Shy Away

Here's your daily smile ^^

on with the story!

Juvia's POV

Sometimes I really don't understand Gray. He can be so sweet, so kind, but other times he's so ruthless and cold, so distant. It's like he's two different people. And still, I can't pin point the thing he was going to tell me he lied about. It's honestly not my right to pry, so I can't exactly ask. After all, I am the cause of him getting hit by that car. I know the only way I'll ever forgive myself for that, is if somehow I can make it up to him. He saved my life...

How do you repay something like that?

"Juvie." Gray said melodiously looking at me with a big beautiful bright smile. My head ached, but the pain stopped after I sat up. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. "Hmm?" I groaned under my breath. He chuckled to himself. "I didn't think it was possible for someone to sleep 16 hours." My eyes shot open and I felt my cheeks turn pink. "What?!" I screeched in horror. He began to hold his belly from his chuckles. I scoffed. "You could've woken Juvia up." I said bitterly. He shook his head. "You looked too peaceful." I rolled my eyes and turned away to hide the pink tint to my cheeks.

I stood up and let my messy blue hair curl down my back. I stretched and then noticed that the building was still buried in the snow. "How are Juvia and Gray~Sama gonna get out of here?" I asked. He shrugged. "Why are you asking me?" He stood up and walked over to his phone. "We could call someone." He suggested. I frowned. "And what? Say 'yeah I've been stuck in the store with Juvia all night and we're ready to leave now.' Like hell." He smirked, I narrowed my eyes on him. "Are you afraid of them thinking we had sex?" He asked with a deep and husky voice. My cheeks immediately flamed. "Wh-what?!" He began cracking up laughing as I let out a long heavy sigh.

I don't know, something about Gray's laugh just makes me so happy. It just makes me want to laugh with him. It makes me smile when he does. When he's sad it hurts my chest. When he's talkative I want to talk too. What does that mean? Does that mean that I like Gray?

"Well...we could always wait for it to melt." He suggested leaning against the wall opposite of me. I scoffed at the idea. "Juvia's starving." I complained running my fingers through my mess of blue hair. He sighed and messed up his black hair by scrubbing it in frustration. "We could...I don't know! Help me out here." He ordered. I pouted. "How should Juvia know? Gray~Sama's the one who always thinks he's better than Juvia at everything." I responded with a hidden smirk. "Well...you're the one who thinks you can beat me at anything." I cursed my competitive personality. "Fine, just call someone." I said frustrated at how my moronic brain works.

He called Lyon to come dig us out, and moments later we heard a metal shovel banging on the glass door from him digging.

-0-0-0-0-0-00-0-0-0-0-0-

3rd Person POV

I think I need to keep my distance from Juvia. She's beautiful, kind, smart, funny, and completely drives me crazy. I just want to make her mine, and mine alone. I don't want anyone to hurt her, or call her mean names. I don't want anyone to make her cry. Not—not the way I did. I did all of those things. And I regret them all. I know I saved her life, and it was wrong of me to expect something in return. And now she thinks that I want something back, which just simply isn't true. I only said those things because I don't want her to leave, and maybe if she thought she owed an obligation to me she'd stick around. Because the truth is, no one ever stays close to me.

Gray thought with a sad smile.

I'm starting to wonder why I'm even here. Why did I stay around Gray? I felt I owed him my life, I felt I needed to give him something, and I do. But what could I possibly give him? What does he want with me? I have so many questions and no answers because I'm too scared to ask.

But why am I scared? Who says I should be afraid? And I know I like Gray, but who decided that? I know I didn't, I would've never thought I'd ever be falling for him. Why can't life be a musical where everyone sings and dances and ends up with their perfect soulmate?

And the biggest question of all, why can't I tell Gray I like him? We're not in middle school where you have to be all secretive, I'm an adult, so why does it feel like I am still crushing on the cute boy in 7th grade? Life is so frustrating! I hate when I can't decide things. It drives me mad. I want to know all of the answers, and I feel like I'm in one of those movies where everyone who's watching is screaming at their tv yelling the answer.

One thing I do know, there is no way I can tell Gray I like him, because if I do and he doesn't feel the same, where does that put our relationship? I'd rather just be his friend than to lose him.

Juvia thought to herself with a small nod as she sat beside Gray who was maneuvering his way around the slow cars.

So I guess I'll shy away.

They both thought in synch with each other.

******

A/N: HEEEEEEY! HOOOOOOO! Tell me if u got the reference. So anyways, I hope y'all are enjoying reading bc I love writing this, I really do try my best and I'm sorry if it's still not good. So I guess that means I gotta keep tryin huh? Sigh. Oh well!

Do y'all think I should go back and add pics?
Idrk bc I feel like y'all won't go back and look at them....

Anyways, since it's night here I'll say good night!

And, almost forgot, don't forget to smile :D