:: 6 :: Procedure Time! ::

Steve, Peggy and I piled into a car to escort us to the place that Steve would his procedure. We'd be meeting Mr. Stark there too. I was afraid something wrong would happen when we were doing this. I'm also afraid that this could kill Steve. His so tiny and this is such a big thing...

"I know this neighborhood, I got beat up in that alley," Steve said. I looked at him with sympathy from the front seat as he continued. "And that parking lot. And behind that diner." Peggy looked at me with sympathy in her eyes too.

"So did you have something against running away?" she questioned. Steve looked at her and frowned.

"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back. Can't say no forever, right?" I smiled at him and he returned it.

"I know a little of what that's like. To have every door shut in your face," I said. I did. Not only with the whole military thing. Steve knew what I was talking about. And I guess he didn't know what he was doing what he said next.

"I guess I just don't why you'd wanna join the army if you're a beautiful dame. Or a beautiful...a woman. An agent, not a dame! You are beautiful, but... Me and Bucky missed you.." I explained Bucky and Steve to Peggy when I missed them so bad that I began to sob one night.

"You have no idea how to talk to a woman do you," Peggy said trying to calm things down.

"Only Annabella.." Steve trailed off. "Well besides her this might just be the longest conversation I've ever had with one. Women aren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on." I was still slightly blushing at what he said. He called me beautiful....

I guess he doesn't like Peggy like I thought he did.

"You must have danced before," Peggy said dumbfounded that he hadn't.

"Well," Steve continued,"asking a woman to dance always seems so terrifying. And the past few year just didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I'd wait."

"Wait for what?"

"The right partner." Steve was still looking at me, and the blush got heavier. I turned back in my seat and we arrived shortly after.

()()()()()

Once we got completely in, Colonel Phillips, Peggy and I sat up in the booth. Dr. Erskine tapped on a microphone, signaling for us to sit down and watch the show.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today we take not another step towards annihilation, but the first step on the path to peace. We begin with a series of micro injections into the subjects major muscle groups. The serum infusion will cause immediate cellular change. And then to stimulate growth, the subject will be saturated with vita rays." A nurse injected something in Steve as he laid down on the table shirtless. he cringed and I sighed. "That was only penicillin," you could hear Erskine say into the microphone.

Well shit. If that hurt Steve no telling how much the whole process will hurt him, now with all of this vita ray stuff going to happen. Then the doors on the metal container he was in closed, and stood up.

"Steven, can you hear me," Erskine asked. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

"Is it too late to go to the bathroom?" I heard him yell. I sighed of relief and bit the inside of my cheek.

Howard begins to strengthen the vita rays, and I heard Steve scream in pain. I hopped out of my seat and yelled down to Erskine, "SHUT IT DOWN!" Steve screamed again and I began to worry more. I yelled for them to shut it down again but there was still no response from them. I ran down the stairs and Erskine knocked on the little window.

"Steven? Kill the reactors Stark!" Erskine ordered.

"NO! Don't! I can do this!" At least he responded.

Then the procedure was complete. I walked closer to the chamber when Peggy came down and the doors opened so slowly... it was taking forever... and when they did my mouth dropped. He was RIPPED.

I handed him a white shirt that I took from one of the scientists.

"Wouldn't want to catch a fly ma'am," Steve said smirking. I about passed out. And I'm drooling. Great. I wiped my mouth looking down as Peggy came up and they began to talk. I looked back at a man and he smirked at me pulling something from his pocket. I pulled out my gun but then he shot Erskine as the explosion went off, and shot me in the shoulder. I winced in pain but stood up continuing to shoot at him alongside Peggy anyways. I raced out the door and saw the men driving. I aimed my gun and shot the driver. Then the car turned around and started to drive towards me. I kept trying to shoot the bastard.

"ANNABELLA!" Someone yelled knocking me down. My blood loss was bad enough now, so when i hit the ground I was in complete pain and passed out from that.

____________________

Sorry I'm on a role with updating today. This might / most likely be the last update of the day. But thanks for all the support I've been getting recently!

Hugs and Snowflakes,

Rae

(PS- don't forget to vote, and spread this story around!!)

(:

rae