At ease

Ring ring....
Who is it so early in the morning? I was unable to sleep the whole night.
I searched for my cell phone on the side table and lift it up without opening my eyes.
I answered it.
"Hello!"I said into my phone still sleepy.
"Hey, Sunshine! Good morning!"said a cheerful voice of none other than Mickey.
I sat up straight on my bed and looked at the caller. It's really Mickey.
"Good morning!"I said my heart beating fast. He called me Sunshine? Did he really?
"Actually, I called you to tell you that I will be really busy today so I won't be able to give you rides today. I am so sorry about that but I promise that I will be there tomorrow and that too on time."he said little sad.
"It's ok. I don't mind. I know you have work and your work is also important."I said trying to cheer him up.
"Yes, but you are still more important that anything. Ok, baby, I gotta go. Will talk to you later. Bye. Love you."he said and hang up.
I blinked my eyes, my phone still attached to my ears.
Did he really...or am I dreaming? I touched my cheeks, it's hot. I am blushing. How can I blush when who said those words is my best friend? No, he didn't say anything like that...I must be imagining things. I must be still dreaming and so I imagined him say these things in my sleepy head. Yes, this must be it!

I should get ready for college. Mickey won't come to pick me up. I should just sleep and skip college. Why do I feel sad that I won't be able to meet him today? It's normal, many times he is busy or out on business trips and we don't get to even call each other but this thing never bothered me. What is this feeling? Argh!!!! I ruffled my hair; My mind is a total mess!!!
Why did he say things like that, now I don't even know the feelings that I am feeling.

Ring ring....
Now, who's calling me? I picked up my phone. Claire!? Why is she calling?
I picked up the call.
"Hello!"I said into the phone.
"Leave hello, hi. I called to warn you that you can't skip college to go on dates with Michael today. If you dump us and go with him then I won't let you enjoy your date."she warned me.
"What is it so early in the morning that you are in such a mood?"I asked her confused. If I go on a date with Mickey, she is the one who will be jumping with happiness. What happened to her suddenly?
"Su, I am dying here. You know I didn't get any sleep last night, thinking if you told him or not. And that if you both are together or not. Just come to college quickly and tell us everything before I loose my mind!!! I have been waiting for both of you to be together for so long that now every move you both make gets me worried. I want you both to be happily forever together."she said snd sighed.
I never knew, she care about mine and Mickey's relation to this extent.
"Claire, I am not going to any dates today. He is busy and he won't be able to give me ride to college. And I will tell you everything as soon as we meet. And Mickey and me...we both are...um...our relationship...it's....ok...so you don't have to worry. Just relax. If you worry to this extent then you will get wrinkles on your beautiful face."I laughed. And this made her laugh too. I guess she is relaxed now.
"Ok. Meet you in college. Bye."she said hanging up the call.

I sighed. I don't know what relationship I have with Mickey now. He is not my boyfriend as he didn't ask me to go out with him. We can't be normal friends anymore as he confessed his feelings to me. He just said that he is going to make me fall for him and that I should be prepared for it. What relationship are we in now?

My friends hurried towards me as soon as I got out of the car.
"Were you all waiting for me here?"I asked them surprised.
"Yes. Let's go. You have to tell us everything."Claire said linking her arms with mine.
I laughed nervously. How will I explain them all these...our relationship and....these feelings..???

"So..he didn't ask you out?"Molly said after I told them everything that happened yesterday and today.
I nodded.
"And he just said that he will make you fall for him?"Elsa said.
I nodded and sighed.
"Is he stupid? He got such a perfect opportunity to make you his girlfriend and he didn't ask you to? He is really stupid!!!"Molly said irritated.
"I agree with Molly. If he asked you out then it will be more valid and it will make more sense."Elsa said.
"How romantic!!!"Claire said suddenly and we all looked at her confused and shocked.
"What? Why are you all giving me that look? Isn't this the most romantic thing that he is doing? I mean, he is going to make Su fall in love before going any further with their relationship. If it's mutual love then it will be more easy for both of you to be official. Did you all forget that he is Travis's best friend? Will your brother let anyone date his baby sis if it isn't mutual love, even if the other person is his best friend? And if it doesn't go well their friendship will be affected too and don't forget your brother and his sister are going to be married soon."she said like it's a matter of fact.
"She is right!!"Molly said nodding.
"Yes, it's not just about both of you but also about your brother and his sister."Elsa said.
I never thought it like that. It's really not so easy. That's why Mickey couldn't confess to me even if he wanted to. He must have been really worried thinking all these.
"Thank you, Claire!"I said hugging her. She really thought a lot about us.

"I know what you are saying is true..it's...it's just that I don't know how to react or what to do. These feelings...they make me feel weird. That's why I am getting restless. I don't know what to do anymore."I said sighing.
"Then just let them be. Just let Michael take care of everything. Let him do what he wants and let your feelings take over you. That way it will be more easy. You can't enjoy yourself if you try to suppress these things."Claire said smiling.
"Are you really Claire?"Molly asked narrowing her eyes.
"What? You know there is and can be only one Claire."Claire said folding her hands.
"Actually, since yesterday you are not acting like yourself."Elsa said narrowing her eyes.
Claire rolled her eyes.
"Yes, you never talked about things with so deep meaning and is always carefree."I said.
She sighed.
"I had to become like this because of you, Su. I know these two are useless and won't be able to keep you and Michael together and so I have to become the mature one to keep everything intact. If I let these two be incharge then you and Michael will never be together. They will only think of you and support your decisions whether it's being with him or not. I let them handle the situation when you dated Stance and they never opposed as much as I expected. So, this time I won't stop until you and Michael are together and married."she said folding her arms.
"That's rude."Elsa and Molly murmured.
"We were only supporting Su's decision."Molly said shrugging her shoulders.
"Yeah!"Claire said rolling her eyes.
"Girls, let's stop this discussion now and go to class."I said holding Claire's hand.
"Ok. But, you will report the progress between you both."Claire said stopping me.
"Yes, madam. Then, can we go now?"I said sighing.
"Ok."she said cheerfully.
"I can't wait to see Su and Michael get married and then they will have cute cute kids."Claire said walking.
"Claire, let's stop there. Let's not think about future and go slowly because when you say things like these, it makes me anxious."I said nervously.
"Ok. Sorry, sorry. I got little excited and got carried away. "she said laughing.
"That's the Claire we know."Molly said and Elsa giggled.
Claire winked.
I feel a little at ease after talking to my well wishers. But, I am anxious as to what will happen, what Mickey is going to do?

Claire convinced Susan to go with the flow but is it that easy when Susan and Michael have been best friends? Can they suddenly change their friendship into more? Vote and comment.