"It's okay, I know this is all messed up and... I'd understand if... you know... you wanted to dump--"

"Emma, I'm not going to dump you just because your parents are messed up and kidnapped us." He argued, gently brushing loosed strands of my hair behind my ear. "I love you Emma, this won't change anything okay?"

I nodded, feeling my eyes tear up. I'd honestly expected Red to want nothing to do with me after this so knowing he would remain by my side made me more happy then I can put into words.

"You go to sleep, okay? I'll stay awake until then." Red smiled, tightening his grip on me slightly. "I'll keep you safe."

"Thank you." I smiled back, reaching up until my lips met his for a small, brief kiss. I felt my stress leave, my anxiety leave and my pain just leave in the few brief moments the kiss lasted. I didn't say another word as I snuggled into my boyfriends chest and drifted off into a blissful state of sleep.

~*🌸*~

The following morning I found myself following Kathrine down the countless hallways I'd begun being able to map out in my head. I wasn't lead to the room where the Pokémon were actually kept, instead to a large room with two tables in it, one large one in the centre of the room and a smaller one in the corner which a few water bottles sat on top of, most likely for me since I doubted I'd be allowed to rest today.

"You will restore the health of each Pokémon as it's brought in before it is moved out and the next one is brought in. I don't want any messing around from you and you will start the minute a new Pokémon is placed in front of you."

"It doesn't work like that." I interrupted, frowning as I folded my arms over my chest. "I need to establish a bond with the Pokémon I'm trying to heal. I can't just heal any and everything, without the bond and the Pokémon willingly accepting my help, it simply doesn't work like that."

Kathrine frowned, flipping through her notes on her clipboard. "Shadow mentioned no such thing." She looked up at me with her eyes narrow. "You better not be trying to weasel out of today's tasks."

I rolled my eyes. "Trust me, I have much better excuses I can use but the simple fact is, I simply can't heal any Pokémon placed in front of me. My powers just don't work like that. Shadow is the Voice of Darkness, not Purity. We have different morals and sources of strength, mine comes from with is good-- faith and trust and that kind of sappy stuff. While Shadow's come from what is evil-- betrayal and mistrust and such."

The leader of Team Rift sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Fine then, you will move through each Pokémon as efficiently as you can then, spending minimal time possible with each."

"That I can do." I snorted, holding my wrist with the stupid bracelet on it out. "Now get this thing off so I can start and get this over with."

"Not so fast." Kathrine smirked deviously. "I remind you that if so much as consider escaping, your friends are being held at gun point and I won't be afraid to give the order for them to be shot if you step out of line."

"Well you could of told me that before, I've been thinking about escaping this place since the moment I got here." I fake pouted, aiming to annoy my birth mother as I normally enjoyed doing.

"Don't play smart with me--"

"Oh I don't need to play smart, it comes naturally." I smirked.