CHAPTER 6.

I was finally getting some sleep after tossing and turning all night when a loud banging woke me up. Oh, not now. Groaning, I rolled onto my back. The banging stopped and I was able to doze off. Sleep pulled me in its warm embrace until the banging started again and this time with a vengeance. I whined, sliding out of bed with my eyes closed.  "Fuck!" I wailed when I bumped into my bedroom door. I opened my eyes and rubbed my forehead as I walked to the front door. I looked through the peephole and found Joel standing there. What the hell? I opened the door to find him grinning. 

His hair was styled differently, he let a large portion of his hair swoop over to the left but a few strands fell over his brow. It made him look adorable. I watched as his eyes made their descent from my face to my body. I was too sleepy to care. He smirked. He's wearing a deep blue suit with a pale blue shirt and a black tie. "What could you possibly want this early in the morning, sir?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes and then yawned into my palm.

"Firstly: it's almost 7:30 and you're supposed to be at work at 8, secondly: didn't I say I would pick you up—"

"No. No, you didn't." I protested.

He paused. "Ok, I asked and you said I'd have to find it. Which I did." He said smiling. I knocked my head on the doorframe hoping this was just a dream. "Thirdly: nice pyjamas." He said.  My eyes popped open and I stared at the doorframe. What did he say to me? I looked down at my Dora camisole and baggy underwear. I rolled my eyes. Well, I can't turn back time and change my underwear so I'm just rock these parachute undies because this is my home, not his. I stood up straight and folded my arms over my breast.

"Mind your damn business," I told him. He gave me a half-smile and shrugged. I think I swallowed my heart. His eyes took me in again, this time excruciatingly slow. I bit my lip. He took a step closer and freed my lip with his thumb. He towered over me, I had to crane my neck to look at him. His eyes were ready to swallow me whole. I almost bit my lip again but I stopped myself.

"I am." He muttered under his breath. I paused. I'm your business? Aubrey don't read into it and you need to find some way to stop being attracted to him. It's not the time for men. Take care of yourself before you dive head first into something you are not ready for, especially since you're not sleeping properly. Wait! What am I saying? He's your boss, you shouldn't be wanting him.

"So....you want coffee or are you gonna wait in your ca—"

"Coffee sounds nice, Hun." He said with a half-smile, looking over my shoulder. I stepped aside and he walked past me. I closed the door behind me then tucked my hair behind my ear and chewed on the inside of my cheek as I followed him to the living room. Once in the living room, he pulled his jacket off his broad shoulders. I bit my tongue to stop myself from saying 'feel free to take off everything else. Next, he unbuttoned his shirt and pulled that off too. He stood in my living room dressed in a white cotton vest that stretched over his broad back and his torso. Damn. He then draped his shirt and jacket over the arm of the nearest couch.

I couldn't believe how ripped he was.  He wasn't a block of walking muscle, that wasn't the case at all....he's perfect. Not super big but nowhere near small. Even from here his skin looked soft and smooth. He was looking around, taking in his surroundings. He picked up one of the throw pillows and examined it. He read the tag before looking over his shoulder at me. He smiled when he caught me staring. I blushed. Fuck.

"Stop wasting time and get ready, Hun." He said sternly but smirked right after his statement. I rolled my eyes and turned towards the bedroom. I decided to wear an off the shoulder burgundy blouse that stopped a half-inch from my navel, a black high waisted pencil skirts, ballets, and a red Prada bag. I checked my appearance before going to the living room to check on him. He sat on the sofa, already dressed, checking his watch every five seconds. He looked upset.