Chapter 7

Raven's Pov

Barry Allen is no dumb person. When he said he'd be able to protect me while I had to go to work. He wasn't kidding.

He told me that he had went to Star Labs and he had asked his friends there to make a device. This device is like a mini microphone and that way if I'm in trouble then Barry can come and help me. 

But.

How can he when the Police Department and where I work are so far apart? I didn't know but I wasn't going to ask any questions.

I had woken up early and left a note telling Barry that I had gone to work. I had caught a cab to Jitters and grabbed an already waiting Hot chocolate from Iris. I got back into the cab and went to work.

I looked at my phone and turned it on vibrate. I didn't dare have it on sound. I'd get in trouble if I did. 

I walked into the building and went to my desk. As usual, my desk was filled with letters. I cracked my knuckles and got to work. 

It was many letters later I had barely made a dint in the pile of letters. I had skipped lunch in order to finish at least half of the letters. 

I didn't even stop for my break or anything. I had a lot of work to do and I would most likely end up taking the rest home with me.

It was about almost quitting time when my phone had a buzzing fit. I looked at it and I saw the  screen say Iris's name and number on it. 

I sighed and I picked it up and went to the washroom. I answered it.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." Iris said. "Eddie and I were about to go out for Pizza. I was wondering if you would like to tag along."

I looked at the clock and I said "Yeah. Sure. I'm almost done work. Pick me up in 15 minutes?"

"Sure thing! See ya then!" She said.

I smiled and said "Ok."

I hung up and I went back to my desk. I packed up the rest of my letters and finished a few up. Next thing I knew I heard a car horn honk. I smiled and picked up my bag and packed up my laptop and I walked out the door.

I got into the back seat of Iris's car and closed the door.

Iris looked back at me and once she saw my bag of letters her eyes widened.

Uh oh. I knew what was coming.

"Raven! Are you going to do all of that?" She asked.

I looked at the bag and then I looked at her and I said "Um.....yes?"

Eddie looked back and said "Whoa. That's more letters than I have of cases." 

He chuckled and I smiled and said "Oh hush you two." 

Iris smiled and put the car in drive and took off. It only took us five minutes to get to the pizza place. To be honest, I hated the idea of being the single one and the shadow. But I never passed up a chance to hang out with Iris.

I sat down and we ordered the pizza.

And being my crazy self. I took out my laptop and my letter and began working on my responses. I don't think Iris and Eddie were aware of me doing this. They were flirting and laughing. So I ate pizza as I did my work. 

I had gotten about two done before a voice in my ear said "Raven!"

I jumped in my seat and looked over to see Iris staring at me while Eddie laughed. I thwacked her lightly and she giggled.

"Not cool Iris." I said.

She smiled and she said "Well serves you right for doing your work while eating."

I smiled and said "Well what else was I suppose to do while you two made out."

Iris smiled and I looked at the clock and I said "I better head home."

"You want a ride?" Eddie asked.

I shook my head and said "No. That's alright. I'll walk."

Iris and Eddie looked at each other worried but I packed up my stuff and said goodbye and left before they could say anything.

I know what you are thinking. Every time I went out on my own, that guy who has a blue gun that hangs out with the guy with the red gun or the guy who makes things explode and flirts with me, could jump me and hurt me. 

But I had a plan. If my martial arts didn't work then I would scream and Barry would hear in the microphone and come to help me. So really I was all set. 

I don't think my apartment was far from the pizza place. So I will just walk there. It also isn't dark yet so I will be ok.

It took me about 20 minutes but I did make it home.  I opened the door and I saw a note on the table in my living room. I set up my laptop and set my bag of letters down beside it and then looked at the letter. 

It was a note from Barry saying that he had to  run to Star Labs for a bit and would be back soon. I didn't know when he wrote this so I put it down and sat down and began working on the letters. It was 7:45 and I needed to get to work.

It was about 8:50 when Barry got back. I didn't hear him come in and he scared the living hell out of me. That is twice that has happened to me today. I felt bad as I kinda punch him in the chest a little hard. 

"It's alright." He said. 

He looked at my bag and he said "You got to do all of that?"

I nodded and I said "I shouldn't be longer. I'm almost done."

Barry looked at me as though I was crazy.

I laughed and said "Yeah. I get that look a lot. Probably more than I should."

He laughed and said "Right."

He had dragged out the right and I rolled my eyes at him. He smiled and his gaze shifted as he looked at my movie shelve.

"Whoa. You have the entire Star Wars series?" He said.

I smiled and said "Yup."

"Cool." He said.

I smiled and turned my attention to my work. Barry went to his room and left me to work. I had finished up and looked at the clock. It was around 10:30 and I needed to get my rest. I had to work tomorrow.

I got up and I made a hot chocolate and went to my room. I closed the door and put my hot chocolate on my night stand and got changed into my pajamas. I slipped into my bed and I sipped my hot chocolate. 

Once it was gone. I laid down and I fell asleep.