Chapter 23: Love is a lie

Start from the beginning

Mina and some other girls, turned their heads. I shushed them, and signalized that they shouldn't say my name or talk at all. And I didn't see TaeHyung or Jimin being present in class.

I sat at another seat than usual. Because my usual seat is the seat next to JungKook.

I was pretty calm. Since he was obviously sleeping, I listened to the teacher with minimal worry.

The bell rang. And everyone ran out. Even Mina, because she wanted to secure a seat in the canteen for us both. She wanted us to talk about something.

I was a bit slow with packing down my books, and had totally forgotten that I should have had ran out.

While I was in the process of putting my math-book in to my back pack, someone embraced me from behind.

A thigh hug.

One of those typical back-hugs you see in dramas.

My heart stopped for three seconds. As if time stopped and I forgot to breath.

I was about to stand up and brake the hug, but he was holding me down. I felt the person's head then rested on my shoulder.

I knew it was JungKook, so I didn't dare to say anything.

------------

JungKook's POV

I stretched my arms up in the air as the bell rang.

The sun was hitting my face through the window, so I got blinded as I opened my eyes.

I looked around and.... Hana?

I rubbed my eyes brutally.

A girl was sitting on the other side of the classroom. I couldn't see her face. Because she was sitting in the front, and I was in the back.

I was positive it was her.

My heart started to beat faster. As if I just won the lottery or something.

I stood up, went in behind her, and hugged her.

She tried to stand up, but I held her down. As I laid my head against her shoulder, I smelled her sweet sent I was longing for. Her soft hair against my skin.

"Where have you been?", I said in a happy tone, with my head still on her shoulder.

She was not moving, but I kept on going.

"You're a bad, bad girl. Why don't you answer your phone? Did you change your number?

I've run around Seoul these couple of days. Hoping I could see you. I asked persons I know knows you, if they knew where you were. But no one knew. Making me frustrated and worried. But you are here now so that's enough for me", I let go off the hug, and went in front of her desk.

"I missed you. Every day", I finished my little speech.

She was looking down, pretending to be on her phone. But her phone was still on the lock-screen picture.

"Don't", she said.

"Don't miss me. Don't think about me. Don't care for me", she said while every single word put ten knives in my heart.

"Hana, why are you like this", I said and turned her face upwards, so I could see her face that I was longing to see.

Her face was teary, but she still was cold.

The next words she said killed me:

"I don't like you anymore".

My heart broke into a million pieces.

I grabbed her chair and made her look straight into my eyes.

"Why are you lying?", I said angrily.

She winced and looked away, and shed another tear.

Her hands went into her backpack, taking out her little, pink Barbie lunchbox, and stood up.

I watched her as she passed me and went to the door.

I quickly stood up and closed the door when she tried to open it.

"Move", she said. Not looking into my eyes.

"What have I done wrong? I've been good to you. I've only thought about you, only wanted you, only missed you. Who made you like this?!", I slightly screamed at her. My lungs were burning. I was breathing so heavily.

She kept grabbing the door handle, but I blocked her.

"Stop ignoring me! WHY are you like this?!", I said and we were still fighting over the door handle.

I grabbed her wrists as a way to make her stop, but she kept trying to escape my grip.

"Let me go!"

"Not until you give me an answer!"

"FINE! I can't be with you, ok?! I'm a lowly girl, and you're a rich heir", her words made me let go of her hands. What was she saying? I couldn't understand why she made that into a problem.

"Don't you understand?", she cried out loud.

"You and I... You and I can never be more than a flirt. This love is just a lie!", she said and covered her face while crying.

My blood was boiling. I was so angry and every part of me was burning.

"Look at me", and I put her hands away.

I had to breath out a couple of times to cool off.

"Your joking right? I didn't suffer for several days, because you think like that, huh? Do you really think I would ditch my old ways, like playing around, just for fun?"

I watched her puffy face. Her face was all red and pink-ish because of crying. She looked so fragile. So unlike her.

She always looked so strong. But not right there. She looked scared.

Her slight sobbing, made me step even closer to her.

"Just let me go. I don't—"

• Hana's POV

He grabbed my face and kissed me.

A million happy feelings swarmed around me, but got shattered into dust, since I shouldn't be deceiving him or myself like that.

My hand was about to grab his face and deepen the kiss, but I soon regretted it.

He was kissing me, and as much as I wanted to kiss him back I didn't. We truly were deceiving ourselves all this time. I didn't even dare to tell him all this was because of his mother.

I stepped backwards, and broke of the kiss. Even though I wanted him.

Before I could see his reaction, I had to end this moment in a bad way. And I just slapped him.

Across his handsome face, really hard. So hard that my hand was hurting.

He lifted his head and I saw his hurt expression.

He had his left hand against the cheek I slapped, and grabbed my hand with the other hand.

"Are you happy now? If that made you feel any better, you can do it a hundred, no million times more. Just don't ever leave me like that. With such a bad excuse. Making me worr—",

The door opened, and Mina peeked her head in.

Before she could see us near the door, I slipped my hand out of his. I was in such a bad state right now. She couldn't be sensing anything, or else she would ask me a ton of questions.

I managed to dry the tears away.

"Oh, Hana-ya. Why aren't you coming? I'm starving. JungKook can join if h—", I interrupted her: "No, no. I will come down now. He's was just asking me if I had seen his lost math book. But I haven't. Sorry JungKook".

The "Sorry JungKook"-part was just a little whisper. I hoped he heard it. Before I quickly got out of the room with Mina, and left him there.

I'm really Sorry.