29. JB : A Few Years Later

Jaebum packed his things, putting them in his backpack. He wore his jacket because it was cold outside. He got out from the building and caught the last bus.

He walked about 5 minutes to arrive home. He got into his room and threw himself on the bed. He exhaled. He looked up where he could see stars throught the window. He laid on his bed again after taking a shower. He grabbed his phone to find nothing. He got up, heading to kitchen. After drinking a glass of water, he came back to his room. He accidently kicked something, like a box under his bed. He took it and scoffed.

"Why this thing is still here?" He talked to himself. He was about to push it back under the bed but he decided to open the box after 4 years. He sat on his bed as he looked what inside the box.

"(Y/N)..."

He looked away when he saw a photo of you, smiling happily. His eyes started watering. He looked at the photo as he smiled.

"How can you smile so beautifully?" He looked at another photos on the box. He took a ring in the small box as his tears rolled down on his cheeks. He exhaled softly.

Flashback

"Jaebum-ssi" He turned to you as you already prepared to take his photo. You took it right after he turned to you.

"Yah, you can't take my photo without I know it!" He whined as you giggled.

"1,2,3!" You took another photo but this time he already prepared. He smiled, posing V-pose.

"I'll take your photo" He took the camera, taking several of your photo.

"Let's take it together" You pulled him closer as he smiled widely. Both of you posed V-pose and with a wide smile.

"Pretty, right?" You showed him the ring that you wore on your finger.

"Glad you like it" He took your hand and kissed it.

End Of Flashback

He looked at the photos of you and himself posing V-pose He sighed heavily. That was 4 years ago. Everything was different now. You were not by his side now. You left. You dumped him. Because of another guy. You said you love him. Yes, but just for a while. Maybe that person better than Jaebum, nicer than Jaebum, more handsome than Jaebum. That's why you dumped him?

-----------------

He walked to bus stop, holding an umbrella since it was raining. Sometimes he looked down, watching his step. At the moment he looked up, he saw a girl looks like you, walking pass by him. He stopped walking, shocked maybe. He turned to his back as the girl turned to him.

"Jaebum.."

"(Y/N)..."

Both of you looked at each other, frozen.

"Oh god, what kind of meeting is this?"

"It's been a few years, right? Im Jaebum?" You spoke as he looked down, forcing a smile. Out of the blue, he couldn't speak.

"Nae..." He replied with his broken voice. In the middle of rain, both of you just stared at each other without saying anything. Just rain drop can be heard.

-----------------

"You looks well. Happier. I can tell with your face. I envy you. I wanna forget you too, as quick as you. How you forget me that easily? I see...because you has someone else by your side now.."

He stared at the ring that should be yours. He smirked and laughed, actually crying.

"I feel so lonely!! Where are you!! Please take my hand again!!" He shouted as he cried. Yes, he drunk.