Chapter 12

Barry's Pov

I woke the a bunch of hurried knocks on the door. 

I moaned and looked at the clock. It was 7 am. I groaned and I heard Raven laugh and I heard her voice through the door.

"Don't worry sleepyhead. I'll get the door." 

I closed my eyes and laid my head back down on the pillow. It was only a few seconds later that I heard "RAVEN!!" Then I head a scream of surprise and I jumped out of the bed and I slipped on my pants and a shirt and bunny hug and I ran (normally) into the hall. I looked and I saw Raven on the floor with Iris on top of her. 

Joe was standing at the door looking tired but was laughing. Iris and Raven were laughing as well. Iris and Raven stood up and I laughed a little. 

"I am so glad you are alright!" Iris said, engulfing Raven with her big hug.

Raven smiled and Joe said "Yeah, Raven. It's good to see you alright."

"Thanks." She said with a smile.

To be honest, I saw a smile on her face but I saw something else behind her eyes. It looked like fear. But what could she be afraid of?

Then it hit me. I think she is afraid of being a meta-human and not knowing what her powers are. She's afraid that she might hurt someone.

She saw Joe and mine's tired look and she smiled and said "I'll put some coffee on."

"Yeah, that'd be great." Joe said.

I smiled and said "Thanks."

She went into the kitchen and Iris went with her. 

Joe walked over and he said "So what's the news?"

"I'll tell you at work. I don't want Iris to hear us." I said.

He nodded and Iris called "Hey guys! The coffee is ready!"

I followed Joe into the kitchen and I saw Iris pouring herself a cup. Raven was mixing some hot chocolate powder into a cup of hot water. She looked a little sad and strange. She looked up and looked at me. 

She gave me a soft smile and then went and sat at the table. After getting a cup of coffee for myself, I went and sat down in a seat beside her.

"You heading to work today?" I asked her.

She looked at me and I saw that fear in her eyes again. 

But she smiled and said "No. I am going to spend the day with Iris."

She looked over at Iris and she said "And that means no Eddie."

Iris smiled and I looked at my watch. If Joe and I didn't leave now, we'd be late.

"We better get going Joe or we'll be late." I said.

Joe looked at his watch and said "Yup. Let's head her. You girls ok here?"

Iris and Raven nodded and then Joe and I hurried out the door. Once in the car, Joe started asking me questions.

"So what's up?" He said.

"Well, first thing is......Raven is a Meta-human." I said.

Joe looked over at me for a split second and then back at the road. 

"Whoa. Seriously?" He said.

I nodded and said "And she doesn't know her powers let alone how to control them." 

"Man, that must have been a shock to her." Joe said.

I nodded and I said "I think she's afraid of her unknown powers and is afraid of hurting someone."