Chapter 14 What if?

Jace's pov
I am officially confused. Something big was going on i could tell you that. But i had no idea what was going on at this moment in the library. Everyone was sitted at a long table except Seb and his brothers who kept pacing occasionally stoping to go what if... nah to each other. Clary who was rocking herself eyeing Seb and the boys from an armchair. Luke who stood next to the table , his grandson on his hip, looking at clary with an expression of worry and fear.
This had been going on for about two hours now and we where no where near knowing anything.
" What if it actually was a vision?" Alex stops and looks at all of us before his eyes lock on Clary's. "You've had them before haven't you?"
"Well ya but they usually end up with some sort of new rune idea or something crazy happening." Clary's voice is as soft as a kitten. Anyone can tell that whatever happened in her "vision" has made her fearful of about everything going around her.
"What do you mean crazy?" Maria stands and sits on the arm rest of Clary's seat.
"Like jace and Sebastian showing up out of thin air." We all give her a weird look for her choice of example.
"We all need a break lets go take a moment to collect ourselves."Maryse asks yet no one moves.
" I think it was a vision the only question is from who?"Clary asks.
"Isn't it obvious we don't know." I say.
"Think about it wasn't from the angel or Sebastian would have had black wings. It wasn't from Sebastian because then in the end I wouldn't have came back to you I would have fallen for him."
"Maybe it was him but your just to stuborrn to bend to his will." I say locking my eyes with her. Neither one of us looks away for awhile.
How could I have cheated on her? Why did I ever even consider it? She was everything I needed? She gave me strengthen when I was weak? She believed in me when no eles did? She faught for me?
Even now while she's in the arms of another man. I can't help but love her.
"Ugh we are getting no where. Lets just wait for dad maybe he will know whats up? What time is he coming with Mason?" Chun cho asks as he walks out with his family Clary and her son included but before she walks out I yell.
"Clary. .." she turns around and looks at me with her beautiful green eyes. "We need to talk." Seb looks over and glares at me before he takes his son into his arms and whispers in Clary's ear. As she nods he gruntes before Clary kisses him and pushes him out of the room gigling as he kisses her a couple more times before leaving.
"Lets go talk in the green house." She says walking out expecting me to follow. Everyone eles in the room seems shocked even me.
I race to the green house my heart beating a thousands miles a second. This is it. This is the moment we both let everything out in the open and see what we have left after.
Finally entering the greenhouse I see clary where we shared our first kiss. She gently runs her fingers against the buds of the flowers.
"You know I don't hate you right?" She shockes me as the words leave her mouth.
"Why not? You do realize you really should right?" She sits down and I do the same keeping the distance between us.
"I know I should but ... I can't." She looks up at me with a sad smile.
" I hate myself for doing it." I murmur as she slides over sits right next to me.
"Why'd you do it then?" I grab her hand and hold it in mine.
" I don't even know. I was angry and went out the night before and then ended up in bed with her."
"Why were you angry?"
"Look at what was happening Clary. I felt like I couldn't even protect you. I felt like a disappointment. Like Jocelyn was right and all I need just ended up hurting you. Sometimes I wish I had never met you so you could still be happy and safe in the mundane world." I feel her punch me in the shoulder with the hand I'm not holding.
"Your an idiot. I'm happy here in the shadow world. That mundane life was a lie." We sit silent were a while longer till she asks. "Did ever cheat on me before her?" I look over and grab her face in both of my hands.
"No clary god no. You were and still are everything I need." She looks up with tears in her eyes. "How did we end up like this?" I asks
"What do you mean?" She rubs her the tears away.
"I mean your a mom and i'm no longer right are all the time." She laughs.
" I don't even know." She lays her head on my shoulder. "But I know I wouldn't change it for the world."
" So what do we do from here?" I ask laying my head on hers.
"Well we don't hate each other so we can still be friends."
"Friends... like the bloodsucker." She punches me again.
"Leave him alone. We can be best friends. We kinda have to be for Luke."
" what does your dad have to fo with us?"
"Not him smart one. My ... our son." She gives a shaky breath. Though my heart pounds with all this new information. I feel something in my heart slowy come together again. "Though maybe my dad will try to kill you less since we are frinds now. And Seb wants to talk to you later tonight." I snort.
"Ya right." She pushes me down onto the floor and pins me down before i even realize whats happening.
"Hey." I complain.
"If you want to be friends then you have to be nice to Seb." She says. I look up into her eyes and know that I have to atleast give it a shot. I nod my head slowly.
"When?"
" At ten meet him at the elevators." She gets up and dust herself off before she leaves.
I lay there thinking over her words. "We'll be friends". How when I love her like this? But I will try. I have to.
Walking back downstairs I see Alec and Izzy waiting for me.
"We need to talk." Izzy says as they both follow me to my room. Alec sits at the end of my bed. While I lay down and relax watching Izzy pace across the floor.
"What happened between you two?" She asks.
"Between who?" I ask smirking at her.
"Between Clary and you."
"Nothing." I say. I really have alot to figure out for myself and Izzy asking me questions right now isn't helping. I need to clear my head before tonight. Things between me and Seb have to go good. We don't need to be friends we just need to come to an understanding.
"Uhhh. Well do you atleast know who's coming? Did Clary say something to you about tonight?" " No Iz she did not. We talked about our past and future not the present."
"How'd that go?" Alec chuckles out.
"Not to bad. Have you talked to Seb or any of them?" I hope he has so he can give me some pointers on how to get on his good side.
"Not really. Why?" I groan in annoyance. I hate that in this situation I have to go in blind. I have no idea about my enemy what so ever at this point.
"Stop making that face. He's not your enemy." Alec says standing up. "Come on we can talk later lets go train." As the words leave his mouth Izzy and I race out of my room pushing and shoving each other out of the way.

¤¤ Few Hours Later¤¤

Walking into the kitchen Iz, Alec, and myself catch the happy little family and ours.
Spanish music comes blaring out of a boombox. Maria and Charlotte are cooking. Seb, Chun cho, and Alex all sit at the table with our family playing cards. Seb has his son in his lap teaching him the game while still eyeing the dancing Clary. And I really can't blame him.
The blue jeans she wears hug her swaying hips perfectly. The black wedges do wonders for her legs. And the red crop top she has on all I can say is wow.
She keeps dancing and singing to the music. Occasionally twirling to the fridge to get beers for her brother or some ingredient for Maria. And all the while I keep watching even when Alec and Iz sit down. Even when Maryse calls me. I don't move. I barley even breathe till I see Seb get up and pulls Clary into his arms.
Anger and Jealous plague me. As I watch them dance. The way her hands are in his. How he kisses her neck when they get close. I can hear cheers and laughter all around the room till the sound of a portal can be heard.
The room grows quiet till little Luke shouts with joy and runs out. His family follows and so do we.
By the time we get to the Library all of clary's family is hugging a man who looks like an older version of Chun cho. Then I notice seb is holding a few month old baby boy with Clary's arms wrapped around his waist and her son on her back.They look like the perfect family.
"Who is that?" I hear Simon ask.
"Sorry. This is my dad Jose."Chun cho says clapping his hand onto his fathers shoulder then looks over at the baby.
"This is our other son, Mason." Sebs says. And my world goes crashing down.