Battle Scars

This is a special chapter, just to warm you a little.
note: all aboard the feels train! And don't play the song untill I say so!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

3 weeks later

Sabine was still in a coma. Tom didn't leave her side for more then a minute. Marinette had to sleep at Alya's place, since there was no one to run the bakery or to let her in. She was very worried about her mom. The doctors never mentioned the possibility of her not waking up, but she knew it was there. Now, she wished more then ever that Tikki would come back, so she could use her lucky charm and help her mom. But alas, she couldn't put Tikki in danger either.

Adrien didn't want to leave Mariette's side. After everything was payed, even with the many objections that Tom stated about the payment, he decided to be there for them. Everyday for the past three weeks, he has been picking her up with his car ( he has a driver's license), and taking her to the hospital. He would go out and bring back take-out, or coffee to Marinette and Tom. Then, in the evening, he would take her back, or occasionally take Mr.Dupain back for a shower. He knew he must be there for them. It was like that, untill September 1st...

morning, 8 am.

Tom was sleeping by Sabine's bed, with a light snore. They were alone in the room, with Adrien and Marinette waiting in the hallway. The sun shined through the clouds, and illuminated Sabine's face. Her nose scrunched up, and she started to stir. Tom's head shot up, and he opened his eyes to see a pair of others slowly open.

"Sabine?" Tom cautiosly asked, because he had this dream many times before.

" Tom? What's wrong? Why am I here?" She was confused.

" Oh Sabine, you're back." He said with tears in his eyes. He knew this isn't a dream, because she never answered before. He hugged her, and then kissed her. After they split, she looked into his eyes, slightly confused.

"Is everything ok? What happened?" She asked. Tom looked down, clearly sad.

" You were hit by a drunk driver, which caused you to be in a coma for three weeks." A tears streamed down his face.

"But I am ok now, right? I am awake, and I do not feel in anyway different. And, where is Marinette?"

"Oh right, I will call her. Marinette! Come quickly!" Tom yelled. A pair of rushing footsteps came running towards the door, untill the door opened to reveal a worrying Marinette and tired Adrien.

" Papa, whats-" Marinette looked towards them, eyes widened, and mouth agape. That mouth was soon curved in a wide smile, and as her eyes filled with tears, she jumped forward and hugged her mom tightly, like she will dissapear if she let her go.

" MAMAN! YOU ARE AWAKE, I WAS SO WORRIED!!! Mommy, I was so worried, please don't leave like that ever again." Marinette started sobbing on her shirt.

" Mari, mommy is here now, there is nothing to worry about anymore, my petite fairy." Sabine whispered to Marinette, even though everyone in the room heard her. Adrien let a tear slide down his face. This family is everything he ever wanted. Sabine saw this, and she spread her arms for him, and said:

" Adrien, thank you for being there when I could not be. I know you don't have many people in this world who show love to you, but we do love you. Now, come here." She spread her arms wider, giving more space to him. Tom gave a look of approval, while Marinette smiled widely and nodded. He smiled and hugged them. While they were in their group hug, someone was taking pictures through the window on the door. Nathalie was sent to keep an eye out for Adrien, and when she saw them hugging, she snapped a photo. She smiled sadly and sent the photo to mr. Agreste.