CHAPTER 26.

After breakfast, Joel and I went to his place and spent most of the day in bed before he left to go to a friend of his bachelor's party. As Joel is about to leave Joey shows up to Joel's dismay. Joel almost didn't leave. I had to drag him to the elevator. Joey and I laid on the watching Fifty Shades of Black. We laughed Ana ran into the sculpture." Obviously, if the door wouldn't open when you pushed it...pull!" Joey said laughing.

"Exactly, what I was thinking," I said laughing.

"Sourpuss treating you good, I hope," Joey says after a few minutes of silence. I looked at him. Joey wore black Nike shorts and a camo tank top. His right leg draped over the arm of the couch. He glanced at me. I smiled.

"He is." I replied." He told me about his kids and...Gean." I started when I said Gean I got a sour taste in my mouth.

Joey chuckles." Yeah that bitch is crazy—"

"Joey." I said firmly." That's not nice."

"Hmph. I have seen my niece and nephew decades...my statement warranted." He said sipping his Coke." But I didn't expect him to tell you all that...you guys must be serious." He adds, smirking. I blushed.

I shrugged." Maybe." I whispered.

"I know I could steal you from him if I wanted to right?" He says smugly. I laughed. You wish.

"How?"

"I'd hit you with the Brazilian Joey Tribbani pick up line, it works magic."

"Right," I said laughing.

"Just watched." He says. Joey looks down then looks up smoldering." How are you doing?" I burst out laughing. Ok, that was kind of hot but not enough to take me from Joel. Joel can look at me a little too long and make my panties damp. You, you're baby food lol.

"Nice try....it would've worked if I was single and but I'm not." I teased. He chuckles.

"Damn it, I should have used it when I had the chance." He says." But I'm glad how things turned out though."

"What do mean?"

"Joel—although he is a complete ugly, asshole and I hate him 98.9% of the time." He said laughing." He was miserable so years then boom....he comes home yapping about some chick that rejecting him—oh God he drove everyone nuts that day— after that, he became my brother arrogant, bossy, bumhole brother again and he's so much happier—he'd be happier with LanLan and JoJo but he's happy. And I'm glad I put aside my romantic feelings for you when I did because if I didn't...I don't think Joel would be himself again. Thank you." He says. I give him a sad look and hugged him.

"Without the both of you, I don't think I'd escape Braddon," I stated. He pulls away smiling.

"Speaking of which—I like how I tried to make you get you a restraining order against him you say no but as soon as—" oh Lord,"—Joel suggests it you jump to get one."

"Trust me he didn't suggest it...or he didn't ask if I wanted to get one if my memory serves me right."

"Ok, that makes sense," Joey says." But either did I!"

"I'm sorry!" I wailed." He's scary when he's mad."

"I know right...image living with him—hell!" He exclaims." And he's even bossier." We laughed.

-

When I woke up after Joey and I had pizza and fell asleep on the couch, I'm in bed. It was dark out. I gasped when fairy lights flickered on." You're awake." Joel said. I looked towards the bathroom door and saw him walking towards the bed in a towel. His hair clung to his head. He smirks when I got up, smiling at him. I went on my knees and kissed him. He wraps his arms around me. I pulled away smiling." How was the party?"