Chapter 27

"Judy?" Nick said, confusion in his voice. The small figure looked up, her purple eyes lighting up the darkness. It really was her. Despite not wanting to see her after the previous events of the day, Nick was relieved to see his little one again.
Nick! Nick!" Judy cried, bursting into tears. Seeing Judy like this broke Nick's heart. Judy held out her arms gesturing for a hug. He picked her up and held her close to his chest, kissing her cheek, stroking her ears softly.  "Nick.. why did you leave me?" Judy whimpered, tears streaming down her face, her eyes fixated on his. "Why?" Nick felt a lump rise in his throat and a silent tear ran down his cheek. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He said quietly. He sniffled and wiped his eyes, holding Judy even closer. "Nick.." Judy began again. "Please... explain..." she could barely speak, as she was sobbing uncontrollably, the events of the past week catching up on her, falling down upon her like a ton of bricks. "Judy.. you're already upset. I don't want to make it worse for you," Nick whispered. "Nick please!!!" Judy said loudly, despairingly shaking his shoulders. "Tell me, now!!" Nick sighed, shaking his head. "Judy, we're no longer partners. Bogo has decided we work alone." He told her. Judy's eyes grew almost twice in size. She was shocked. No longer partners? "Nick!? Why?" She wept. "I can't work alone, without you!" "Sssh," Nick said, stroking her petite body. "I'm going to confront Bogo. This can't happen Nick! I won't let it happen!" Judy shouted, her defiant nature creeping back. "Judy, no, you can't. Bogo has made his final decision, you and I both know we can't overrule him. We can still see each other after work, and we can still be a couple," Nick explained, in attempt to reassure the stressed bunny. "What's the point! Everyone hates us Nick! Ever since we've gotten together our lives have been miserable and you know it!" Judy cried, breathing heavily as the tears spilled out in bucketfuls.  She quivered in anger, eyes becoming bloodshot almost like she was going insane. Nick's shirt was soaked, but he didn't mind. "Judy, stop this. Nobody hates us. They just don't agree with our decision, and that's okay!" Nick stated. Judy looked at him in utter shock. "Okay! Okay!? Nick, have you lost your mind?" She screamed. "Can't you see! Our lives have been ruined!" "Oh don't be so ridiculous Judy! How have our lives been ruined?!" Nick shouted back at her. Judy tried to scramble from his grasp, she was surprisingly strong and escaped with ease. "We're not partners anymore Nick!! Anyone would think you didn't care!" She cried, running away. "Judy!! Wait!" Nick called after her, getting up and sprinting after her. Grabbing her from behind by the waist, he turned her around by the waist and spun her around. Before she could say anything, he pressed his lips against hers, and just like that all their worries disappeared. It was magical. The kiss deepened, becoming more passionate. Judy's arms were tightly wrapped around his neck, his arms around her waist. Judy pulled away, smiling through her tears. "Nick, I'm sorry. I-I love you so much, okay?" She whispered. Nick bent down, and got close to her ear. She could feel his hot breath against her fur, the butterflies danced in her stomach, the shiver ran down her spine. "I love you more than you'll ever imagine. I'll never leave you Judy, and that's a promise," he whispered. Pulling away from her ear, Judy stared into his sparkling eyes. Suddenly, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What?" Judy asked frantically. "Judy... your head!! Who did this to you?" He said, lightly touching the large purple bruise that had appeared on the side of Judy's head. She winced at the very touch. "Oh.. um.. well when you pushed me, accidentally of course, I fell and hit my head. But I'm okay!! I didn't even notice the bruise! It didn't hurt much either," she lied. Nicks eyes glasses over with tears. "Oh Judy.. I'm so so sorry." He mumbled, lifting her up and holding her close to his chest like a baby. "Let's get you home."
The night got colder, luckily Judy's apartment was only a few minutes from the bridge. Nick carried her the whole journey, she was worn out. Judy was nearly asleep when they reached the apartment. "Judy, sweetheart, can I have the key?" He asked gently. Judy smiled. He had never called her something like that before, it made her heart flutter, her whole body paralysed by love for this fox. Slowly reaching in her pocket, she found the key and unlocked the door herself. Nick carried Judy to her bed and laid her down, tucking her in, just like a baby. Judy smiled weakly, she was exhausted. Nick locked the door and came back to Judy's bed. Kneeling by the bedside, she took her paw in his. "Do you need me to stay tonight, or do you want some time to yourself?" Nick questioned. Judy cocked an eyebrow. "Really sly fox? Of course I want you here." She said kissing the tip of his nose sweetly. Nick chuckled and kissed her lips softly. Judy moved over and made room for Nick. He slid in next to her, wrapping his strong arms around her tiny body. The room was silent, the only sound was their heartbeats beating simultaneously. "Nick?" Judy asked breaking the silence. "Can you promise me something?" Nick looked at her, paws still intertwined in hers. "Anything," he said gazing at her in awe, she really was beautiful. "Will you promise to love me no matter what people say, no matter they think, no matter what happens?" She asked, never leaving his gaze. Nick nodded. "I will never stop loving you Judy, and that's final." He kissed her head softly, and brought her close to his chest. "I love you."

Ehh sorry guys if the story isn't going at all well, I feel like I'm not as good as writing anymore:( but I wanna keep this story up, comment what you think anyways xx