Prologue

So finally got round to editing it and not much has changed. please enjoy :)

The sun rose into the blue sky, slashed with bright colours of pink, yellow and orange as it started it's descend to welcome its friend the moon. An old Victorian house stood proud and strong; two stone gargoyles watched over the wooden drawbridge door protecting the castle and the people it held inside from threats. Their eyes roamed over the house grounds protectively, which were full of black and white roses that grew in to full bloom. Bunches and bunches of them surrounded a stagnant pond full of brightly coloured koi, trees of all sorts lay scattered around the mass of garden space giving off inviting and cool parts of shade in the summer sun. Loud squeals and giggles were heard as a group of fifteen children under the age of ten ran round on the bright green grass chasing each other in joy as they soaked up the last remaining rays. A woman with dirty blond hair that flowed down to her waist walked out of the house and down to the entrance of the woods, her hand resting carefully on her stomach. A small bump moulded her slender and petite build, she showed it off proudly. She stripped off her clothes, not embarrassed or concerned that children of a young age had now stopped and watched her restlessly waiting for the beautiful transformation to happen. Bones were heard re-snapping themselves into position to a form the striking body of a wolf as the sounds echoed around the now quiet garden. In the place of the striking woman now stood a stunning sandy wolf her eyes a dark green. With a flick of her tail and a small growl as a goodbye she bounded into the woods as graceful as a ballerina.

Trees blurred past her vision and small creatures were heard scampering into their burrows and homes to protect their family from the large predator. Out of nowhere right in the tracks of the female wolf appeared five men in black, a chain with two moons facing each other to make a circle with a capital H in the middle was positioned proudly in the centre of their chest suspended from their neck. The necklace symbolised they were hunters, Werewolf hunters. The strong disgusting scent of human and silver tainted the fresh air, as the wolf growled. Snarling through her teeth that she now had revealed, threatening them in warning as well as showing them that her canines were strong enough to rip their throats out and decapitate them. Vile filled the woman's throat and released itself as a snarl as she let off another warning, which to her annoyance had no effect on them. With no time to spare she jumped onto the weakest one's body snapping it in half without much effort, a look of shock appeared on his face sculptured onto it for eternity. He had revealed his fear and it resulted in his early death. A silver bullet flew through the air and embedded itself into the wolf's hind leg; red blood stained the sandy fur as the bullet detached sending millions of silver shrapnel through the wolf's leg poisoning it.

With a hiss of anger and pain she pounced onto the shooter as she was trained to many years ago and clamped her jaw shut onto his neck, shaking her head violently blood squirted all over her face staining her fur even more, he was dead. Another bullet embedded itself in the wolf this time in her chest; the deadly shrapnel travelled through her blood a lot quicker this time poisoning her heart. The hunters knowing how weak she was, knowing she didn't stand a chance of getting back up again, raised their guns and fired three rounds that entered her heart killing her instantly. The hunters left engrossed with getting out of wolf territory and away from the murder scene before they were caught by what were going to be very angry wolves. A tiny whimper escaped the jaws of a small blond pup that had hidden and watched the whole scene after following his mother out into the woods. He ran forward nudging her muzzle trying to engage a response out of her, he waited and waited for her to wake but deep down he knew that she wasn't. With a loud cry he turned and ran to his father for help, but by the time everyone got there it was far too late. The hunters were long gone and she was dead.

**

Jace Conan woke up, his muscular body was hot and drenched in sweat, his blond cropped hair clung to his head like a damp cloth, and purple bags were visible under his bright forest green eyes which used to be full of joy and happiness that were now coated by pain and sadness. Eleven years on and the haunting of his mother's death that he had watched still caused him nightmares, the picture of his dead mother and two baby sisters that she was pregnant with was still clearly in his mind. Silent tears dripped down his tanned and broad cheeks as he mourned their death, two years after his father took his own life unable to live without his mate and the guilt he was burdened with after her murder.

Jace sat up in his bed, he was the new Alpha of the Sinister Fur pack, and it was split into two. There were the ones who were the bravest and the strongest that fought for the pack putting their lives on the line for the others then there were the ones who protected the women and children in the pack if they were ever under attack, both jobs were a privilege to the ones who were lucky to get them. Jace was six when he witnessed the murder and now he was turning eighteen, his time had come to find his mate so she would stand by his side proudly as the Alpha Female and help rule his pack. The only problem was that he had visited every pack and not a single mate-less female was her. A knock sounded on his door and his Beta Nathan entered. "Dude, we have a problem," he said trying to keep his Beta voice powerful and strong but it faltered a little. Without a word Jace stalked out of his bedroom in just his dark blue striped boxers storming off down the stairs as fast as he could knowing exactly what the problem was. A violent cough from Nathan and a pointed look make Jace about turn and head straight back up. Without paying attention Jace pulled on any old clothes he managed to find in his room quickly, which oddly didn't match at all.