Chapter 1

Raven's Pov

It's been about ten months since the Particle Accelerator went kaboom. I thought nothing of it.  But a lot of people hated Harrison Wells now. 

Personally? I didn't hate or like him. I don't know the dude. I make my own say on whether I like or hate a person, after I have gotten to known them. That's how I have always been. 

I looked at the clock on my laptop screen and saw that it was 9:45 pm. I blinked in surprise and packed up my stuff at my desk. I didn't realize I had stayed so long. I better head home. I put my laptop into its bag and then I put it on my shoulder. I left my finished work on my boss's desk and walked to the door.

"See ya on Tuesday Keith!" I said with a smile.

Keith was our janitor and he does a very good job and always is smiling. He really is a swell guy.

Keith looked up from his spot at one of the windows. He was cleaning a window and he smiled.

"Stayed a little late did we?" He said.

I laughed and said "Yeah."

He shook his head and said "See ya on Tuesday."

And before you ask, today was Saturday, So I have three days off and I am really in need of a break. 

I headed off towards jitters. It was where Iris worked and she always gave me free hot chocolate. Since I don't drink coffee. It was a long walk, and that was only because the traffic is terrible. One wrong step or wrong timing and you will either get hit or killed.

I looked at my watch and I saw that it was almost 10:00 pm. I sighed, knowing that Jitters is long closed by now. I guess I will just have to head on home. 

Walking in Central City at night. Now walking in any city at night could be a good thing and then again it could be a bad thing as well.  You could end up fine and make it to where you are headed in one piece and then again you could end up dead or hurt.

But I am trained in martial arts and know a few moves. If someone was to try to hurt me. I can defend myself. My father always called me "his little warrior." My mother would always smile and tell me how proud she was off me when I won a competition.

Notice how I used the words "Was" and "Would"? Yeah well, there's a reason for that. But It's a reason I don't like to talk about. They are no longer on this earth. And let's leave it at that, shall we? 

Thinking about them make tears threaten to come out. I push those thoughts away. I gather them up and lock them away in the deepest part of my mind. Along with the other memory. So far back in my mind, it'd take a lot to bring them up.

I pushed the tears away and I kept on walking. A sudden chill went down my back and I shivered. It was the beginning of summer and I was cold? 

"Hey."

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. A man in a winter coat stood, leaning against a alley wall. He had a smirk on his face and a large gun in his hands. My eyes widened and I took a step back.

He narrowed his eyes and looked confused. Then he looked down and then laughed lightly.

"Right. The freeze gun. Forgot about that." He said.

I took another step away and he said "I wouldn't think of running."

I looked at him and feeling a little bit angry, and I tilted my head. I don't know who this guy thinks he is or what he wants but I am not going to stick around to find out.

"Oh? And why is that?" I said.

His eyes looked to something behind me and I felt something hard touch the middle of my back. 

"Because I'm going to make sure ya don't, princess." A rough voice said behind me. 

I clenched my jaw and I spun and I elbowed him in the neck and then I kicked upward and kicked the gun out of his hands. The Gun looked like the other guy's gun but this one glowed red. His was blue. 

I kicked him hard in the gut and he grunted in pain and I side kicked him and he smacked into the wall and fell to the ground. I blew my hair out of my face and I huffed. 

"Right. Now that is done." I said and turned to the other guy. "It's your turn."

The guy in his winter coat looked shocked and then it turned into a grin. He looked from the other guy to me. 

"Looks like I underestimated you." He said.

I scoffed and said "Understatement of the year."

He narrowed his eyes and lifted his gun and pointed it at me. 

Crap. I forgotten about his gun. He walked up to me and was about to pull the trigger. I frowned and I stepped on his foot and he growled. I punched him in the face and then I kicked him in the crotch. 

He dropped to the ground and I kicked both guns deeper into the alley and called the cops. 

"Hello?" A young male voice said.

"Hi. This is Raven Montgomery. Two men tried to hurt me. Or they were going to." I said trying to get my words right.

I sighed and said "Look, can you send some cops over here?" 

The voice on the other end laugh lightly and said "Sure thing. What's you're location?"

I face palmed myself. I forgot to tell them where I am. Well that was a dumb thing to do.

I looked and I saw a street sign. It saw 18th street, east.

"I'm on the corner of 18th street, east." I said.

"They're on their way." The voice said.

He chuckled and said "It's a good thing I decided to stay late tonight. I was on my way out when you called."

"Thanks, I think?" I said.

I didn't know if I should be thanking him for sending the cops here or staying late. 

"So who am I even talking to?" I asked.

Another soft laugh. 

"My name is Barry Allen." The voice said. 

I smiled. "Well thank you Barry. I guess I owe you one."

"No problem." He said.

I said good bye and hung up. The cops showed up and one had black hair and dark skin and one had skin that looked a little pale and blonde hair.

I saw their name tags as they got closer and they said Joe and Eddie.

"You alright Ma'am?" Eddie asked.

I nodded and said "Just dandy." 

He smiled and as Joe cuffed and put the two men I knocked out into the car.

"What in the world are you doing out this late?" Joe asked as he closed the car door and walked over to me and Eddie.

"I stayed later at work than I expected to. I didn't watch the time and I was on my way home." I said.

"You and Barry have that in common." Joe said.

I smiled and Eddie said "Would you like a ride home?"

I looked at him and I said "I really don't feel like riding with the two people who tried to hurt me."

He laughed and said "I mean after we drop these two off at prison."

I smiled and said "Yeah. That would be nice. Thanks."