Chapter 18

It was a few weeks after Seb and Clary meet that he found her silently crying into a pillow on her couch. The smile he was wearing disappeared from his face as he looked at her face.

"Clary?" he called out to her. She looked up and wiped her tears away.

"Oh Seb. I'm sorry I didn't think that you would be back so soon." She gave him a sad smile. He didn't believe her for a second since her eyes were still rimmed with red and there were still tears glistening in them.

"What's wrong, amor?" He walked over and sat down next to her. She pulled her legs under her and he took one of her hands in his. He pressed a kiss against her skin that made her smile a bit.  He was so kind and lovable even though he had been through so much.

"I...I'm" her lip trembled and she looked away from his worried face. He could feel her fear and nervousness.

"No matter what you say. Will change the way I feel about you. I'll never leave you or hurt you. I rather die then hurt you." He pulled her face toward him. He rubbed his nose against hers.

"Seb I'm pregnant."

Their dream left them as she woke up to someone in her room. She opened her eyes and looked up at Alec. His face was nervous and pale.

"Little Luke is with your family I came to get you so we can meet them in library." She got up and grabbed her baby before they left her room. She knew something was wrong before they walked in. She looked all around the room but she couldn't find him.

"Where is he?" She looked towards Jose. He couldn't meet her eyes she noticed. Maria was next to him holding on to her husbands arms. Maria's face was ash stricken she kept looking down at the floor. Charlotte was crying in Chun cho's arms and Alex was sitting down with Little Luke. Little Luke ran towards his mom and held on to her leg. "Where is he?"

Clary wanted to scream but held herself back since her boys where in the room.

"Clary calm down." Luke pleaded towards his only child. He knew something went terrible wrong when the men had return.

"Where is he? Please just tell me." There were tears springing to her eyes.

"I'm sorry." Jose looked up at her

"No." she whispered. They stared at each other.

"They came out of no where. They surrounded us but... but..."

"It was like they only wanted him. They kept pushing and throwing us out of there way to get to him." Chun Cho said rubbing his hands up and down his face. Clary's face was blank and made out of glass. The room grew colder the longer she didn't say anything. This wasn't the reaction they had all expected. They expected her to go crazy and scream. They expected her to race out of room and go find him.

" It's no one's fault except my own." She whispered pulling her boys closer. She moves Mason around so he rest on her shoulder so she can bend down and pull little Luke up into her arms again. 

"It isn't your fault." Charlotte wipes her tears away as she speaks.

"We all know who took him. My brother wouldn't have taken him if he wasn't the only thing  that he could use to get at me with." Clary grew angry as she kept standing her. "Chun Cho can you and Charlotte watch the kids." She asked handing over the boys to them as they nodded.

"Clary. mi..." Maria walked over and tried to touch Clary but the young girl ripped her arm away as she rushed toward her room. She walked into the bathroom and locked the door.

She paced in front of the mirror trying to not to let her tears fall.  She turned on the shower hoping the sound would help her calm down.  she stopped in front of the mirror and looked up at her self . She wasn't alone.

Seb stood behind her. He wrapped his arms around her. She could barley feel his arms around her. Her tears fell as he lean his head against her cheek. His lips moved across her skin before he pulled away to whisper in her ear.

"I'm so sorry mi amour."  After she tried to hold onto him as long as she could but he faded away. As soon as he was gone she fell down onto knees crying out for the love of her life.