeah I know, everything will be fine” I said agreeing with him, because I didn’t want him to keep talking knowing that he is going to say something that will upset me, I knew this look in his eyes, the look of someone saying his goodbyes.

“Beth” he said and I cut him.

“let’s wait for the result and say what you have later” I said then I looked away trying to pull my hand, but he kept a firm hold of it.

“Beth look at me” he said grabbing my chin and bringing my attention to him “you know this day would come and I don’t want to give you fake hops about us” he said coldly, I looked at him and my tears starting to gather and blur my vision.

“why are you saying that?” I said then held his face between my palms “we love each other, don’t we?” I said begging him with my eyes to not leave me.

“I am sorry if you understood my care for you as a love, you were just like a sister” he said, I was shocked by his cruel words, how dare he after kissing me and every moment… I wasn’t thinking straight I slapped him as hard as I could that I felt my hand would crack out of the impact.

He turned to look at me with expressionless face  “how could you? Don’t do this please, at least until I die” I said and it looked like it hit a nerve cause he looked sad but he erased that expression.

“your parents would be at your side, no need for me” he said and he was about to stand and leave so I held his hand and he looked at me to let go.

“if you left me now there is no way will be together ever again” I said firmly.

“if that what you want I’ll make sure you don’t see my face ever again” he said then I let my hand slip to support my dead weight.

He walked away not turning, my whole body shook violently and the tears streamed down my face, this was the worst pain ever to experience, my body was burning out of sadness and anger, I’ve been dumped even before I had the chance to declare him a boyfriend.

I held tight to the chair desperately trying to support myself from falling and breaking into sobs and tears and thanks to the doctor who came out I managed to help myself for a bit.

“can you come in for your result?” he said as he noticed my state.

“yes” I said then pulled myself on my feet and got in with him.

Once he sat in his place he pushed couple of papers in front of me and said in a thick accent “I’ll keep it short, your brain is perfectly fine and healthy and have no traces of tumor, here is the result of all the check-ups” he smiled at me.

I was shocked and happy and it healed some of the pain Liam caused to me, how is that possible? I clearly had a tumor, is it because of what alic injected me with ? I had so many question but I didn’t want to have a headache from thinking about it so I ignore it.

I took the file and got out, Liam was out of sight, I wanted so bad to tell him I am fine, I shook him out of my thought ‘I am not a kid I will not cry for someone who doesn’t want me, I’ll be fine on my own’ I thought as I blocked my feelings, saying that was easy but doing it would be really hard.

the next chap would be the final one, hope you enjoyed the story there would be a following story thats about beth.