Thanksgiving Shopping - Castiel x Reader

En başından başla

Cas coughs.

"I sense awkwardness."

You look away from him quickly.

"Right, sorry. Let's go."

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

You enter the store and grab a cart, Cas trailing behind you. The first thing you grab is the pie, something that has become routine almost every time you step into the store since you met Dean. He watches as you do basic shopping like grabbing some milk and other things. Then you move on to things you will need for the Thanksgiving meal you are planning. You keep up a steady stream of chatter the whole time. Cas doesn't say much, but that's ok. Sometimes all you need is someone to listen.

"- so then I said 'Do you need that stick removed from your ass, because there's a hospital not far from here.'"

You laugh loudly and then look up at Cas to see a confused look on his face, something you see all the time but will never get tired of.

"You alright, Cas?"

"Why are you buying such large quantities of food?"

"For Thanksgiving!"

You plop a turkey into your cart and move on from food to decor.

"Every year, families all over buy a bunch of food and stuff. Then they have a big feast and say what they are thankful for. It's a time for thankfulness and family and stuff. Usually there is football involved as well."

You smile at Cas and grab a few things before moving to the cash register. 

"Does it involve any..."

"Any what, Cas?"

You put the bags in the trunk and sit at the wheel.

"Is it like Valentine's Day? Is there lots of romance?"

A light blush dusts your cheeks.

"No, not usually. Thanksgiving is mostly for family."

"Oh."

He looks out the window, slightly... Disappointed?

"Why Cas? Is there someone you were thinking of?"

The engine turns over. He looks slightly uncomfortable and at a loss for words.

"No."

He stares out the window for a moment, watching as clouds drift by.

"Actually yes."

He turns to look at you. His intense gaze puts you off a little and you pull over at a gas station so you don't get distracted and crash.

You brace yourself, ready for him to tell you about some girl he's had his eye on, or, hell, even to say he's fallen in love with Dean. But instead he grabs your hand and looks directly into your eyes.

"It's you. I... Didn't know what it was at first. I started feeling strange around you.  That period of time when I would leave when you were around... I didn't know what was happening so I wanted to stay away until I could figure it out. Dean said it was... Love."

That would've been the perfect moment to gasp in shock. Your heart is practically beating out of your chest.

"I wasn't going to say anything because I figured you wouldn't feel the same."

"Are you kidding me Cas? You have no idea how happy I am to hear that."

You reach across the seat and press your lips against his. At first he doesn't move from surprise, but after a second he reciprocates and kisses back.

You pull away.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

He pulls you back and you sit there for a minute, kissing. (Geez, I'm going back and reading this and it's so cringe 😁)

A loud honk startles you.

"Get a room!" A man shouts from outside the window. Your face heats up and you start the car back up. The blush doesn't leave your face until you are almost halfway back to Bobby's.

"I am sorry."

"No! No, it's fine, I mean, yeah. It's... Fine. I..."

You take a deep breath and pull into Bobby's driveway.

"I really like you Cas. A lot."

"Oh. Then I didn't do anything wrong?"

"No, definitely not," you chuckle.

"Do you want to... Go on a date?"

"That would be really nice."

You look at each other but a knock on the window startles you.

"Did you get my pie?"

Alright so sometimes as I am writing these I go back to read through them and omg this really is pretty horrible. Idk, I'm just lacking inspiration right now. My dog is most likely getting put down. I just had my own personal little sob fest and it's shark week (no, not like the TV shows). I'm just feeling kinda down. I'll try harder with my next one though, promise.