Chapter Two

‘Mine!’ both of their wolves growled out in unison, golden sparks flew off of them blind to only Irving’s eyes, longing and happiness passed between their heated gaze filling up the room with the sweet scent of love. A small nervous laugh that had escaped Irving’s mouth brought them both crashing with a bump to earth from what could only be described as heaven, he had stood watching them for the past five minutes wondering what the hell was wrong with the pair, he had yet to meet his mate and hadn’t recognised the tell-tale signs. Blushing Adelina looked away from his almost black eyes, she could smell his arousal as well as feel it and no doubt Irving could smell it as well, she noticed the way his body trembling slightly as he forced himself to ignore the itching, irritating urge to mark her as his and only his. Jace lifted his head up glaring at Irving in annoyance and anger, how dare he disturb the most amazing and wonderful time he was having for the first time in many years, he watched in satisfaction as Irving seeing the look in his Alpha’s eyes dropped his head to the ground in submission. “I’m sorry Alpha Conan, shall I leave you both?” he looked up and between them both before settling on Adelina concerned, her face was now screwed up in pain. Jace followed his stare and finally noticed the state his mate was in, shock reeled through his body quickly followed by pain and anger, rolling back on the balls of his bare feet he struggled to keep his wolf inside as it threatened to claw its way out and break someone’s neck. “Who…did…this?” Jace stared at her his voice croaked as he managed to spit out the question still in shock from what had happened, he had noticed the cuts were fresh meaning only one thing. Someone within his pack had dared to lay a finger on his mate.

The lack of silence caused the room to fill with awkward tension, Adelina still hadn’t answered Jace’s question and Irving took in the way his body was shaking even more violently then he was a few minutes ago. “Jace you need to calm down,”  Irving stepped closer to him reaching out to rest his hand on his arm, in reply Jace growled turning and flinging him into the corner of the basement like he was nothing but a rag doll. A loud whimper left Adelina’s lips as she shuffled back as fast as she could in her haste to escape the next hit that would no doubt be on her, she looked at Irving concerned for him as he stood up leaning against the wall for support, his hand reaching behind his head and Adelina spotted the blood that smeared his hand as he brought it to his face. Irving stepped forward again but knew not to reach out and touch his friend, “Jace look you’re scaring her. You’re scaring your own mate.” Jace’s head snapped round to Adelina a snarl escaping his mouth as he took in the way Adelina had cowered away in front of him, her eyes cast down to the ground in submission. His eyes returned to their normal colour as he stepped towards Adelina, “I’m so sorry, please don’t be scared of me.” Irving watched in shock, if only he could record this and show the rest of the pack, no one would believe that their Alpha, the Alpha that didn’t laugh or even smile was begging for forgiveness. Irving couldn’t help it he let out a chortle oblivious to the startled and confused looks he was getting from both Jace and Adelina, a growl cut through his laugh as Jace must of realised what Irving had found so funny, “Make yourself useful Irving, get the first aid kit. Her wounds need tending too.”

Irving rushed up the stairs and straight into the kitchen, grabbing the first aid kit that lived underneath the sink as well as two bottles of ice cold water from the fridge, he raced down to the basement where his Alpha was waiting impatiently. He stopped as he reached the bottom of the basement stairs shocked at the sight of a once saddened and scared Jace Conan who had defiantly now become the opposite, he was surprised that someone as quiet as Adelina had managed to break the ice cold prince and melted his heart. Jace had his back to Irving but he could still see that Adelina had moved her head into his lap looking content as she waited anxiously for him to finish checking her wounds. “Irving don’t you just stand there like a pickle! Get over here now,” he commanded, his Alpha tone slipping in. Irving half ran half stumbled over to where Jace sat and handed him the first aid box along with the water. He watched Adelina shiver every time Jace touched her skin in order to clean up the cuts, he was eager for the time he met his mate so he could hold her in his arms forever and protect her from harm. Adelina couldn’t find the nerve to tell them what had happened to her in the past, let alone who was responsible for the damage to her body, fear closed up her throat cutting off any words from escaping.