Chapter 11

Judy pulled away and smiled. "I love you Nick," she smiled. But Nick wasn't smiling. He was shaking. He looked scared. "Nick?" Judy asked worriedly. "Is everything okay?" Nick pushed her away and turned. "No, it's not," he said grabbing his coat. "We can't do this Judy. I can't be with you. I love you, but, we can't do this. It won't end well. I'm sorry." A large lump rose in Judy's throat. A silent tear slid down her cheek. "How could you..." She whispered. "How could I what?" Nick said firmly. "How could you kiss me, and- and then just tell me we can't be together?! Nick... you should go," Judy cried. Nick looked hurt. Slamming the door behind him, he was gone. Judy sank in a heap on the floor. Head between her knees, she wept. She wept and wept for hours. She thought she had a chance. Her dad was right. Have dreams, but don't believe in them too much.
Nick stormed towards the bridge, holding back tears. What had he done? How could he kiss her like that? What was he thinking? Bunny and fox, it would never work. He felt horrible for leading Judy to believe it could be possible.
Pulling the rag of a blanket over his shivering body, he closed his eyes. Thinking of Judy, crying her eyes out. Then suddenly, his phone rang. Glancing at it, to his surprise it was an unknown number. Oh no.
It was Roxy.
Answer? Or don't answer? Nick racked his brains trying to make a decision. The phone stopped ringing. Setting it down, he tried to get some shut eye. But thoughts of Judy kept flashing in his mind. He had been caught up in the moment, and then it just happened. He instantly regretted it after, and that's what hurt the most.
Back at Judy's, she was sitting on the sofa, motionless. Nick was right. They couldn't be together. But what was stopping them? Who cares what people think? As long as they are happy together, is that not all that matters? Touching her lips, she remembered the kiss. His lips were so soft against hers. He was her first kiss. How she was she could relive that moment. Getting off the chair, she walked towards her bedroom. She was tired, some sleep would do her good.
Nick tossed and turned all night. Maybe they could be an item. If they hid it in public, it would work. He loved her so much. He couldn't end the special friendship, instead, he should make what they have already even better. But would Judy even want to talk to him ever again? What if she resigned from being his partner?

Judy woke up with the sun blinding her. Rubbing her eyes, she remembers the events of last night and sunk back into bed sadly. "Oh Nick," she sighed. "Getting into her uniform, she grabbed a carrot and ate it as she checked her phone. A missed call from Nick. What could he want at 2:34am in the morning?
As Judy walked towards the ZPD, she kept her head down. After last night, she was exhausted and upset. "Hey Judy!" She heard that familiar voice. "Hey Clawhauser," she said trying to appear happy. "Nick was asking if you you here, he's in the office now," he said. "Thanks,"Judy said, walking towards her office. Now she had to face him. Would he even want to talk to her, let alone be in the same room as her?
Slowly, she opened the door. There was Nick. He seemed.. Different. He would usually greet her when she walked though the door. He didn't even as much as look at her. Judy slowly walked over to the desk and sat quietly beside him, not saying a word. "Hey," Nick said suddenly. Judy turned to face him, surprised. "Hey Nick," she said. Nick sighed. "I'm sorry about last night," he said, not looking her in the eye. "I didn't think. I couldn't help myself." Judy looked down. "It's okay," she murmured. "I just thought we could be together like a couple." Instantly regretting what she said, she nervously glanced at him. "I wish we could Carrots," Nick said. "But we can't. People won't react very well to it." Judy's nose twitched. "Who cares?" She said defiantly. Nick look shocked. "Judy? Your a bunny! Prey! I'm a fox! Predator! See the pattern! Just drop it already, I apologised, what more do you want?" He said arrogantly. Judy was hurt, but she wasn't willing to let it go. "I want to be with you Nick," she cried. "When you kissed me, you crushed me straight after! How could you?" Nick stood up. "Judy. Let me get this straight. I did like you okay! I admitted it! And you admitted the same to me. But it's just not right! I need to find myself a girlfriend, and you need to find a nice, BUNNY, boyfriend," he said, ensuring he exaggerated the word "bunny". Judy felt the tears rolling down her cheeks. "How could you be so mean Nick! I thought you were nice!" She said pouting. "I'm just trying to spare your feelings! I don't us to run into anything that won't end well. I just want you to he happy Carrots!" Nick said. "Well you've done a very bad job of that, Nick." Judy said, getting up to leave. "W-Wait!! Don't leave Judy!" Nick said frantically grabbing her arm. Judy violently shook it off. "Don't touch me Nick. I don't want to talk to you right now, I need space to think," she said, turning around. Nick sighed. Judy stormed out of the room. Heading to the ZPD cafe, she had to stop herself from crying. It was too hard. It's hard when the person she loved so much couldn't accept it. Why couldn't he? Was he scared? Was he scared of what people would say? What they would do? What they would think?

Hi guys, I'm suffering from a bit of writers block at the moment, I don't know what should happen next! I might not update as frequently as I think of something, but if you have any ideas or suggestions do comment!