Chapter 8

Barry's Pov

Raven wasn't home yet, so I went to Star Labs to help out there. I had left a note for Raven in case she got back before I did. 

Anyway, Cisco and I were trying to track down Captain Cold and His buddy and also the Piped Piper. That should be easy. Right? 

No.

Not at all.

It is like trying to find three needles in a humongous hay stack. I just hoped we find them before they find Raven.

"I can't believe we haven't found them yet." I said.

Cisco nodded and rubbed his temples.

"Yeah. I know. It's like how no one could find Luke after he disappeared." He said.

I smiled and said "That is what I was thinking."

I was about to say something else when the alarms went off and I sped off, in my suit, and towards the spot. 

Raven's Pov

I cannot believe this is happening. 

I was almost late for work! I just made it in time. Stupid traffic jam.

I sighed and I walked down the hall into my office. I placed my laptop on my desk and got to work.

My boss popped his head into my office and he said "You work looks great Raven."

I smiled and said "Thank you, sir."

He left and I got to work. But it was only an hour before I heard an explosion. I jumped to my feet and peeked out of my office. I saw the photo copier in flames. 

Great. Well at least we now have an excuse to buy a new one.

I peeked down the hall and I let out a soft gasp. It was that guy who tried to flirt with me by that shop.

"I will make this simple for you weak minded people." He said as he stepped into the building.

"I am looking for someone who works here. Her name is Raven. She has beautiful hair and a heavenly smile." He said.

If it were anyone else. They'd be flattered. I, however, was disgusted. 

"Hand her over to me and I will leave this place standing." He said.

I pulled my head back into my office and I stood and looked for a window. And as it so happens, there was no windows in my office. I made a mental note to ask my boss for an office with a window. 

I moved back and I knocked over my trash can. I jumped at the clang it made with the ground.

"Ah. I heard you, my sweet." He said. 

Crap! Now he knows where I am! I need to get out of here and to the police station.

Then I remembered the mini microphone Barry had given me!

"Ah ha. Found you."

I looked up and moved myself into a corner as he came closer. I have to admit. I was afraid. This man was not normal. He could hurt me with those sonic waves.

I flinched when he crouched down and reached out a hand to stroke my face. I did the normal thing to do and I pushed him away from me. He fell back and I got up and made a run for it. His hand flashed outward and grabbed my foot. 

I let out a cry of surprise and fell to the ground.  I looked and I saw him standing above me. He did not look happy with me. I rolled onto my back and pushed off of my hands and jumped to my feet. 

He lunged and his hand wrapped around my throat. I struggled against his grip and he chuckled.

"Now, now. Don't struggle. I don't want to hurt you." He said.

Yeah right. Like the grip on my throat isn't harming me. He wrapped an arm around my neck and held me tight as he put my hands behind me and put something on my hands. I gasped as they tightened.

"Sorry if they are a little tight. I have to make sure my angel doesn't use her fighting skills on me." He whispered in my ear.

"I'm not your angel." I growled.

He was about to say something when a sudden gust of wind came. I closed my eyes and heard the papers from my desk go flying. 

I opened them and I saw The Flash standing there. He looked at me and I couldn't see his face. It was as though he was vibrating. Like before.

"Let her go Hartley." He said. 

Well at least I know his name now. 

Hartley laughed and he said "And let my beautiful angel be in the hands of you, Flash? Not a chance."

I growled and was about to say that I wasn't his angel, when he shoved a cloth into my mouth. I glared at him and he only smiled down at me.

"Sorry, love. Can't have you interrupting." He said.

He looked back at The Flash and he said "I think we are done here."

"Not a chance." The Flash said.

I looked at him with pleading eyes. I sent him a look that asked him to help me. 

Hartley raised his hand and sent waves at The Flash. It sent him flying into the wall. Hartley then aimed for the ceiling and sent waves at it. A huge part of the roof came down on The Flash. And he didn't move.

I called out to him but it only came out muffled. Hartley grabbed me and pulled me out of them room. I struggled as he pulled me out of the building and he shoved me into the back seat of a stolen cab car. To make sure I didn't use my feet for anything he put these cuffs on me ankles.

He closed the door and walked around to the driver's seat. He got in and put the car in gear. He slipped into traffic and I managed to sit up and look out the back window.

I saw police cars arrive and Joe and Eddie get out of a car. Joe looked around and then he saw me in the back window and his eyes widened. Then we turned the corner and I slid off of the seat and somehow managed to smack my head on the car door. 

I then slipped into darkness.