Chapter 13

Raven's Pov

Iris left after we had finished about two seasons. I didn't know when Barry would be home so I decided to clean up a little. 

I had cleaned up the living room and I heard something make a thud sound on the floor. I jumped and I looked around and I saw that a book had fallen from the book shelve. I walked over and I picked up the book. 

It had a plain cover and it was familiar. I opened the book and I knew what the book was. It was a photo album. The page I had flipped to was a picture of me and my parents. 

A tear had sneaked out of my eye and slipped down my face. I started thinking about that night. I closed the book quickly and put it away and I dashed my tears away. I pushed that memory deep withing my mind.

I stood up just as Barry walked through the door. He saw my face and he flashed over and he sent papers flying everywhere. 

I sighed and I said "I just cleaned this room up."

"Sorry. I just saw your tear stained eyes and thought something was wrong." He said.

I sighed and I said "I'm fine Barry."

"Then why do you have tear stained face?"  He asked me.

I turned away and started walking to the kitchen. 

"It's nothing I like to talk about." I said without looking at him.

Barry didn't say anything and I opened the fridge and I took out a chocolate milk. I opened it and took a drink from it.

"So.....I was wondering if you'd like to come over to Joe and Iris's place for supper, with me." Barry said walking into the room.

I looked up at him and I felt like I knew what he was asking.

He wanted me to leave here. I feel like he knows that I am afraid of my powers and he is trying make me not so afraid.

"I don't know....." I said.

He smiled and said "Come on. I'll be there with you the whole time."

I swear I felt myself blush. 

It was only with Joe and Iris. And he will be there the entire time. Maybe it won't be so bad.

I sighed and I nodded. 

"Alright. I'll go. When's the supper?" I asked.

His smile grew and he said "Hold that thought."

He flashed away and then a second later he was back and he said "Joe said in about two hours."

I nodded and walked to my room and I went to my closet and picked out an outfit for tonight.  It took me a while but I did eventually find an outfit to wear. Some normal jeans and a camo t-shirt and a black jacket. I slipped on my brown knee high leather boots and left my hair down.

I had asked Barry if we could go the normal way and not use his speed to get there. He nodded and we took a cab there. 

I felt so scared and nervous. I have been to Joe's and Iris's home before. But I have never had powers I myself have no clue what they are or how to control them.

Barry must have felt I was scared and nervous. 

He looked over and he said "Raven. You'll be fine."

"Speak for yourself. You got use to your power in like, a day." I said.

"How did-" He began.

"Cisco told me." I said flatly. 

"Oh." He said.

We got to Joe's home and we got out. I paid the cab and I followed Barry inside. Iris smiled and we sat in the living room while Joe finished up supper. From here I could smell it and it smelt pretty good.

After a while Joe said that everything was ready. We all sat down and we talked about many things. Yet, I was thinking about my powers. 

Barry's voice brought me back to reality.

"So, Raven. How has your work been?" He asked.

I looked up and I said "Oh. It's been alright. Not too much work."

"Define 'not to much'. I have seen your work and it is way more than 'not that much'." Iris said.

I smiled and said "Ha ha. Very funny."

She smiled and she looked at the dish that had a cover on it. 

"So dad, what's on the menu for tonight?" Iris asked. 

He smiled and said "Homemade perogies and Kraft Dinner with a side of Garlic sticks."

I smiled as that was my favorite meal of all time. 

"Joe. How did you know? This is my favorite meal ever." I said.

He smiled and said "Iris and I do talk about more than how our work places are doing."

I laughed and we all dished up. Joe miscounted the number of garlic sticks and Barry and I had to arm wrestle for it, because I had challenged him for it. He won of course. He split the garlic stick into two and gave me the bigger piece.

I smiled and we all ate in silence. From the corner of my eye, I saw Barry looking at me with a goofy smile. I tried not to blush and make it look like I see him looking at me. I saw Iris and Joe looking from Barry and then to me and they smiled at each other.

It made me wonder what else they talked about when I am not around.