You Listen to Me, Ok?

Start from the beginning

"Shawn you don't have to say it back just because I-"

"Sadie," I cut her, covering up nearly all of the distance between us as I cupped her cheek, trying to make her look back at me. She was still diverting her eyes from mine, and I knew that this was causing an internal battle in her. The side I had been cheering for won, as she finally looked me in the eyes again. "I love you." I repeat.

Sadie's eyes gaze back into mine, making me get lost in this chocolate ocean as I felt my heart beating strongly against my ribcage. The raging fire that I had seen igniting inside of her as she had thrown everything at me was now extinguished, being replaced with a bright sparkle. I caress gently her cheek with my thumb, a small smile forming on my lips as I realize this whole situation. The girl I love so much loves me back.

A similar smile makes the corners of her lips pull gently upwards, and though her features had relaxed compared to how tense she was when we had firstly walked outside, I managed to read the question in her eyes. How?

"Hey, you listen carefully to me ok?" I ask, and she nods reassuringly. "I don't love a model, or a singer, or whoever else you think I am supposed to love. I love you. You and only you. The girl that fell in the middle of an hotel's restaurant and that I went to help. That makes me feel so happy and like I've got it all, makes me feel complete. The girl that dances around in her hotel room in her hello kitty pajamas and that trips at least once a day. That has this dorky, cute smile, that she thinks is horrible but I find it so beautiful. I love you for who you are Sadie."

I stop for a bit, taking a deep breath. "Honestly, I couldn't care less that you are not famous, or that you still haven't figured out what you want to do in the future, or that you are three years younger than me. I really don't, princess. You think I should be with a model because she would be pretty and interesting, when in reality I think you are so much more than that. You're beautiful Sadie, and interesting, and I-" I pause, trying to look for words,"I just wished you could see what I see. But in the end of the day nothing will change what I feel. I love you."

Her eyes suddenly became too shiny, and cupping my face too, she pulled my face towards hers, smashing our lips together. Our lips moved upon each other in complete harmony, the emotion and the words that were being enxchanged between us making my heart expand. All I could think about is that all I wanted was her, I wanted to stay here in this moment forever, because right now, everything was just perfect.

I pulled her closer to me, our bodies pressing against each other, my heart hammering strongly against my chest. The emotion that I was feeling couldn't be more overwhelming, the love I feel for her throbbing through every inch of my being. She pulled away and gazed back into my eyes with her very shiny ones, searching for something that would indicate that this was a dream. Her eyes teared up as she wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Shawn, I just can't believe that this is happening. This is too good to be true." She takes in a shuddery breath, and exhaling, she continues,"This sort of thing isn't supposed to happen to a person like me.".

"Well, tough luck, because it did. I love you even if you don't love yourself. But I'm determined to change that."

There is a small silence as we just stay there in each other's arms, not wanting to let go of each other. She pulls back slightly, only to be able to look into my eyes.

"I love you."

***

Sadie's POV:
I lazily opened my eyes to one of the best views I had ever woken to, even if everything was still hazy. I blinked once more to focus what I saw, revealing an awake Shawn, who delicately twirled the ends of my hair, playing with my long brown locks.