Chapter 7 Never!

Jace pov

" Its done." Magnus says looking to Seb. He jumps up and races down the stairs. I race after him my heart jumping. The sight at the bottom of the stairs is shocking. So shocking I have to take a step back thinking that I'm in a nightmare. I can't understand this. How is this happening right now. I look behind Valentine, Amatis,and Sebastian all standing in front of a portal with an unconscious Clary and Luke. Everything slows down as I hear Seb scream out for Clary. I notice the terrible trio is about to leave through the portal I take a step forward.

Valentine has Luke in his arms he gives a grinning Amatis and Sebastian a nod. Sebastian lays clary on the floor giving Valentine her hand . Valentine drags the love of my life and carries my son through the portal.  I look at Seb and he looks at me. We give each other a nod before rushing toward the portal. Yes we may hate each other but when it comes to Clary and Little Luke we are on the same ground. 

Amatis tackles me to the ground were we begin to  wrestle. I look over to see that Seb and Sebastian stand a few feet away from the portal fighting. I make sure that Seb can handle his own before I throw another punch at Amatis. We engage in a deadly dance. I hear someone yell in pain. I look over to the other men for a spilt second before I feel hands grip my neck. The hands push me up against the wall my feet dangle in the air as I try to pry Amatis hand off.

"Oh Jonathan. What's wrong?" Amatis giggles as I gasp for breath. I dig my fingers into her hand. She loosens her grip enough for me to answer her but not enough for me to get free. I forgotten how strong the dark shadowhunters were.

"I'm looking at you that's what wrong." I tell her. Looking at her face I see it was the wrong thing to say. She pulls me away from the wall tightening her grip on my neck and then slams me over and over into the wall. Blood leaks down my neck . I see black dotting my vision. I can't feel anything now. I can barley see now.

I hear someone grunt and then the grip on my throat is gone. I slip down to the ground leaning my head back on to the wall. There is a burning sensation on my arm. I sigh as the affects of the iratze  take place.

"I though you were one of the best shadowhunters of this generation. I guess I was wrong." Seb says standing above me. I look beside him and notice an unconscious Amatis.

"How did you?"

"You all should really learn to hide your weapons better." He says swinging Roberts sword through the air.

"What happened to Sebastian?"

"After he turned it into a sword fight I managed to get a clean hit in his shoulder and chest. He ended up running away through the portal. It closed just as he jumped through." We turn our faces toward the stairs as we hear feet running down them.

"What took you guys so long?" I ask looking at everyone with an accusing look.

"Breaking down that barrier took a lot out of me I could only keep it open long enough for you two to get on the stairs." Magnus says.

"What is she doing her?" Alec points everyone's attention down at Amatis's unconscious form. I see Luke look down and his face falls. The front door opens and Seb's family walks through. He doesn't notice as he tells everyone what happened.

"She along with Valentine and Sebastian Morgenstern came. The Morgenstern's manage to escape with Clary and our son. It was my fault that Sebastian got away. After he escaped I notice that Amatis was trying to kill Jace and almost succeed so I had to knock her out. I'm sorry Luke. I failed you all and worst I failed Clary and our son but I promise this I will never stop hunting them down till Clary and our son are back home with us." He looks down. No one moves as they take in this information.