Chapter 23

Judy's purple eyes widened, her pink nose beginning to twitch in excitement. "You do?" She trembled. "Nick? Could it really be true?" Her heart pounded. Everything she wanted was standing right in front of her. For him to remember her again would be a miracle. Things like this made her realise how much Nick meant to her. Yes, he's a fox. Yes, sometimes he can be extremely annoying. Yes, he could make her cry. But he was the love of her life, he was kind, he was compassionate, and he made her smile everyday. Ever since he lost all memory of her, her love for the fox had gotten stronger.
"Judy!!! It's Judy!! Your Judy!!" Nick shouted excitedly, shaking Judy by the shoulders.  Judy was taken aback by his sudden outburst. "Y-yes.. I'm Judy!!" She said slightly stunned.
"We're police officers! We're a couple!! I- it's all coming back!" Nick was so excited and overwhelmed, he punched the air in joy. "I can't believe this! I remember everything!! It's a miracle!!" Judy struggled to take it all in. "You sure?" She asked him. "You remember everything?" Nick nodded enthusiastically. "Of course!! The case in Silver City! The donuts! The..." he broke off, thinking about the incident in the hotel room. His voice wobbled, and he looked at Judy. "Carrots, you know I didn't cheat on you with Roxy, right?" He asked timidly. Judy looked back into his emerald eyes. "I forgot about her. I never told her we were together, so she must have just assumed I was still single. I'm sorry for how it looked. I'm sorry for upsetting you. I'm sorry--" Nick's speech was cut off by Judy's lips on his, kissing his cares away. Nick knelt down, kissing her back, not caring if any passerbys noticed. This was his girl, he loved her more than anything and anyone in the world. Stroking her long ears, he pulled away, standing up straight again. "I love you Judy." He stated simply, smiling at her with the greatest admiration. Judy beamed. "I love you too, sly fox." She smirked. Nick raised an eyebrow. "Dumb bunny," he laughed. Judy giggled. "It's good to have my Nick back," she let out, placing a paw on his shoulder. Nick looked at her. "And it's good to have my dumb bunny back," he said slyly, causing Judy to pout.
Moments later, the doctor walked back into the room, to see the pair as happy as can be. "Well?" The doctor asked. "Any memory of your past life, Mr Wilde?" Nick stood up proudly, Judy couldn't help but snigger behind him. "I'm happy to say that I can remember everything from my past life, Doc. Believe it or not, I know! But it all just.. came back!" Nick said happily. The doctor looked surprised. "It's only very rarely the patients memory comes back that quickly, if at all! You were one of the lucky ones, Mr Wilde." He said. "And I'm sure your.. friend... here, agrees." The doctor finished. "Your free to go, Mr Wilde!" Nick nodded. "Thanks for everything Doc, come on Judy, lets go!" Judy hopped off the bed and followed Nick out of the room, thanking the doctor also. The pair walked out of the hospital in silence, taking in all that had happened in the past 24 hours. Too much.
"Well after that escapade I'm in need of a holiday!" Joked Nick, scratching his head. Judy  giggled. "Well, at least we can get home now, and the criminals have been jailed. All we gotta do is go back to the hotel and check out!" Nick glanced at his watch. "3am! Damn, Judy, lets check out tomorrow. I think we can both agree that we need sleep, and lots of it. Besides, it'll be a nightmare trying to get back home at this time." Nick said. Judy nodded in agreement. "I think your right. Do you have any change? We need a taxi, it'll take all night to find our way back to the hotel." Nick fumbled in his pockets, but the sound of jingling coins was abundant. He tried to find his wallet, his face falling when he remembered he left it at home, just like Judy. She sighed. "I guess we're gonna have to trek it." Nick looked at her apologetically. "Sorry Judy," he mumbled. Judy found his paw and intertwined it with hers, holding it tight. "It's okay, don't worry about it." She said. Nick smiled, bending down and kissing her cheek. "Thanks carrots," he whispered. He owed her so much for sticking by him through everything. Looking down, he admires her beauty. He was so lucky, this bunny meant the world to him.

Once again apologies for slow updates, I hope you guys are enjoying this fan fiction and thanks so much for all the reads, I really appreciate it!❤️❤️