Chapter 14

Judy's legs turned to jelly as she and Nick got closer to the plane. She had proved herself to be a tough cookie on many cases, but now, for the first time, she felt truly afraid.
Noticing how scared she was, Nick reached for Judy's paw. Squeezing it tight, he smiled reassuringly. "You'll be okay," he said. Judy smiled weakly.
The two found their seats in the plane and sat down, Nick by the window and Judy beside him. Fastening her belt as tight as it would go, Judy took a deep breath. "It's really not all that bad Carrots. It just feels like you're in a bus, or a train!" Nick said. Judy closed her eyes. Maybe if she fell asleep she would miss the whole thing.
"Welcome to Zootopia Airlines." Judy was jolted awake by the speakers. They began running through the safety precautions and the location of the oxygen masks, which made Judy feel worse. "We are now ready for takeoff." Judy swallowed the lump in her throat. Shyly, she reached for Nick's paw, which was already on its way to meet her. Nick planted a quick kiss on her forehead. His touch made her feel a reassuring, warm feeling inside. Being next to him was just enough to make her feel safe.
A loud noise was heard as the planes engine revved up. Slowly, but surely, it got closer and closer to the runway. Glancing nervously out the window, Judy tried to stay calm. She wouldn't die on this thing. But if she did, at least she would be with the one she truly loved.
The plane finally made it to the main runway. Getting faster and faster, Judy's heart hammered. A strange sensation ran through her body as the plane lifted off the ground. She shut her eyes tight, never letting go of Nick's paw. Then suddenly, it all stopped. Judy opened one eye and looked out of the window cautiously. Nothing but blue skies and fluffy white clouds. Nick was right. There really was nothing to fear. Smiling in relief, Judy was able to relax. "See Carrots, I told you it wasn't anything to be afraid of," Nick said. Judy smiled. "You were right Nick. I guess it's just me, kicking up a fuss avoid nothing like I usually do!" She laughed.
Judy slept for the majority of the two hour flight. She was overcome with exhaustion from the past week, and now was her only chance to relax for a while. She was having on and off dreams, each involving Nick, some being good, and others not so good. She was awake now, and was planning on staying awake for the rest of the flight, before she had any more bad dreams.
"Judy, you are the most beautiful girl in the world," Nick said. The pair were sitting at a restaurant in Silver City, enjoying a meal together. Judy blushed shyly. "Thank you Nick," she whispered. "I couldn't have got on that plane without you." Nick smiled. "Oh Carrots, you bunnies are so emotional," he chuckled. "You slept the whole time." Judy giggled. "Most of my dreams were about you," she said laughing. Nick smirked. "We'll have you seen me? I'm the guy of every girls dreams," he said jokingly. Judy burst into laughter. After the pair stopped laughing, Nick looked at her. "But more seriously, I have something I need to ask you," he said. Judy's heart beat faster. But not in a good way. He wasn't going to propose to her was he? They had only been an item for a day, it couldn't be possible. Maybe he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend? Of course she'd say yes!
Oh no. He's got a box. This can't be happening. "N-Nick, I can't. I can't marry you," Judy blurted, tears brimming in her eyes. The hurt in his face. She wanted to, but she couldn't. It was way to soon, it was crazy! "I thought you loved me," Nick said, putting the box back in his pocket angrily. Judy began to weep uncontrollably. "I do Nick.. I love y--" "And you reject me?" Nick cut her off. Judy was shocked. "No! It's too soon! I want it to happen someday.. Nick?! Nick wait! Nick!!!!"
Judy awoke with a jump. Looking around she realised she was still in the plane. It was all just a crazy dream! Sighing a huge sigh of relief, Judy tried to relax once more. "You okay Judy?" Nick asked suddenly. "Oh- yeah I just had a bad dream that's all," Judy stuttered. "What about?" Nick asked. No! She couldn't tell him! Judy racked her brains trying to think. "Oh, a clown was chasing me! You know, the classical terrifying one with a chainsaw." She explained sheepishly. Nick cocked an eyebrow. "Really?" He asked. "Cos you murmured "Nick, I love you," several times," he said. Judy went bright red. "Oh... Maybe that's not all... Essentially what happened... Turns out you rescued me and.." Judy tried to explain but Nick was smirking, with a face that speaks "I don't believe a word your saying." Judy sank in her seat, blushing nervously. Nick put his head close to her ear. "At least I know you love me," he whispered. Judy smiled shyly. "So tell me the dream." Judy's face fell. "Oh it doesn't really matter it's nothing," she said trying to shake it off. She would only upset him, and she couldn't do that, not when things were going so well. "Judy.... Just spit it out! In sure it can't be that bad," Nick said, getting impatient. "You might get upset!" Judy argued. "It's a dream, so it can't be real!" Nick said. Judy sighed, agitated. "Fine! You asked me to marry you." She let let out. Nick smiled, shaking his head. "And what did you say?" He asked. Judy looked at him sadly. "I said no."

I feel like I leave all chapters on a cliffhanger! Is that a good or bad thing? Comment what you think so far xo