CHAPTER 24.

It's my birthday🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳. I'm going to be all over the place but I'll try my best to update again.

-

I rolled on my side and found Joel sitting on the edge of the bed. He's naked with his scratched up back to me." Joel?" I whispered, touching his back. He turns, smiling. He leans forward and kisses me.

"Morning." He says. His breath smells fresh. I checked my watch. It's 7 am.

"Good morning," I said sitting up and trying to pull him back to bed. He chuckled. Pulling me on to his lap. I yelped." That's an unfair advantage." I said breathily.

"To you sure."

"Come back to bed," I said straddling his lap. He shook his head.

"We have work to do, hun." I dropped my head on his shoulder, whining.

"Can't we sleep in?"

"Tomorrow is Sunday....we can sleep in then." He states into my hair. I groaned." Hun?"

"Hm?"

"I've been—er—hiding somethings from you." He said. My head and brow shot up. Excuse me? He looked at me sadly. Joel...you've kinda scared me.

"What kind of things?" I said in a weak voice. He looked into my eyes then looks away.

"I can't...I can't—do this now—"

My brows furrowed." You can't just say 'hun I'm hiding shit from you' then chicken out!" I hissed." You have to tell me."

"I know...I regret saying anything." He says with a tortured look. I got off of his lap, pissed.

"Oh so hiding it from me is going to be so much better," I said sarcastically. I folded my arms.

He sighs." I know it's not but....this is something that'll either end this relationship or make it stronger," he starts," but with your running off track record—I feel like the end is  imminent." He ends.

"Oh my—I won't run!" I yelled.

"I don't believe that....especially when I know your image of me will be tarnished when I tell you." He says. Is it that bad? So many bad thoughts plagued my head but I pushed them out not wanting to jump to the conclusion.

"You keeping secrets will ruin us," I stated softly. He looks at me. He looks down at his lap then back at me.

"Trust me—I want to tell you...so badly, Aubrey. Believe me....but part of me—no...all of me is afraid you'll leave." He confessed." You don't even know how much I've been tiptoeing around you...trying not to do anything you're not ready for. I've never let anyone in my life the way you currently are and if this all goes to shit....it will break me." I walked closer to him and cradled his head to my chest. He wraps his arms around me. I love you, dummy...you'd have to do some really dumb shit to make me leave. I stroked his hair.

"Joel—" I stated, looking down at him,"—anything that's bothering you can tell me. If I run do what you always do...give me 1 second worth of space then be all persistent Joel on me." I said laughing, he laughs too.

"I can do that." He says," but what if that's doesn't works." I shrugged.

"Do what you do best....be Joel. You know that  petty, arrogant, blackm—"

"Ok, I get." He mumbled. I laughed. I pecked his lips. All those red flag qualities made me fall in love with you." Meet my mom today." My eyes widened.

"Joel—"

"No. No. Don't start that...you said I can introduce you to her anytime I want as long as it wasn't yesterday." He reminded. Fuck!