Chapter 13

The pair sat on the kerb in silence for quite some time, trying to take in what had happened. Nick was right all along. People weren't going to accept their relationship. And they had made an even bigger problem for themselves now, word will soon spread and everyone in Zootopia will find out. Judy let out a large sigh. "We should get going," she said, standing up. "We have a case to get on with." Nick stood up after her. "You're right." He said gruffly. "Shouldn't we bring a suitcase? We may have to stay overnight," Judy said, thinking. "To your apartment," said Nick. "Only problem is... where are we?" Judy looked around. The place definitely did not look familiar. "We're lost!" She cried. "No no no we're not lost!" Nick said, attempting to calm her down. "We just need to walk about and try and find our way back to the centre of Zootopia." Judy nodded. Turning to go the way they came, they began walking.
"Nick, are you sure we aren't walking away from Zootopia?" Judy groaned, dragging her heels. "I'm tired." Nick laughed. "Away from Zootopias that way," he said, pointing. "We just gotta keep moving forward." The pair walked for another hour, when at last, Zootopia City Centre came into view. "We're finally here!" Judy said in relief. "Do you think we could take the RV Nick?" Nick thought. "We could... But it would cost a lot to park it at the airport. We should just get a taxi," he said.
Judy and Nick finally made it to her apartment. Walking in, Judy frantically ran to her bedroom, and heaved her tiny suitcase out of her wardrobe. Nick chuckled. "That's cute," he said, smirking. Judy pouted. "Don't call me cute," she said. Nick knelt down. "I didn't call you cute, I called the suitcase cute," he said, smiling mockingly. Judy just rolled her eyes and continued packing. "Okay I think that's enough!" She said, a bag full of clothes. "How much stuff do you need? We stay in our uniforms, silly." Nick chuckled. "Well I need pajamas, an outfit for relaxing in, a fancy outfit, an outfit for-" "Okay Carrots I get it," he said, cutting her off.
Judy was just grabbing some final things when Nicks walkie talkie began to buzz. Taking it out, he looked confused. "Who is it?" Judy asked curiously. "It's chief Bogo," Nick said nervously. "You don't think he..." Answering the phone, Nick gulped. "Hello?" He asked warily.
"Nick! I heard you were the centre of an angry mob this morning! Mind telling me what happened?" Bogo roared down the phone. Judy heard every word, and signalled for Nick not to mention the kiss. "Oh, yeah, I um.... gave Judy a hug, and everyone thought I was kissing her. Bit weird if you ask me," Nick said casually. "Humph," Bogo said. "Well, okay then. But I'm warning you, I've got my eye on both of you," he said firmly. Nick scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Uh.. Okay!" He said. Nick put his walkie talkie back in his pocket and sighed. "He knows," he said. Judy's face fell. "Do you think anyone got pictures? If Chief Bogo sees.... Nick we're done for." She cried. "You were right. This is all my fault." Nick shook Judy angrily. "How could it be your fault? Judy, if people can't accept that we love each other, well then that's their problem. I love you, and nothing will change that." He said, looking deep into her purple eyes. Kneeling down, he kissed her softly. "And that's my proof," he said, pulling away. "Let's get out of here." Judy's touched her lips, still tingling after the kiss. He was such a good kisser.
"Hey, can we get a cab to Zootopia City Airport? Yeah. Thanks," Nick said. The pair were now at the taxi station, ready to head off to Silver City. Judy was full of nerves. This was her first time going in a plane, and something about going high in the air scared her. But she knew with Nick by her side, everything would be okay.
"You okay Carrots?" Nick asked, touching her arm gently. Judy jolted at his touch. "Y-yes, I'm fine, a little nervous I guess," she stammered. "What for?" Nick questioned. Judy shuffled her feet shyly. "This is my first time flying. I know I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, but still." She explained. Nick held her paw. "It's okay. There's nothing to be afraid of," he whispered smiling. Judy smiled back, hands intertwined with his.
"Taxi for Wilde!" A voice on the speakers above was heard. "That's us! Come on Carrots!" Nick said, getting up off the chair. Judy grabbed her suitcase and followed.
Hours later the pair had managed to get through security and checked in Judy's suitcase, and were now waiting for the plane to arrive. Judy turned in her seat to look out the window at the planes taking off. Her stomach began to sink in fear. It couldn't be that terrifying could it?
"It's okay Carrots," a reassuring voice numbed the fear inside of her. "Trust me, there's nothing to fear." Judy smiled. "Thanks Nick. As long as you sit by the window." She said, nudging him jokingly. "I'm really glad Bogo put us on this case," Nick said. "Really?" Judy asked, surprised. "Why?" Nick smiled and looked at her nobody has ever looked at her before. "Because I get to spend it with the girl I love, of course!" He said, touching her paw lightly. "Aw," Judy cooed. "That's so sweet Nick." Nick smiled. "I am quite charming, I must say," he joked, flexing his muscles. "Nick! We are in public remember," Judy giggled. Nick stopped flexing and sat down. "Okay Carrots, don't handcuff me," he said smirking slightly. Judy rolled her eyes.
"The flight to Silver City airport is now ready to board from terminal 3. Please ensure you have all your belongings and your boarding pass and passport ready for inspection." A voice over the speakers announced. Judy's throat went dry in fear. This was it.