Chapter 17

Nick glanced at her hopefully. She was blushing, as a small smile formed on her face. "You know you want to," Nick laughed, nudging her playfully. Judy giggled, getting redder by the second. "Please?" Nick asked, doing the puppy eyes, much to Judy's amusement. "Oh Nick!" She said shaking her head. "You do make me laugh." Nick smiled, but on the inside, he was worrying. She didn't answer his question. Should be ask again? What the hell should be do? He was never good with girls.
"So, what's your answer?" Nick asked, trying his best to seem cool and collected. Judy looked at him. "Well, yeah, I guess so!" She said nervously, twiddling her paws. Nick smiled. "As long as it's just cuddling, and nothing else," she said, making herself clear. Nick raised an eyebrow. "Oh carrots, we've been together a day, you dumb bunny." He said jokingly. Judy cocked her head. "Stupid fox," she joked back.
The pair finally made it back to Silver City Centre, and attempted to locate a hotel to stay the night. "We gotta find somewhere cheap, I don't have much cash really," Judy groaned. "I can't wait to get some rest." Nick nodded. Then his eyes widened. "Hey, there's a donut place over there! Wanna get one?" He asked. Judy's eyes widened as well. "For sure! I'm starving!" Judy agreed happily.
"Wow!" Judy said, eyeing all the different donuts. "How am I meant to choose! There's so many!" Nick looked at them. "I've already decided Carrots, so the pressures on you," Nick said smirking. Judy elbowed him lightly, rolling her eyes. "I'll have the Carrot one please," Judy said politely. The worker handed her a bag and the two cops walked out of the store."Yum yum and yum," Nick said, polishing off his donut before Judy had even took hers out the bag. "Wow Nick, you were hungry!" Judy chuckled. Looking around, she saw a hotel nearby, wasn't the fanciest but it looked cheap enough. "Look Nick, a hotel! Shall we go there?" She asked, pointing. "Sure Carrots, I don't care where we go as long as there's a bed and a roof," Nick agreed.
Judy flung open the door and marched into the hotel room, throwing herself on the bed. "Finally!" She said dramatically. Nick shook his head. "Always with the drama Judy," he said, tutting. Judy rolled her eyes. "Hey, my legs are shorter than yours, so technically I had to walk more than you," she protested. Nick burst out laughing. "Your so cute when your mad," he said. Judy frowned. "Don't call me cute," she said, faking anger. "But whyyyy," Nick whined. Judy sat up. "I don't like it," she said, turning away. Nick shook his head. "Weirdo," he muttered under his breath. "Stupid sly smelly fox," Judy shouted back. "Dumb, annoying bunny," Nick yelled. "Okay that's enough," Judy snorted, gesturing for Nick to keep it down. Nick sat down on the sofa and put on the television, and patted the space beside him. Judy hopped off the bed and shyly walked over to the sofa. Sitting beside him, she stared at the screen. On the outside, her expression was blank. But on the inside her mind was racing. When does he want to "cuddle?" Now? Later? She was so confused, and every thought she thought of made her more nervous.
Nick was thinking the same thing. He didn't know when to make his move. Should he pull her in for a cuddle now? Should he do it later? Would she be accepting of it? Or would she push him away. There was only one way to find out.
Nick stretched out his arms, yawning silently. Heart racing, he placed his arm around Judy and pulled her close to him.
Judy felt a warm touch on her shoulders as she realised what was happening. Nick pulled her close to his chest, she could feel his warmth close to her. He looked nervous, so the least she could do was to help him feel at ease. Placing her hands on his chest, she nuzzled her head into his chest. Nick looked down at her and smiled. Thank goodness, it worked. "I love you dumb bunny," Nick whispered into her ear. Judy looked into his sparkling emerald eyes and smiled sweetly. "I love you sly fox," she said, planting a light kiss on his cheek. Nicks whole body had a rushing sensation at the feeling of her lips on his cheek. He felt loved, for the first time in his life.
"This," he said. "This is cuddling." Judy rolled her eyes. "I knew that," she smirked. Nick cocked an eyebrow. "Then why did you make such a fuss Carrots! Did you think we'd rush into more things!" He asked, not leaving her gaze. Judy blushed. "No! Well.. m-maybe, but that's because of what you said, you sly fox!" She said poking his chest. "Oh yeah, blame it all on me, dumb bunny. Not that I'm suggesting anything, but just remember this one thing. Don't hold back - do what your heart wants," Nick said. Judy looked down, and then looked up at him again. What did she want? She wanted to kiss him. But not just kiss him. She wanted to grab his collar, tug his fur... Wait what? What was she saying? This was too soon! She just couldn't! What if.... Judy's trail of though was cut off suddenly. Nick had pulled her in for a kiss, his arms around her waist. Judy grabbed his collar like she had thought, as the kiss got deeper. They had never gone this far, any kiss they had had was a quick peck. Nick stood up, carrying Judy to the bed, never stopping the kiss. Laying down, Judy pulled away, looking at Nick surprised. Nick looked afraid. "I'm sorry, Judy, I wasn't thinking straight.." Nick was cut off by Judy's finger on his lips, silencing him. Tugging on his tie, she smirked slightly. She pulled it, bringing him closer to her, kissing him once more. Nick wrapped an arm round her small body bringing her close. Suddenly, a familiar sound was heard coming from Nicks pocket. "Beep! Beep!" The pair sprang apart in shock. Nick pulled something out of his pocket. His phone. Judy eyed it suspiciously. He rarely got phone calls, and if anyone ever did it would be Finnick. Looking at the caller, Nick's heart sank.
It was Roxy.

I was deliberating over whether to include the pair kissing like that in the story or not... I just felt as if the story needed more excitement! Comment what you think so far