Chapter Eleven

The tyres of a 4x4 Land Rover skidded along the dirt gravel of the practically empty car park kicking up a cloud of dust as Nathan parked with precision into an empty slot by the stores entrance doors, switching of the engine and making sure he had his phone the pair exited the vehicle and in sync automatically lifted their hands to shield their eyes from the glare of the sun. Slamming the car door shut Nathan pulled out a pair of dark shades from his jacket pocket, sliding a pair on he slid the other pair across the car roof to Adelina who seemed to be struggling with the direct heat. "You got the list?" Adelina pushed the way too big shades up her slim nose turning her attention to Nathan as she made her way over to the shade the front door apron offered in gratitude. Nathan who was currently locking the car and trying his hardest to hide the hint of a smile that was tugging at his lips joined Adelina at the entrance door watching her pull out the list Jace had handed to her before leaving and unfolding it. The list fell down to Adelinas waist and her face paled as she glanced up at Nathan, "Do we seriously have to obtain every single item on this list?" The smile had no wear to hide as it filled the whole of Nathans face a throaty chuckle escaped him, "No Adelina, this supermarket caters to out kind, Irving saved us the hardest task and pre-ordered the bulk items we mainly have to pick up the requested essentials other pack members have asked for." Grabbing two shopping trolleys and giving one a slight shove in Adelinas direction they entered through the glass doors enjoying the artic blow of the air con as they walked in. The door let out a chime signalling to whatever employee was around that they were shoppers inside, Adelina halted turning her attention to Nathan "wait have you got the card?" her eyebrow rose as she watched him make a very dramatic show of trying to find Jaces black bank card, with an exaggerated sigh of relief Nathan retrieved the shiny plastic card from his inside jacket pocket and waved it in front of her face. A small chuckle escaped Adelinas chapped lips causing an eyebrow raise from Nathan this time but there attention quickly snapped towards the top of the aisle where a small stocky gentleman wearing glasses was making his way down. "My-My-My that can't be little scrawny Nathan Davenport I spy with the one good eye I have left, you must have seriously pissed the Alpha to be send out on shopping duty." The small man makes his way over his hand stretched out for Nathan to shake which he did, "Haha you know me to well Merl but actually I am Beta now so shopping is definitely not on my list aside from today." Reaching behind him Nathan pulled out a shrinking Adelina who had managed to hide behind him while the two men were shaking hands, "This here is Adelina, Jace's mate he's asked me to get her out and about. You know what that pack house can be like, did you get the pre-order he sent over." Merl reached a hand out to Adelina who gingerly took it shrinking as far into Nathans side as she could the minute it was over, with a questioning glance at Nathan who shook his head in reply Merl took a few steps back allowing Adelina to relax once more. "Yeh I did the two lads will pack it in the car for you while you grab what else you need, I will ring that stuff through for you at the tills Nathan." With a quick gentle smile back at Adelina Merl walked off in the directions of what were the tills.

The cool breeze filled the car as Nathan pulled the car to the entrance way of the packs territory, the sounds of Adelinas laugh and his chuckle filled the air "I remember one time I had just finished training and could hear the Alpha –Jace's dad- talking outside his office to someone the next minute this blur of practically naked skin and bright red heels had run past me followed by my father and the third in command back then straight past the office and out the front door, I had never seen the Alpha look so shocked, angry and honestly he was trying not to laugh . Jace had managed to slip past them during training and make his way into his mother's wardrobe; he was running around the whole pack house that day in nothing but red heels and a pair of boxers on his head. Not even the females could run as fast as he could in a pair of heels and especially not in a pair that didn't even fit." Nathan shut the engine off after he packed the Ranger by the front porch steps his hands clutched his sides as both him and Adelina sat there laughing, struggling to catch their breath they exited the vehicle and made for the huge boxes containing the shopping. The front door swung open revealing a very dishevelled Jace covered in smears of dirt and dust over his clothes and face, one hand help a very dirty duster cloth while the other held a practically empty can of polish spray, both of their heads snapped up to the sound of it opening and upon spotting Jace they burst out laughing again. Nathan manage to regain grip on a heavy box that he almost lost shakes his head walking past Jace trying hard to keep his chuckles under control, "Merl sends his wishes over Alpha everything's accounted for.." a small laugh escapes his mouth, "that look would suit you better with a pair of RED HEELS." Nathan raises his voice loud enough for Adelina to hear and quickly legs it into the house to safety as a small growl leaves Jaces lips and Adelinas laughter fills the air. Dropping the duster and can Jace strode over to Adelina grabbing the box she had just in time as her latest laughter fit caused her hold to loosen on it, "What has he been telling you? Did I make a mistake of letting you out with him? Were they all embarrassing stories?" Adelina continued to laugh struggling to get her breath back to reply to him but the sudden howl from the front territory lines cut of all answers.