Chapter Four

Opening her eyes Adelina took in her surroundings, her eyes were drawn to what must have been the most handsome face in the whole entire universe, dazzled she reached up and placed her hand on his cheek stoking it lovingly, it was soft although the stubble tickled her hand when she ran her hand over it. Just like the rest of his body he was tanned and very muscular a result of the vigorous training he had undergone, lifting up the cover she peaked under at the rest of body intrigued, ‘Whoa!’ muttered her wolf; ‘Now that’s what you call a gorgeous body,’ Adelina gulped and dropped the cover quickly only to look up and get lost in Jace’s eyes. Jace smirked at the reaction he gained from her as he caught her blatantly eye-raping his body, her face was bright crimson, pulling her tighter against his body he realised just how skinny she really was. Resting her head on his chest, Adelina settled in enjoying the way his heart beat slow and steady, she felt his arms slither around her waist and pulling her even closer, if possible, to his hard chest. Affectionately Jace ran his hand through the river of her hair tugging gently on any knots that were captured in the currents, his stare shifted to Adelina’s, her eyes met with his and she stared right into the green depths of his eyes. Jace did the only thing he could think of at that particular moment and lowered his head till his lips grazed hers sending mini shocks of pleasure coursing through their bodies.  Adelina stiffened in shock, her eyes locked in on the strong man in front of her who was passionately kissing her, she tried to keep her wolf caged in, but she managed to break free, overtaking Adelina and kissing Jace back with just as much intensity that Jace was struggling to keep up with her. Jace opened his lips when he felt her sweet tongue asking for permission to enter the sweet haven of his mouth, he somehow had managed to land on top of her, his body touching hers but most of his weight was supported by his hands that rested either side of her head. Trapping her while embracing her, his tongue moved in perfect harmony with hers as they twisted and turned doing their own version of the tango, a small muffled moan escaped the throat of Jace as he shifted all his weight onto his left arm enabling him to slowly run his right hand down her body, taking in all of her curves.

A shiver rocked through Adelina’s body as Jace’s hand left its place by her head and trailed its way down her body, her wolf growled in excitement, enjoying the pleasures that only her mate could bring to her body. ‘This should stop,’ Adelina knew this wrong, her human side won the battle this side and Jace went flying across the room and straight through his bedroom door, the hinges snapping in half.

Jace was to lost in the kiss not paying attention to what Adelina was doing, his hand was running dangerously low on her body and the shiver he felt come from her was feeding more fuel to the already burning flame of fire inside him. He hadn’t noticed her body go rigid and the sound of her heart beat increasing rapidly, Jace’s hand was just closing in on her upper thigh when he was suddenly flying, opening his eyes in shock and hurt he stared at her. He felt the door connect with his spine and heard the crack of the hinges snapping. He and the door went flying down the stairs and landed in an awkward heap at the bottom, blinking once then twice he looked around, Irving and Nathan were the first ones to side trying their hardest to hold in their laughs when they noticed how he was staring up at Adelina. She was stood at the top of the stairs, her dress was up around her thighs, her hair like a bird’s nest and her lips swollen and red, Jace stood shoving aside their hands not needing their help as he stared up at Adelina. Adelina knew she was in deep trouble the moment he went flying down the stairs with the door following behind him; she scrambled out of the bed as fast as she could and ran to the top of the stairs. Looking down she saw the faces of Irving and Nathan, she could tell that they wanted to laugh at the situation their Alpha had landed himself in but they couldn’t, she gulped as Jace stood and looked up at her, backing away she turned and ran back into his room, she had nowhere to hide and she couldn’t even lock the door cause there was none. Sitting on the bed she saw the looming body that belonged to Jace and prepared herself for whatever punishment was coming her way causing her body to shake. ‘He wouldn’t hurt us. Remember he is not like Dante, you should know that by now,’ Adelina understood what her wolf was getting at, if Jace was going to attack her he would have hurt by now but instead all he showed her was his love and affection, her gaze drifted up towards the angry face of Jace that was getting seemingly closer to her.

“You’re going to pay for that, my dear Adelina,” he growled out his eyes glazed with revenge and lust as he went ahead and carried out his threat, lowering his head to Adelina’s his lips captured hers in a urgent and violent kiss. Adelina sat frigid, her eyes closed half in fear and half in curiosity at what it was he had planned, but when all she got was the soft pillows of his lips meeting hers she relaxed leaning into the kiss feeling the shocks cascade over her body. Adelina tried to pull away wanting to touch more of her mate then just his lips but this gave Jace the wrong impression and his arms tightened strongly against her waist restraining her flush against his body before she even had the chance to move her lips down to his neck. The human side of Adelina started to panic a small growl leaving her mouth as a warning but Jace took this as an opportunity to deepen the kiss. Adelina had given him a clear warning and he had chosen to ignore it, Jace was suddenly flying backwards his back colliding with the soft pillows of his bed his yearning gaze fixed firmly on his mate as she let out another growl. Sitting up a huge grin formed on Jace’s face, “I guess we misunderstood your strength my love, you’re a lot stronger than we thought,” his hand reached behind his back rubbing at the now sore spots from where it collided with the wooden door. Stepping closer to him Adelina continued to growl, her wolf was upset with Adelina with how the situation was ending she had quite enjoyed the kiss she had shared with her mate but the human side was in total control now.

The growls fell on deaf ears; Jace was deep in thought, the fictional gears in his head going into over drive, Adelina to him was a strong woman who was potential enough to protect herself against her own mate yet he couldn’t quite grasp the fact that she couldn’t even protect herself against her abusers. Pushing aside the thoughts who knew deep down that the Goddess of the Moon chose the perfect mate for him, she is the perfect Alpha Female and mother he could have ever been given, his mind flickered towards the picture of their children, little girls and boys with brown hair and green eyes as well as blonde hair and blue eyes running around in both their wolf and human form. A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth, she was everything any man would want, she was beautiful, strong, mature, smart and surprising and she was his mate, his one true love, no one could ever replace her for him. Jace felt happy, the happiest he’s felt in the last twelve years, since the death of his mother, he hardly socialised with his pack before, had only spoke to them when it was needed and stuck to being by himself, in his office the majority of the time but now that had all changed, all changed because he had finally found his soul mate. Jace took in the puzzled look that was etched on Adelina’s face wondering why someone would even want to hurt her for, she looked like she wouldn’t hurt a fly but he knew appearances were always deceiving and underneath that appearance was a determined and powerful woman. He mentally checked through the pack names on who would want to hurt her for whatever sick and twisted reason they had but it came up useless, he had no idea who it could have been. Jace knew one thing for sure and that was that he had to earn Adelina’s trust and get to know her before he could even start to ask her questions about the person who had hurt her and the easiest way to get to know someone, was a date.

Standing he clutched Adelina’s hands suddenly causing her to jump in fright, “Adelina, I want to gain your trust, I want to take things slow, get to know you before I rush you into a relationship that you might not want or with someone you don’t know.” His eyes examined her face knowing she was listening and interpreting what he was saying so he took this as his chance to continue. “If I have your trust it will make our relationship stronger, as your mate I will teach you how to train, take you on runs in the woods, I’ll even cook for you if you ask me to, anything,” taking a deep breath he rushed on, “I’ll wash your clothes and make your bed, I’ll tidy your room and re arrange for you if you want to. Adelina stared at him her jaw hanging wide open, she shut it again feeling rude but to also keep in the laughter that was bubbling up inside her, “Jace, please calm down. I would love to get to know you, you’re an amazing guy and I enjoy your company. As for everything else you said, keep to your word Mr Conan or else,” she smirked as a loud peal of laughter came from the pack downstairs causing Adelina to blush.

Jace grabbed Adelina’s arm just before she left his room to go to hers, “Let’s start getting to know each other by going on a date, what do you say?”