What expected can't hurt. What hurt wasn't expected!

• Dedicated to Finn Swaine

Disconnecting herself from the warmness of Jace's body Adelina stood watching the sleeping beauty of tanned skin and muscles. Smiling to herself she pulled on a loose summer dress and thick wooly tights. It might be winter but Adelina hated the feeling of tight clothes on her bump. Skipping down to the kitchen humming a tune Adelina found herself to be in a happy mood compared to the bad ones she had been feeling for the past month. The poor pack got a mouth full of her aggression and made sure to stay clear from her. "Morning Adelina," came the cheerful welcome from Finn, the Running Stone's third in command "You seem very happy" he said suspicously, eyeing her up with a raised eyebrow. Adelina turned and her face lit up "Finny!" She rushed over and hugged him in a tight grip. Finn laughed and patted her back hugging her tightly. "I'm even more happy now i have seen you Finny," Adelina chuckled , over the few months she had become very close to Finn. Adelina enjoyed having company other then Jace, whose company she cherished alot. Finn's company was one she adored, he made her laugh when she was in a mood and he never got annoyed with her sudden mood change. Adelina headed to the cupboard but Finn grabbed her wrist gently and tugged her to a chair. "I'll get you breakfast okay, you sit and rest your feet they look painful," Finn spoke his voice ordered for no objection. Adelina nodded and watched him as he cooked her breakfast. She thought about many things some sad some happy. The worse one was the fact that the baby she was carrying. The baby that might not be Jace's. It could be Dante's.

Finn knew something was wrong with Adelina the moment he turned around and the sudden hapiness was washed away by a wave of sadness. Cooking her breakfast he let the eery silence fill the kitchen not wanting to disturb her thoughts, dishing up the eggs and bacon onto a plate he turned and placed the plate infront of her watching as she tenderly rubbed her bump. He noticed the way she sat, slumped. How her eyes had locked tears in. Her face portrayed sadness and pain. Inside him his gut twisted as he walked behind her and gave her a comfoting hug. When the hug was finished Adelina turned to face him, she felt her barrier crumbling and the tears that threatened to spill over the wall. "What was that for?" she whispered looking up into Finns brightly lit eyes. "Because you need it angel, now eat up okay," he answered moving away from her giving her space so she could eat. Sitting across from her Finn tried to figure out why she was upset. Like he always did when she was upset instead of asking what was wrong he tried to figure it out himself. He felt Adelina's stare on him and looked up to meet her teary gaze, he sighed unhappily he hated seeing her upset. Opening his mouth to say something he quickly shut it as a rough looking Jace walked in, his hair pointing in different directions and his top wrinkled like it hadn't seen an iron for weeks. Finn watched as Adelina's mood suddenly lightened up when Jace walked into the room. He smiled waching as Jace ben down to kiss her head while he snuck a piece of bacon of her plate. Suppressing a laugh he watched as Adelina was oblivious to what Jace was doing, he let out his laugh as Adelina slapped Jace's hand causing the bacon to fall from his hand onto the table. Jace joined in with the laughter and so did Adelina. The bad mood was soon replaced with a cheerful one again.

Jace watched Adelina carefully, he knew something was wrong this morning at breakfast but he knew it wouldn't be because of something Finn said. No that couldn't be it, they were closer then two chopsticks. Running a hand through his hair he sighed, Adelina's mood swings were getting the better of him and the pack, he knew the pack was annoyed with them and knew they were staying far away from her as possible. Sinking into his leather chair he turned to face it out the window, Adelina had become very distance with him as well and this annoyed him, he tried his hardest not to get angry with her and had to leave the room multiple times. Wincing at the sound of her tears as the sound scolded his memory forever, he knew it was because of the pregnancy but deep down he knew she was hiding something from him, if only he could figure out what. Jace slammed his fist on the arm of his chair, his anger vibrated through the air leaving a shimmer of it hanging long after it left. His thoughts stayed on Adelina, his Adelina. He couldn't stop questioning why she would hide something from him was she scared, ashemed, afraid or afraid to hurt him. So many questions yet so little answers, growling Jace stood and paced his office like a caged tiger. He watched as the two youngest of his pack fought in wolf form for the first time, he was very impressed and knew that time was grower shorter come this time next year many of these pack members wouldn't be here, heck maybe he would be dead. Shivering Jace thought of the up coming war, they needed battle plans and formations quick and fast. They were either fighting against the bloodlusts or the hunters, maybe even both if they decided to team which was very unlikely. Sinking back into his chair Jace thought and thought hard.