Chapter Eight

"What is your favourite movie?"

Jace took a sip of his drink before turning his attention to the question Adelina had asked him, so far the pair had had a 2 course meal after the constant rumbling of Jace's stomach that only seemed to stop after being fed, and now the pair of them were taking turns to ask the other questions in order to try and find out as much as they possibly could. He tilted his head to the side smiling, "my favourite film huh, well I guess it would have to be Lord of the Rings. I am a sucker for dwarves," Jace let out a laugh placing his glass back down on the table leaning forward slightly "so tell me what would be your ideal proposal?" Adelina smiled leaning back in her chair as she started to think, "my ideal proposal would be somewhere like the woods, where it's just the two of us and it's all romantic," her smile grew as she fantasised what her ideal proposal would actually look and be like. Jace watched her fascinated, she was just like a child although this wasn't specifically true but when someone has had their childhood ripped from them like she had there's no surprise that the excitement she was showing was exaggerated. "I'll have to keep that in mind then," he replied finishing off the last bit of his drink. Standing Jace brushed off his hands watching as Adelina mirrored his actions, for a girl who had spent over three-quarters of her life imprisoned by a psychopath; she knew her fair share of information to do with the outside world. For him, every one had to have at least visited an aquarium once in their life and Adelina was not going to miss out on her experience, reaching for her hand he pulled her down towards the entrance a huge grin carved permanently into his chiselled face.

Crystal blue water reflected through the glass of the exhibit tunnel causing it to dance across the marble floor, the dimly lit area added to the effect of the stunning multitude of aquarium life that swam above their heads. Adelina's soft gasp of awe echoed through the quiet room as she twirled around before her eyes finally landed on a smiling Jace who was watching her captivated, "do you like it Adelina?" he asked walking to stand by her side in the centre. Adelina nodded before staring into the tank watching as a giant Green Sea Turtle swam by them then above them, "It's as if we're in the sea with them" her eyes widened as she watched a huge Black Tipped Shark swim directly to the thick glass she was stood in front of. Jace stepped in front of Adelina protectively letting out a low growl causing the shark to turn tail and swim off towards the other end of the water cage he was trapped in, Adelina glanced up at Jace in surprise before starting to laugh, "You do know he can't get me right? This glass is going to quite thick." Jace shook his head trying to hide his embarrassment at the way he acted out but he couldn't help feeling threatened slightly as if that shark was going to jump out of the tank and attack Adelina right in front of his eyes, "Come on, and take some photos to show the guys back home," he handed her an old camera before showing her how to use it.

Time went speeding by as Adelina filled up the camera with a multitude of pictures of a variety of aqua life including the secret ones she took of Jace when he was fascinated by a certain creature or was generally not paying attention, after they had finished in the tunnel Jace escorted her to a separate room where a huge but shallow rock pool was home to different species of turtles some were even bathing under a lamp on a ledge that led into the rock pool. After listening to Adelina squeal over how cute they were for way over ten minutes Jace had finally had enough, "Adelina, come on we're going to be late for the last part of the tour," he told her trying to keep the jealousy hidden from his voice as she glanced up at him eagerly but disappointed that the date was nearly over. A penguin feed was the best way to end such a great day and Jace couldn't wait to see the look on Adelina's face when she realised she was going to up close and personal with a penguin, leading her through a staff only door and towards a young man who glanced up before bowing his head. "Alpha everything is set up and ready for you, I'll assist you on how to feed them and where they like to be stroked," he smiled lifting his head before pointing to some thick coats Jace grabbed one before securely wrapping it around Adelina.

Jace glanced from the dark road to Adelina who was curled up in the passenger seat of his truck fast asleep, his jacket draped over her in an attempt to keep her covered up, the date had been a hit and by how exhausted Adelina had been after feeding and cuddling a penguin he knew she had had the time of her life. Pulling up outside of the pack house he exited the car quietly before walking round to her side and gently manoeuvring her out of the seat and into his arms bridal style, the doors to the pack house opened as Irving stood basked in light smiling, "I see she enjoyed it then," he nudged in his head to the sleeping Adelina who moved and snuggled deeper into his side. Jace chuckled, "she was just like a little child, my little child," his eyes stared down at her lovingly before he carried her upstairs and into his bed. Irving stood outside watching the couple a pang expanding in his chest which he recognised as jealously, "Alpha an invitation for the annual wolves ball arrived, I take it we will be attending this year now you have your mate." Jace nodded his head at his friend smiling, "get some rest Irving I'll see you in the morning." Shutting the door after Irving had left Jace stripped and crawled into bed beside his sleeping mate holding her tightly, "what are you doing to me Adelina?" he kissed her lips softly settling down.

"I love you... I hope you love me back..."