Robin Hood (Barton x reader)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Pfft, yeah, okay," you scoffed, "keep the dream alive."  He turned to the door and held it open with a hand extended to allow you to exit first.  As you passed by it didn't escape you when he took a long, deep breath through his nose, taking in your perfume; the almost silent hum from deep in his chest could have been missed, but he wasn't making any attempt to hide it. 

"I can't wait to finally see you out there," Clint sighed, pulling himself back to reality.  "I've been here for two weeks waiting for this, so you had better live up to my ridiculous expectations."

"Mmm," you murmured, hurrying away towards the center ring to make your entrance as the opening act.  His footsteps were quietly moving up faster behind you but you didn't turn back again as to not risk giving yourself away; he may have read the guilt in your eyes if you looked at him now.  The man who had so quickly become your friend had definitely been at your show before, but he just didn't remember it; no one who heard you sing did.  It was your job to make sure that they didn't, and it was your job to ensure that when Hydra moved in to take who they wanted, you kept their focus on you until they could be collected.

When you discovered your powers of mind control as a child, singing the very same hypnotic song on your school playground, you never knew that this is what you would do with it one day.  When you stood in shock, looking back at the blank and frozen faces of your childhood friends as you sang, it never once crossed your mind that you could grow into someone so evil.  But for the first time since this whole thing began for you, you questioned what you were doing.  In the short span of two weeks, this smartass archer in the bird suit had made you see that you could be more, and that you could be a good person; that it was never too late to learn how to shoot straight.

~~~

When the show was finished, you were summoned by the ring master to join him to meet the honored guests of the evening, and your nerves immediately built.  Were they there because they knew about the cover that Hydra was using?  Did they know your part in it somehow?  Maybe there was a small chance that they really did just want to see the show on their down time and you were overreacting for nothing.

"I'm not gonna go out there," Clint announced, leaning in to kiss your cheek as he excused himself, "you go ahead and we can talk later.  You can tell me if they're as hot in person as everyone says they are.  I'm totally just dying to know if Steve's eyes glimmer like the light of a full moon over calm waters," he squealed in mock excitement. 

"That was...awkward.  But nope, we're going," you ordered, taking his arm, "you can't make me go out there alone with them.  I'm so nervous, I don't know what to say!"

"Hello usually works.  Probably start with, 'hi, I'm (Y/N)'.  Keep it simple."

"Right, and then faint at their feet.  Almost too simple."  The two of you stepped through the curtain together, moving into the center ring where you saw the two Avengers standing with your boss, who looked so eager to keep their attention that you felt physically ill at his lack of dignity in fawning over them.

"Ah!  Here's the star of my show now!" 

"Is that me or you?" Clint whispered smugly in your ear as you continued to drag him along.

"Behave," you hissed back, keeping your focus on not tripping over your own feet until the moment came that you were in front of them.  "Hello, Captain Rogers, Mr. Stark," you greeted politely, yet still meekly and with a strained voice filled with nervousness.  "I'm (Y/N).  It's an honor to meet you."

"I wouldn't go that far," Clint chuckled under his breath, nudging you with his shoulder.

"Franny, I said to behave."