Chapter 1 (revised)

The bell rings, indicating the end of math. I force my books into my book bag and rush out of the classroom with the intentions of not being late to chemistry again.

I spot a crowd forming around my locker, the locker which I need to get my chemistry books out of. I sigh as I bid farewell to my thoughts of being early.

I get on my tippy toes in an attempt to look over the crowd gathering around my locker. I lock eyes with the one and only Nathan Doors. His back is pressed against the wall, and his eyes light up when he sees me.

What does he want?

I pushed past the crowd only to clumsily stumble in front of him. "Uhh excuse me, you're blocking my locker." I stated cowardly as I stared at my worn out converses.

Why is the schools bad boy leaning against my locker?

"That's not a nice way to greet your boyfriend, babe." His deep voice bounced off of the quiet hallway walls. I quickly whipped my head up with shock and caught his smirk.

"Boyfriend? What the hell ar-" I was cut off by him roughly pulling me closer. I could feel most of the schools female population burn holes in the back of my head with their envious glares.

"Listen. You pretend to be my girlfriend for reasons I will not say right now, or I will make sure you don't get that scholarship." He hastily whispered into my ear.

Trying not to take in the close proximity between us, I whispered back. "And how exactly would you do that?"

"Keep in mind that my father funds this school. He donated money, and anything you could think of to this school. He could just talk to the principal, wave some cash, say some convincing words. Poof. No scholarship." He whispered with a devilish smirk.

"He wouldn't do that." I whispered back, this time with less confidence behind my statement. I began to wonder if people would question why we're hugging, or whatever we're doing, for so long.

"Then I would get you in trouble and ruin your little goody two shoes look and your perfect behavior record. Now, what school would want a misbehaving nerd?" He whispered with confidence, knowing he had won.

My shoulders slumped down in defeat. "Fine." I huffed out.

Shout out to Only Him, an amazing book by funsized__kate , you won't regret checking it out. 😜😍👌🏻