Chapter Three

Adelina opened her eyes, blinking she took in the figure of Jace who was stood at the foot of the bed holding a black dress in his hand thrust out towards her, she took in the way his hair was damp and stuck to his head along with the beads of sweat that covered his body. “There’s a party tonight, you are no longer our prisoner but in fact a member, as my mate you have been accepted by the pack,” he flashed her one of his dazzling smiles that had her insides melting in seconds, “My Beta’s sister Everin will be up to help you get ready for tonight.” He bent down, laying the dress out gently on the bed before pointing towards a door on the left side of the room, “Showers in there along with some soap and other bits you need,” he blushed slightly, “I must take a shower myself, I’ll see you later,” he smirked winking at her before leaving her alone in the room to her own thoughts. Standing up, Adelina stretched heading in the direction Jace had pointed at, her body was in need of a shower, a hot and long shower at that. Stepping under the steaming hot water, she let it cascade over her body washing away the dirt as well as massaging the sore parts all over her aching body, she resisted turning around looking into the mirror to see how bad the bruises actually were. Reaching for the strawberry scented shampoo and conditioner she mentally let her body relax as she massaged the soap into her hair before washing it out quickly then stepping out into the chilly bathroom. Wrapping her hair up in a towel and another around her frail body she stepped into the room where she had slept and saw who must be Everin, standing in the centre of the room holding a bag of make-up, a hair drier and hair curler. Adelina gulped, the woman looked like a madman and she knew deep down she wasn’t going to enjoy this one last bit, who on earth could make her look beautiful.

‘Beautiful, absolutely beautiful,’ her wolf whispered, Adelina stood in shock, her brown hair was bouncing in curls on her bare shoulders, the bruises that covered her face were hardly recognisable underneath the bronze foundation and her eyes were covered in a smoky black, purple and dark blue. After all the hair pulling and the burns she nearly had, she was thrilled with the way she had turned out, the black dress Jace had given her clung to her body like a second skin heightening her slim figure, she turned hugging Everin tightly but gently, “thank you so much,” she gushed out. Everin returned the gesture hugging her back smiling, “Come on, everyone is waiting for you, we don’t want to keep them waiting any longer,” she turned and walked down the stairs and outside with a happy looking Adelina hot on her heels. Gasps filled the air, the loudest escaped from Jace’s mouth as he took in her striking appearance, never in his life has he seen someone as beautiful as his mate looked right this moment. He watched as she looked around hidden behind Everin shaking slightly with nerves he hoped, he watched as they snapped up to his position on a tree stump as if she felt his gaze on her. Their gaze connected and it compelled her to him, love rocketed through both of their bodies powerfully, leaving them both gasping for breath and almost close to collapsing, from the looks on the mated pack members faces they knew exactly what the chosen pair was experiencing. Dante realised a growl from where he was stood, he wasn’t happy at all with how things were turning out perfect for Adelina and Jace, a few of the members around him turned and stared at him questioning the random growl, he shrugged them off, “I’m hungry,” he answered causing everyone around him to laugh snapping the lovers out of their trance. Jace let out a growl demanding silence, Adelina was now by his side as he laced his hands with hers giving her all of his support and strength knowing she needed it. Adelina thought of pulling her hand away as he touched her, but the electric shots that travelled through her veins and touched her heart made her choose otherwise, as well as the fact that the pack might take it as her rejecting their Alpha. Looking at Jace she could tell from the look on his face that he had felt the same thing she had, smiling to herself she searched the massive crowd in search of Dante, she had finally managed to locate him when a hand pulled on hers, she looked up and clashed her eyes with his, the world had disappeared around them again.