Chapter 31 (in his arm )

Aiden gave Beth an injection and he started to revive her heart to bring her back, Nate came and pulled me out of his way, William couldn’t handle what happened so he got out with Jeremiah, me and Kyle stayed watching anxiously.

‘come on Beth don’t give up’ I said to myself as I watched Aiden work his best to bring her around.

It was the most exhausted longest 2 minute in my life, but the sound of her heart slow beating was worth every second, relief washed over me, I felt the tears wanting to spread across my face but I held them, I came back to her side and held her hand “she probably wouldn’t wake now go and rest Liam” Aiden said as he packed his kits.

“you go and rest, I am fine thanks Aiden” I said to him.

“is she going to be ok now?” I heard Kyle ask Aiden.

“her condition is critical, she needs a hospital, I am not sure what alic gave her” Aiden replied.

“we can’t go to a hospital where alic can find us easily” Kyle said opposing.

“now you realize that alic is a bad guy” I said sarcastically looking at him angry.

“stop it, it’s really not the time for this” Aiden said angry, then he turned to Kyle “you come with me” he said and went out, Kyle looked at Beth then left after Aiden.

I turned to Beth and I cleaned her face with a wet towel I viewed her face I wondered if her peaceful look really means she is in no pain, I held her cold hand it was really cold, I pushed her little bit to the side and slid beside her under the covers, I hugged her tightly to my body until I felt her heart beats against my chest, it was a reassuring beats of her being alive, I held her protectively I didn’t care if anyone entering especially Kyle, I just want Beth to know that I am here with her and I hope that would make her pain bearable.

one hour later

I felt couple of strokes on my hair, I didn’t know when did I drifted to sleep, I opened my eyes to meet Beth’s tired eyes, she blushed then smiled and placed her hand under the covers again, my face brightened at her smile so I held her hand and kissed it softly, she looked away shy so I brought her face back and kissed her softly on her lips then I hugged her to my chest.

“thanks for saving me” she said.

“no you should not thank me, you should argue why I came late” I said as I looked at her again, I was trying to cheer her but she looked sad “what’s wrong, did I say something..”

she cut me “no, it’s just that we took this trip for nothing I just brought trouble and the tumor is still there” her voice cracked.

“it’s not for nothing, we saved your parents and destroyed alic institution, and saved couple of peoples who were locked there” I said encouraging her.

“if that’s the case then I would not feel sad” she said smiling “especially since I am between your arm, I feel safe” she said cheerfully.

“ok so I can’t go anywhere then, I have to make you feel safe” I said tightening my grip around her waist, and she giggled and snuggled on my chest.

She suddenly got up and held her head, she looked in Sever pain so I held her shoulder supporting her as she almost fell off the bed, then her nose started bleeding I took the tissue box and placed in my lap and gave her couple of sheets to wipe her nose.

“that’s it you will go to the hospital, I can’t lose you again” I said to her, she looked confused “your heart stopped once and I will not let that happen again” I said leaving the bed to bring her bag.

I grabbed a jeans and shirt and placed it on the bed “let’s get you in the shower” I said as I went to the bathroom and opened the hot water and let it fill the tub.

Beth P.O.V

I was still wiping my nose when he came to me and carried me, I was shocked “I have legs you know” I said looking at him.

“I know but let me for once take care of you” he said looking at my red face, he walked to the bathroom and placed me on the tub edge.

“I can carry on from here” I said.

“no you can’t, what if something happened to you” he said arguing.

“you want me to shower in front of you!” i said nervous.

“it wouldn’t be a bad sight right?!”he said teasing me.

“stop joking” I said embarrassed.

“Actually someone else would help you, Ashley come in” he shouted.

“who is she?” I asked eyeing this pretty girl.

“she is one of the peoples we rescued, and she is my ex-girlfriend who I thought was dead” he said with an ambiguous look, ‘OMG his girlfriend is still alive!!!’ I was shocked.