Chapter 7

Judy's eyes slowly opened, and widened when she attempted to make sense of her surroundings. "Where am I?" she thought to herself. She was under a bridge. In a box. Oh no.
Shaking, Judy dared to look down. Below her, it was, Nick. She has slept in the same bed as him? This couldn't be good.
Nick woke up with a grunt, and smiled as soon as he laid eyes on Judy. "Morning," he said. Judy was still in shock. "Did we sleep together?" She asked, turning to face him. She was till sitting on top of him. "Well, you slept on top of me as this box is very smile, but yeah, we were talking and you just, fell asleep," chuckled Nick. Judy hopped off him and landed on the cold ground. "But.." She mumbled. Nick looked at her. "What?" He asked, slightly concerned. "We're just friends Nick..." Judy trailed off. Looking up at Nick, he seemed hurt. She had to say something. After all, she was the one crazy in love with this fox. Wait what?
"Aren't we?" She then said. Nick sighed. "It's not that big a deal Carrots," he simply said, grabbing his uniform and walking out to the stream. Judy sat down on the ground sighing. What was happening? Did he feel the same way. It was possible.
Nick soon returned, in his uniform and ready to go. Judy was still in hers from the night before. "Ready?" He asked. Judy nodded. Nick knelt down beside her. "There's something wrong, Judy, I can tell," he said. Their noses were almost touching, Judy could feel her cheeks getting warmer. Her breathing quickened. "We slept together Nick!!" She let out. "Only couples do that! You should have stopped me! I feel so terrible!" Nick was stunned. "Judy, what's the big fuss! We're best friends! It's not like anything happened!" He said loudly. Judy looked at him. "You're right Nick. I overreacted again, I'm sorry," Judy said, her ears drooping. But it hadn't left her mind yet. As they walked to the ZPD, Nick talked about random things, but Judy only gave the occasional acknowledgement. She really liked this fox. Everyday, she fell in love with him a little more. She held it in, because a fox and a bunny? That just wasn't right. Rage had spread about Zootopia several times about inter-special relationships, most people were against them. But she still loved him so much. He was so handsome. But she couldn't be with him. She had to find someone else, to get her mind off her feelings.
"Judy? Judy?!" Judy awoke from her thoughts to hear Nick calling her name. "Oh! What?" She shouted. "We're here," Nick laughed, pointing at the door to the ZPD. "Oh! Of course!" Judy giggled nervously, walking through the door. "Morning Clawhauser!" She said cheerfully. "Oh hey Judy! Hey Nick!" Clawhauser cheered. The pair went into their office together. Judy had to tell him her feelings. She couldn't bottle it up forever.
Nick on the other hand, was confused. "Does she love me? Was she embarrassed? Does she think I love her?" He thought. When he called her pretty, he had meant it. He had always thought it from the moment he laid eyes on her in the cafe. But did he really truly love her?
"Nick, I found an apartment and it looks really cool! And it's not that expensive either!" Judy called from her desk. On his chair, Nick wheeled over beside her to have a look. "What do you think? Wanna book a viewing?" Judy asked, smiling. Nick looked at her worriedly. "Will they give it to me though? I mean, I am a fox," he sighed. Judy gave him a pat of reassurance. "Not all people are the same Nick!" She said. Nick looked up. She was right. It was worth a shot. "Okay," Nick smiled. "After work?" Judy nodded. "Well, this will be your apartment, so you can ring them and book it! Here's the number," she said, pointing to the computer screen. Nick gulped. Paws shaking, he took his cell phone and dialled the number.
Nick: Hello?
Receiver: Hello this is Oakland Apartments, how may I help you?
Nick: Um, well I saw one of your apartments online, it's number 12. Would I be able to book a viewing please?
Receiver: Yes of course! What time would suit you? We can take you round today until 7:30pm
Nick: Um, would 7:00 do?
Receiver: Okay, could we have your name please?
Nick: Nick Wilde
Receiver: Okay Nick, we'll meet you outside the apartment building at 7:00! Thank you!
Nick: Thank you, bye!
Receiver: Bye now!

Setting the phone down and taking a breath, Nick turned to face Judy. "See!" She beamed. "That wasn't so hard!" Nick sighed. "Yeah, but they still don't know that I'm a fox!" He said. "Don't worry, Nick! Times have changed! For all you know, the saleswoman could be a fox!" Judy said, trying to stay positive. Nick perked up. A female fox? It's better than falling for a bunny rabbit.
"Okay, you two, we did the DNA test, and turns out that that fur belonged to a fox! No Nick, it wasn't you however, it was this girl," Chief Bogo said, showing the pair a picture of a beautiful fox. Nick's eyes widened. She was certainly attractive. Judy peered at him gawking at the picture. Overcome with jealousy, she crossed her arms and pouted. "She's still alive, but she's currently in hospital. You need to go and interview her, and try to get as much information as possible about where those two cats went. By the way, her names Roxy Smithton," Bogo said, handing them the picture. Eyeing it gleefully, Nick nodded. "We'll be right on it sir," he said. Judy slumped off her chair and followed behind. She couldn't be angry at him, it wasn't fair. He was obviously going to attracted to foxes. Not bunnies. But he didn't need to be so obvious about it. She spoke up. "Nick, you seem to like that picture of Roxy!" She said, nudging him playfully. Nick looked at her. "Well of course! She's quite pretty," he said, putting the picture in his pocket hastily. Judy looked down, but soon felt Nick's hand bringing her chin up. His face close to hers, he whispered. "But not as pretty as you." Judy's heart felt like it was going to explode out of her chest. Nick smiled, and let go of her. "I hope you remember that Judy."