:: 2 :: departing for the future ::

Steve's POV

I looked to Bucky with a concerning look and we shared looks with the each other as she walked out. I thought about calling her name but declined myself.

How could she? I can't have her walk out on me like this. She's been there for me and I can't let her go and slip through my fingers. She's too precious to me and I can't let that happen. I stood and brushed some crumbs off my coat and pushed my chair in.

"What are you doing?" Bucky asked looking up at me. First time that's happened. And the last time probably.

"Going to stop Annabella," I said sighing. I began to walk out but an arm grasped my coat and pulled me back.

"Steve she just needs to blow off steam," he said pulling me hack down. "Just let her calm down."

"I'm afraid she isn't just calming down," I said scared for her. I don't think she's seriously just calming down.

"Steve," Bucky warned. "Come on. You know how mad she'll get. Please stay. Finish your drink," he said nodding to my black coffee.

"Fine," I said surrendering. I sat back down in my chair and took a sip, looking back up to Bucky. "We still going to let her pay?"

"No. I'll return her money," Bucky said looking down at his coffee.

"What's wrong?" He looked up from his drink and just looked back from shrugging.

"She's perfect, ya know?" I sighed and looked down at my coffee.

"I know. But she seems to be doing good with that guy she tells us about every time she comes back to the apartment from work." It's true, there was this guy... Daniel I think. And she talked about him a lot. She worked as an intern at the social sciences building, working on getting people what they need and adoptive services. Stuff like that, honestly I don't even truthfully know all of what she does. Or if that's even accurate.

We talked for a few more minutes and decided to head back, and paid with our own money not hers. We decided to walk back, not to hail a taxi although it is sort of a tiring walk. But Winter suggested.

We headed up the stairs and knocked on the door, and didn't get an answer. We pounded some more and nothing. Bucky got out his key and unlocked the door, and we opened the door everything looked normal.

"Winter?" I asked loudly walking into the kitchen them heading to her room.

"Steve..." I heard Bucky say. I walked back to the sound of his voice and he was looking at a piece of paper tapped to the fridge. I ripped it down and read it slowly.

"Dear Steve and Bucky, the two Bestest Best Friends," I read out. "Es tut mir leid. But, I'm decided to go with what I want to do, and I think that I can do this and make it out alive. I think that you have faith in me, I think I have faith in myself. But, I wants the both of you to know I did leave, for my own sake. I'm joining. I'm sorry, but I'm departing for my future." I paused for a second and blinked continuing to read. "Hugs and snowflakes, Winter."

[][][][][]

Okay... It's not that long, I'm sorry. Oops.
Oh well.
Not a long authors note either. Sorry.

Hugs and snowflakes,

Rae.

UPDATED A/N

okay so I know this isn't good but I had writers block with this so idk I guess ill give it time but I'm leaving it

"Hugs and snowflakes" is so cringey omg

anyways

here's this

- Rae