part 6- The Picnic

Hi everyone! Ocean Fury here, and I just wanted to warn you, this has more then 2000 words, so if you  don't like long texts, skip this chapter! But I do recommend you atleast read the text after the last italic letters, atleast.

It was a beautiful Thrusday morning. Marinette was just finishing the sun dress she was making. She missed Tikki so much. She is gone since forever! But, thankfuly, she still has Alya here. Speaking of Alya, where is she? Marinette turned just for a second, and... OH NO! ITS 11 ALREADY?! Marinette rushed to get ready, when she received a text from Alya
Mari, you are probably done with your dress now, and you figured I'm gone. But don't worry Gurl, I'll call you when I'm gonna be near, no rushes. And.Wear.The.DRESS.
Phew, Marinette sighed. Now she can go take a shower, wash her hair, and finish the matching hat.

*with Alya*
Alya has just sent a message to Mari. But why was Alya pacing around madly? Oh, yeah, the mailman wasn't here yet. Alya groaned:
"ARGH!  Where is that mailman! Its 11 already and he was supposed to be here at 10,55!"
The mailman came walking down the street, and before he knew it, a teenage girl was inches from his face, getting ready to kill him:
"GIVE.ME.THE.LETTER!"
"H-here you go." He gave her the spotted letter.
"Thank you." Alya said, still pissed.
"Geesh lady, what is so special about that letter? Its just a piece of paper."
Alya stopped, turned her head slowly, and growled, almost like a demon:
" Don't mess. With my... SHIP!"
The mailman bolted out of there as fast as he could, mumbling to himself:
" Damn, those crazy fangirls."
Alya just snickered, and went inside:
"Ok, lets see if they approve."
Dear Alya,
Of course we approve! This is a great idea! And the camping trip, wow. This is great! Keep us updated, and LET THE SHIP SAIL!!! Sorry, Plagg took the pen. But yeah, thanks for the help!
With love,
Tikki♡ & Plagg☆
"Hahahah! Plagg, truer words haven't been spoken. But anyway, time for the plan to commence!" Alya said victoriously.
"Alya, dear, come on, we have to go!Its my only day off, so please can we hurry, I still have to rest!" Alya's mom shouted.
"Ok, mom. Coming!" Alya packed everything she needed, and headed towards the van.
Hm, where should their wedding be?
Alya was thinking while sitting in the front seat, with her stuff in her lap.
"So, who do we pick up first?" Alya's mom asked.
"Nino and Adrien! We take them to the site, then come back for Marinette.
"How so?"
"Well, she needs a little bit more time to get ready. Plus, its a suprise." Alya winked.
"Ooh I get it. Nice work, Alya. Its about time." Her mom winked back.
"Lets go, mom!"
"Ok. Buckle up!"

*With Marinette*
Marinette washed herself, put her violet sundress with a violet hat on. And to top it off, she matched it with a pair of white flats. She had her purse by her side, and she was ready to go! But why did Alya want this? She just came out of the blue this morning and told Marinette to get ready, because they are going somewhere this afternoon. She would think it has something to do with Ladybug or Adrien, but Ladybug is gone, and she said that it will be just us. Oh, Alya. What are you up to? A few minutes later, a very modern gray van stops in front of the bakery.
"Marinette! Alya's here to pick you up!"
"Ok mom!"
"Don't forget the cupcakes!"
"Oh yeah! Thanks, mom." She told her mom, and gave her a peck on the cheek. She closed the door and entered the van.
"Hey Alya!"
"Hey Gurl! How are you?" Alya screamed as she hugged her friend.
"I'm good. So, whats the suprise?"  Marinette asked curiously.
"Now, if I said it, it wouldn't be a suprise, would it?" Alya winked devilishly.
"Alya, you said its gonna be just us, didn't you?" Marinette frowned.
"Yeah its gonna be just us, Gurl. What do you think I'm a liar?" Alya fake pouted.
"hahah, okay, I don't think you are a liar." Marinette giggled.
"You better think that." Alya mumbled.

*20 minutes later*
They arrived at a field. There were some benches and tables, trash bins, places for campfires, barbecues, portable toilets, a pond and  monkey bars. Everything was near a forest, and there was a sign:
welcome to summer paradise picnic site.
Please do not litter.
"A day at a picnic site! What do you say?"Alya said excitedly.
"Alya, this is amazing! You have the best ideas!" Marinette squealed.
Suddenly, two laughing voices could be heard from the forest. Marinette froze. She knew that laugh anywhere. Two guys appeared on its edge, one with a cool hat and glasses, and the other, a white jacket. One had chocolate brown eyes, the other emerald green. One had short black hair, the other golden locks. Yep, you guessed it, they are Nino and Adrien. When they saw the girls, they waved and jogged to them. Marinette wanted to faint. Alya definetly does NOT have the best ideas. She is going to kill her.
" Hey girls! A beautiful day isn't it?" Adrien said cheerfuly.
"Yeah, Alya this is one of the best ideas you've had in a while!" Nino said, with a smile.
Alya glared at him for a sec, but then said:
"Thanks guys! My mom said she will pick us up at 10 pm, so we have 10 hours of fun!" Alya said excitedly. Marinette was still frozen solid, so Adrien asked:
"Is Marinette ok? She seems scared." Which made him a little bit sad. Alya looked at Marinette, mentaly facepalmed, and then said:
"Oh, Mari? She is so excited she froze. What can I say, these older models freeze often." Alya knocked on her head.
"Hey Alya that wasn't nice!" Marinette said but then freezed again. "Ah, you guys take out the stuff I brought from the van and I'll unfreeze her for good." Alya facepalmed for real now.
" Hahahaha ok, sure Mr.Bosswoman." Said Nino. Alya just winked and dragged Marinette behind the toilets.
"Mari, snap out of it!" She clapped her hands.
"Alya, you said it will be just US!"
" Yeah, just US."
" Wait, what do you mean when you say 'us'?"
"Why, you, me, Nino and Adrien of course."
" Alyaaa! I meant just the TWO of us!"
"Now, how would that be fun? You and I would just lay around. Now we can have fun. The more the merrier!"
"Ughhhh."
"Can you atleast try to have fun, for me pwease?" She batted her eyelashes.
"Ah, fine."
" And no more freezing! I want you to relax!"
" Fine, but then you can't French kiss Nino in front of me!"
"OK, fine, but just so you know, when you will be with Adrien, you can't do the same in front of me!" Alya exclaimed.
" Alya!!! Quit it, they are waiting for us!" Marinette blushed a thousand shades of red. Alya just snickered, while Marinette dragged her this time.
" Ok, I promise I wont freeze anymore! Hi Adrien, hi Nino!" Marinette squealed.
" Hi Mari!" They said in unison.
" Hey, did you notice her dress?" Alya asked. And right on cue, the wind started blowing.
" Wow, really nice, Mari, I like it." Nino said. Adrien just stared at her with wide eyes. She let her hair down, so it flowed in the wind too. Her eyes sparkled, and her cheeks were red. She was so beautiful. Adrien resisted the temptation of taking her hand and kissing it.
"Y-yeah, Mari, its beautiful." Adrien stuttered. Marinette blushed deep and said: "T-thanks guys."
Alya had enough of awkward moments, so she interrupted:
"Ok, guys! We can't sit here all day! Let's set up everything! We have the barbecue, then the blankets, the music..." Alya started counting on her fingers, but she was grabbed by Nino by her waist, and held close:
"Wow, slow down reporter. We have the whole day ahead of us, you can chill."
Then, Nino kissed her with passion.
"Ehm." Marinette coughed. They split, and Alya said:
" What, you said I can't kiss him, not the other way around."
" Oh, you sleezy little fox." Marinette said.
"Hahahahahahah! Marinette, your reaction is great!" Adrien laughed. Marinette giggled with him, while Alya and Nino went to prepare everything.
"So, do you get the plan?" Alya whispered.
" Yeah, I try to get Adrien interested in Marinette, then we leave and make out on the end of the field, where you have an extra blanket." Nino wiggled his eyebrows
" Oh, my little DJ, the later part is only if you suceed, and who knows, maybe we can continue from the library." Alya said seductivley.
" I'm on it!" Nino saluted like soldier and went off to work.
" Hehe, always works." (oh Alya, how much I adore you)
After a couple of minutes, the fun started. First, they were walking through the woods. Then, the guys had to show of on the monkey bars, where of course, Nino failed miserably. Marinette was praising Adrien, so it started to work. He saw glints of a smirk on Adrien's face, so it was worth it. Then, lunch was in order. Marinette prepared the veggies and the cupcakes, while Alya prepared the buns and cooled the beer ( if I haven't mentioned, they are 18, so...), while Nino took care of the meat. Adrien set up the table, and soon, they were having lunch. They were chatting about nothing in particular, but Alya or Nino would still say something to turn the attention to Marinette. Adrien started to steal glances at Marinette, and she looked more and more interesting every minute. Just like his Lady. They went to the pond, where Marinette tripped and sent her and Alya flying into the water. The guys laughed uncontrolably, while the girls started splashing water on them. They soon started a splashing war, which had to end soon, since the ranger warned them to get out of the water. Alya and Marinette changed into shorts and sleevless T-shirts, while the guys just took off their T-shirts.
While the T-shirts dryed, they were drinking beer and dancing.
*A couple of hours later*
The day went on, and before you know it, it was 8 o'clock. They were lying down, Alya and Nino somewhere on the side, doing something they 'forgot to finish.' Marinette was lying alone in the grass, the warm breeze flowing through her hair. The stars were so pretty tonight, and it reminded her of kitty. She sighed, but kept a smile. Today was way better then she thought it will be. She was rethinking all of the events of the day, remembering how she fell into the pond, how the white butterflies she saw were all around them in the forest, or how Adrien and Nino wanted to be brave and put extra hot sauce  into their burgers, but ended running around the place with their mouths wide open. She never noticed Adrien lying down a few feet away from her.
" It's a beautiful view, isn't it?"
" Aah! Adrien, you scared me!" Marinette jumped.
" Hehe, sorry, didn't mean to." Adrien snickered.
" It's okay." Marinette said as she came closer to him and lyed down. After a long silence, she spoke:
"Yeah, it is."
"What?"
"The view. You can see Paris from here. And the stars make it better."
"Yeah, I agree. I did the same thing I'm doing now a while back."
"Really? I did too."
" Wow, that's amazing. I love stargazing."
"Me too! I do it whenever I get the chance."
"...Do you do it alone?"
"Well, usually I do, but I was with a friend last time I did it." Marinette smiled at the memory.
"Mhm." Said Adrien as he slowly closed his eyes. Marinette slowly turned her head towards him, and smiled. But suddenly, he started whispering:
"Its just another night, and I'm staring at the moon, saw a shooting star and thought of you.."
"I sang a lullaby, by the waterside and knew, if you were here, I'd sing to you..." Marinette sang back.
Adrien shot his eyes open, and Marinette smiled at him.
"You're on the other side, as the skyline splits in two..."They sit up.
"Miles away from seeing you..." They look at eachother.
"Well, I can see the stars, from America, I wonder do you to see them too..." Adrien sings.
"So open your eyes, and see... The way our horizons meet... And all of the lights will lead... Into the night with me..." They sang together. They came closer, and their hands touched...
"Hey, guys, time to go back!" Alya's mom yelled.
They quickly separated and blushed like crazy. They both mentally slapped themselves, and while a flustered Alya and smirking Nino came along amd packed everything, they whispered:
"It was amazing."
"Thank you."