Chapter 12

*WARNING THIS CHAPTER DOES CONTAIN VIOLENCE AND ABUSE NOW!*

"It was Dante."

Those three words that left Adelina's mouth was enough for Jace to lose control , his entire body shook in anger as his wolf clawed at his insides for release - for blood. 'Let me out! I'll kill him! He dares to lay his hands on OUR mate!' The sound of heavy breathing filled the air as Jace struggled to gain control over his wolf when small sobs from the bed, from Adelina's now curled up body, Jace scooped her up in his arms and cradled her across his chest like she was just a baby. His wolf calmed down noticing his mates distress but murder still crossed his mind, rocking her in his arms Jace gently stroked her back into the sound of her sobs diminished to small whimpers. "Adelina I need you to tell me, tell me everything he did too you. You are the Alpha female of this pack and he will not get away with hurting you like this." His rough hand reached up to catch a lose tear that had fell down her cheek as his eyes met her watery ones he needed her to trust him and he had to gain it fast. Sitting there in silence for what felt like hours Adelina finally moved out of Jace's arms and instead took a seat next to him on the sofa, "I was 15 when they took our clan, I think we were the first one the bloodlusts raided, I can't remember it was so long ago," Adelinas breathing increased as she shut her eyes tightly. "I ran and ran-everyone I knew was gone. That's when I ran into him, I thought he would help me, help me find another clan to join, help me feel safe but I was so wrong." Jace let out a small growl reaching over for Adelinas hand that had started shaking. "He hurt me in so many ways Jace, he broke me down till I was nothing. He wasn't wrong I had nothing so of course I was nothing. The pain he put me through broke me but I knew I would have my chance to escape and the chance came. When Irivng caught me I knew that even if I died it would be so much better then to go back to him." Adelina hastily wiped the tears that had started to fall freely while she spoke, sniffled and lifted her gaze upto lock on with Jaces, "But even then I was wrong, he was here as well. I thought I was safe but he still managed to get to me and hurt me." A strangled sob left her throat as she collapsed back into Jaces lap hysterical as everything that had happened came back to her.

Cradling Adelina lost deep in thought Jaces wolf had even gone quiet, the time had passed and Adelina had long since calmed down and drifted off to sleep within his lap, coming back down to earth and realising sleep was eluding him tonight, Jace carried her up to the safety of his bedroom, tucking her in he lay down by her side stroking one of the fading bruises above her eye. Feeling rage swirl up inside off him again at the sight he left his sleeping beauty and opting for a white shirt and brown shorts he left for a restless night in his office, opening the soundproof door he was shocked to see a slumped Irving sat at the meeting table focused intently on an almost covered map with one territory untouched-theirs. Hearing the sound off the office door shut quietly Irving lifted his head up to the intruder before bowing it again slightly at the sight of Jace, "good morning Alpha I wasn't expecting you too be up this late or early shall I say." He glanced up at the clock above Jaces noticing it read half three returning his gaze back to his friend Irving observed his appearance, a stressed look was in his eye and dark circles lay underneath them, with a sigh Jace slumped down into the chair next to Irving and picked up the map gazing it over uninterested. "I take it what you got out of her wasn't the best news but I am surprised you're not up there tearing him to shreds right now," Jace turned his attention to Irving surprised that he knew already, "I guarded the stairs for you and may have heard it Jace but it cant be kept a secret, he has to be dealt with. She is your mate and he is a risk to her still and now the rest of this pack." Jace threw the map onto the table before scrunching his hands into tight fists, "We will have to hold a pack trial with the elders tonight and they will have to decide his punishment. The tension is too high with the bloodlusts and hunters closing in I cant cause more problems by going ahead and exiling him without their permission." Irving nods his head before rising from his chair, "I will pass the message onto the elders for you but in the meantime Jace, seriously dude get some rest you look like shit," resting his hand on his friends shoulder he gave him a sympathetic smile before exiting the office.

The symphony of birds – perched high up in the branches of an old oak tree that was situated outside Jaces window- filled the once quiet bedroom, the fragrance of freshly fully bloomed flowers corrupted the air with the scent of summer. Sunlight crept its way into room through the navy blue curtains casting a horizontal line of brightness and a glare that bounced its way across Adelinas skin as the sun rose higher into the sky, its intruding glare reached her eye causing them to flutter under closed lids before flicking open. Adelina hand automatically moved to the opposite side of the bed which indicated that at some point during the night he had returned to her side, sitting up with a stretch she took in the room she was confused at first on why she was there in the first place, shaking the thoughts from her head she spotted the clothes that had been placed neatly folded at the end of the bed. Deciding on a run to keep her mind off last nights events and to give her wolf a free run on the first day of summer she quickly change into the outfit she assumed Jace had put out for her and descended down the stairs and out the back door towards the woods. Once Adelina was way past the view of the pack house and deep into the woods she paused and took in a deep breath of the woodland scent causing a low deep whine from her wolf who as itching to get out and feel the wind through her coat, heading for a huge birch tree she stripped out of her clothes and relaxed allowing herself to transform into her wolf. Making a rush through the trees Adelina enjoyed the feel of the summer breeze blowing through her coat as the first rush of freedom coursed through her body driving her faster and further into the woods of the territory, with a twitch of her tail and a small jump Adelina cleared a fallen log that was in her way. Before her paws touched the moss covered ground the other side of the log a large black wolf collided into her flank sending her crashing to the ground a few metres away, with a shake of his head the wolf let out a low warning growl at Adelina as she struggled to get stand back up. 'Change!' the wolf demanded her and Adelina cowered at the familiar wolf, with a small whimper she did as she was told and changed back into her human form all while struggling to stand properly. Lifting her gaze up to Dante who stood in the place of the black wolf she hesitantly took a step back causing an evil grin to appear on his face, "I had to wait a hell of a long time to finally get you alone again and damn I am going to make sure it was worth it you bitch!" Continuing to take steps back as Dante advanced on her Adelina backed herself up against a cluster of rocks giving herself no escape, looking up her gaze flicked from Dante's evil eyes to the glint of silver encased over his closed knuckles as it connected with her cheek. Intense pain flashed through Adelinas cheek as blow after blow reined down on her naked body, the silver knuckledusters prolonged her healing abilities and causing the pain to burn through her entire body.

Dantes blood was on fire with rage as he dragged a struggling Adelina by the scalp of her hair, "Why did you escape! You ruined everything!" tugging her harshly releasing a strangled cry from her cracked and bleeding lips, Dante threw her to the dirty floor of a run down cabin. Dante raised his foot booting her hard in the stomach causing her bruised body to skid further inside, "You are my mate not his! This is why I never let you leave you bewitch other men! Like Larry and Jim! You're mine Adelina not his!" Adelina curled in on herself for protection as Dante bent down and pummelled her hard with his bare fists, it wasn't till she felt her body being dragged again that she opened her eyes that had subconsciously closed during the beating and snapped them up in fright at the direction Dante was dragging her in. "He will never want you not after I have finished with you! You will be nothing but a dirty, broken and used whore!" Adrenaline pumped through Adelinas veins as she bucked and wriggled to get free as Dantes grip tightened in her hair as he dragged her to a wooden cot in the far back of the cabin, struggling with all her might Adelina threw a punch which some how managed to catch Dante of guard and his grip loosened enough for her to wriggle free. Ignoring the cursing Dante behind her Adelina made a run for the entrance of the cabin but the beating she endured slowed her down giving Dante the perfect advantage of injecting her with melted down silver, slumping down to the floor halfway to entrance Adelinas eyes drooped slowly as it got further and further away from her until finally she couldn't see the entrance no longer. With a sick smirk on his face Dante dragged Adelinas unconscious body back to the cot where he took great delight in defiling her body.