:: 7 :: Tinkerbell Boots ::

QUICK A/N: I'm using my phone for this, and so I don't have the script with me... So... This might suck.

I woke up and winced in pain when I tried to sit up. My shoulder ached with extreme pain due to that man shooting me in the shoulder. I looked down at it to see a thick gauze with blood seeping through. I looked around and noticed I was in the infirmary back at the base. I hate this place. It smells like bleach half the time which is understandable, but I'd rather not.

I looked around and flagged down a nurse to give me information on my vitals, and to see if I can leave this hell hole.

Straight to the point, she told me that I am permitted to leave, and my shoulder is healing well. As I walked out of the infirmary, I heard someone shout my name. "Winter," they shouted. I hadn't heard that name for a while.

I looked back to see my favorite idiot in stars and striped jog up to me, patting me on my hurt shoulder. I winced in pain and he gave me an apologetic look.

"Still a little sore?" he asked stopping in front of me to talk.

"Just a tad, a littleeee bit," I said sighing. "Why are you talking to me?"

"I just wanted to see how things were going," he said towering over me. I'm still not used to his new height. "Well Peggy's probably checking up on some of the men if you're looking for her," I said sassily before walking around Steve and back on the way to see Phillips.

He called for me, asking me to do something. Of course, I went alone with it and didn't say anything to upset him. I don't even know what on earth he wants me for. Yet.

I strutted down the rocky gravel in my tan heels and uniform, meeting up with Colonel in his tent. Once I got there, he dismissed the agent standing in there and ushered me to sit down.

"Agent Smith," he said arranging some files on his desk. "I asked you to come here and talk to me, as you know."

"So I'm aware," I replied looking at him straight in the face. He gave me a 'really' look and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I asked you here because I wanted to offer you a job. You're highly skilled in several forms of combat, and I'd like you to become an even bigger agent then before. Imagine: working alongside Captain America as he takes down HYDRA and saves the world." My cheeks heated at the mention of Steve, and I but my lip.

"I-I don't really know," I stuttered. Sure, it was a great opportunity but one screw up in front of Steve and I'm either dead or the laughing stock.

"You have a week to get back to me in your answer. Have a nice day, Agent Smith." He dismissed me; and I rose from my seat heading towards the front of the tent. I stopped.

Why do I care what Steve thinks of me? I turned around and smiled.

"Actually, I'll take you up on that offer."

[][][][][]

"NICE BOOTS TINKERBELL," a man yelled in the crowd. I watched from backstage at the rude remarks Steve was getting.

He's a hero. He doesn't deserve this bull shit.

"SIGN THIS," another yelled, flashing the high heavens. Jesus, I never ever want to see that... Horrendous 'masterpiece' again! My life is scared. This is why I hate arrogant people.

After the show, Steve walked behind stage and sighed. He sat in some steps as the dolls passed him, getting more cheer than him. He pulled out a tiny notebook and began to doodle something -- it looked like a monkey in a Captain America uniform on a unicycle. I plopped down beside him and gave him an apologetic look.

"You know Steve, once they realize how amazing you really are, they'll regret all they said about you." He looked me in my eyes and my heart melted. Why does he do this to me? I can't let myself do this...

"Thanks," he said and looked back down at his drawing. "So uh, where were you heading earlier? When you left the infirmary?"

Should I tell him? Should I keep it a secret that I might be working alongside him? But if I want to be in a good relationship with Steve I can't keep things this proportionate from him -- but why do I want a relationship with Steve? I'm literally always contradicting myself each time I don't care what he thinks of me; when I say that I look fine enough, Steve doesn't care how I look. Maybe I should tell him.

"I went to Colonel Phillips. He wanted to see me," I said bluntly.

"Why?" Great. Word vomit now.

"Steve- he- I- well- ....." I took a deep breath. "He asked me to become a higher agent. To fight in the war more." Steve's mouth dropped open, not letting any words flow.

"Annabella I-" I stopped him.

"Say whatever you want to make me not go... But he has a point. In highly skilled in combat and-"

"No Annabella, I was going to say-"

"That you don't want me to go. I know but-"

"Annabella, shut up and let me talk!" Silence engulfed us as our eyes were locked. "Look honestly, I think you should do what you think is right and what you want to do. But I don't want you to get hurt..." He trailed off. Does this mean he liked me to?

"I can fend for myself.." I trailed off. "I don't need a super soldier to protect me.." I felt my heart drop and his eyes dim.

"At this point in the war, I think you do," he said leaning closer.

"A-And what if I think I'm independent enough to not need one.."

"I'll still be there.." Our faces were centimeters apart.

"How could you change my mind to thinking I'd need you..." I trailed off. I glanced at his lips, and before I knew it, they connected.

It was a heated, small make out, and our lips moved in sync. I placed my hand on his jaw and his traveled to the nape of my neck pulling me closer.

Just then did I realize...

I was kissing Steve Rogers.

Don't forget to vote and share this story!

Hugs and Snowflakes,

Rae

so this is all I have done up to this point!! So yea, Ily guys!!

yea

rae